[TOOL] EAH | Empyrion Admin Helper v1.61.x

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by RexXxuS, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Update

Hey there,

just a smal update to fix two issues reported.

Enjoy

Patch notes - 1.61.3.1 (Game Version >=1.9.x)
    Remember to stop the server, start the tool and then start the server to apply the Update.
    If you start a new game also make sure to restart the tool after you started the game the first time.
    Please turn off Autban before you update the tool or start the server. Then check for a few hours if the Cheater Check marks people yellow (Extreme = They would get banned) without reason. If so, please let us know and do not turn on AutoBan. If everything is ok, you can turn on AutoBan.
    In case you are using a slave tool: Be aware that using this version only works if you update master and slave!
    This Version will be available over steam and via manual download.

• Fix: Chatbot: CB:Wipe also show Message when no structures to be wiped
    • Fix: ChatbotOptions: Empty and not editable on Slave when Master has no entries.

Taelyn and Germanicus like this.
  2. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Update

Smal update for the next game Version

Patch notes - 1.61.4.0 (Game Version >=1.10.x)
    Remember to stop the server, start the tool and then start the server to apply the Update.
    If you start a new game also make sure to restart the tool after you started the game the first time.
    Please turn off Autban before you update the tool or start the server. Then check for a few hours if the Cheater Check marks people yellow (Extreme = They would get banned) without reason. If so, please let us know and do not turn on AutoBan. If everything is ok, you can turn on AutoBan.
    In case you are using a slave tool: Be aware that using this version only works if you update master and slave!

• Add: Gameoptions: New Game setting EnableUnlockCheckInBPF: true/false
    • Change: Under 10 Block Warning: Only for new ships, since structure update is not that often

Germanicus likes this.
  3. krazong

krazong Ensign

Please help.

I tried to delete the OAM from a couple of banned players using EAH, but now all of the OAM's from all the players on the server are gone. I do have a complete backup every day of the whole empyrion directory where the server runs, but need to know which file I must overwrite to restore the OAM's.

I am running the latest version (currently 1.10)

Thanks in advance.

4. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Hey,

just turn off EAH, then replace the EAH_AddOn.dat in the EAH\Config folder. (there should be also a backup of that file in the EAH\Backup folder (Folders contain the date of the backup).

The EAH folder depends on where you installed it, or if you use the preinstalled EAH under "\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper"

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Update

Patch notes - 1.61.5.0 (Game Version >=1.10.x)

• Add: New Faction Right: Apprentice
    • Fix: Some spelling errors

Taelyn likes this.
  6. Diablo89

Diablo89 Ensign

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but every time I try to access game settings, I receive this error.
    [​IMG]

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Your GameOptions.yaml is not connect. Line 8 has an error

8. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Is EAH being worked on in the future? I noticed unless I could not find the option the DLC enable feature was not in the panel. Of course I can do it by hand via the yaml file, but just wondering if there be future updates to EAH.

9. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    We will try to do so yes but atm the bugs in the game have priority

StoneLegion likes this.
  10. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Oh yeah 100%, just wondering if there was going to be a future for it <3 If you are running a server you should be at least able to understand editing a yml tbh haha. But just was curious about the tools future. Thanks for the fast reply.

Taelyn likes this.
  11. Turist[40k]

Turist[40k] Ensign

Hello, help with EAH please

We have small dedicated server and somehow it crashed wih loss of data. We have made fresh installation of empyrion dedicated server under the same path, copied over EAH settings.xml file and both structures and content backups from from latest EAH backup folders pair.
    The problem is that 2 key structures are missing (my and my friend`s CVs). The folders (and files) with appropriate IDs are present in Shared folder. On 1st start after restore from backup his CV is actually in game but is starter block only (core and couple of currounding blocks), mine is totally missing.

Strange things are:
    1) Structures window in EAH is completely empty so i dont see ANY structures whatsoever, i has worked before...
    2) if i browse backup i see both CVs and i can spawn (via add from backup) my CV. But his CV does not appear despite the EAH says it has spwaned the structure successfully (i have tried to spawn it several kilometers away just in case - it does not chnge anything).

12. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Hello,

This has not much to do with EAH. EAH gives the posibility to back-up save games
    But if it will work or not, is not something thats up to EAH, but how the owner copies the data back

Restoreing a Save Game is not going to work if you copy just a part over. You need to restore a full save game

13. Turist[40k]

Turist[40k] Ensign

I undetstand, but at least non-working Structures viewer should have something to do with EAH - i have seen some reports of similar issue but they were for older versions of EAH and solutions seem to be not relevant anymore.

14. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    It can have some reasons

1. the server data base has no data, thus EAH wont show anything since it depend on that. (What i suspect is the reason since you cant spawn the vessel either)
    2. EAH is not pointing to the right folders
    3. The mod that EAH coppies to the Mod directory to talk with the game is not present
    4. the API config is setup wrong

In other words, since you broke the save game anyway it seems, start a fresh one and see if it all works

15. Turist[40k]

Turist[40k] Ensign

1) i can not spawn one particular cv. And there are a lot of other structures perfectly present in the game, i see all of them in ingame registry

2) all EAH folder settings are valid, i see players, the server starts, shuts down etc from the EAH just fine

3) could you tell me please where exactly is this folder located and what should be present there so i could chek it? As i have said, i have done complete fresh installation of dedicated server which includes EAH as well.

4) which exactly settings could be that? Do you mean ip addr and port (127.0.0.1 in my case since server and eah are located on the same machine)

Thanks

16. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Content/Mods/EPM

Here you find the dll and the api config, this needs to match with EAH and best to leave default

But as i said you need to have a fresh save game, you didnt copy everything over and this broke the save game and likely EAH
    We run EAH our self on the Official Servers and everything works fine. So this is an issue in your save game

You cant simply fix this anymore now, a fresh save game is a must

17. Turist[40k]

Turist[40k] Ensign

Thanks for the hint. I am quite sure that i have recovered full content of the savegame folder so i will give it a try anyway.

May i ask how in general game database access works? Should db be considered as corrupted anytime the server crashes (or is being shutdown via taskkill etc) and recovery from the backup is advised?

There is an "save game integrity check" option in EAH - does it really means that all the data inside savegame is consistent when there are no error messages during check?

18. Turist[40k]

Turist[40k] Ensign

Is it generally ok in case of new file to spawn some CVs into the fresh save by the means of EAH from the old structure backup?

19. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Power outages break more then just the database and this cant be recovered
    Only thing what would have helped is daily full backups and then restore the full backup. Not by overwriting files but by deleting the save game and use the backup save game. Overwriting files causes miss matches, and then the server wont work anymore

No this is just a eah check what does nothing to see if the save game is broken or not.
    It checks if certain files are present and if not it throws an error. it does not check for corruption

This is not supported by us. You can try but its not something i can help you with