[TOOL] Empyrion server Auto Update Tools - V2.0.1.0

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Watcher330, Nov 7, 2017.

1. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

What in the windows registry does this program change? I was running a server perfectly fine with EAH for days and decided an auto updater would be nice. Now I have a completely broken mess. I have cleaned out everything i could find empyrion, EAH and this updater. Now i can no longer set up or get any server running again for empyrion even after a fresh install (removed appdata). I'm also running a conan exiles server, 5 instances of ark in a cluster, and 7 days to die server all on the same machine. I don't think I'm making many mistakes here. Please help me remove all traces of this program so i can get EAH running again.

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

afaik HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater

But i honestly doubt its the reason. You might want to check the EAH logs first to see why it doesn't connect

3. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

I already got rid of them in the process if trying to get a fresh install. (I did see them briefly, something was making EAH hang.) Something caused a memory leak and crashed the server machine (64gb ram). I connect to the machine via logmein. (2 friends running game servers for more friends) he's attempting to rebuild it again now sense i have failed twice. will let you know what happens. sorry I don't have as much info as probably desired.

4. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Registry : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater
    And (If run with Windows enabled) : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    File : Windir\logs\EmpyrionOnline

5. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

I'm at a loss. It seems like the auto update tool created files and paths to something we cant find.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  6. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

Well After long hours and less hair we seem to have it running again. I don't know how to properly say what went wrong but everything was fine until we added the Update tool. Right after adding the tool to the machine, the admin helper program screen went white and black, about a minute later the machine crashed. from there we tried setting up the tool but continued to have issues with connecting to steam and working with EAH. after a few attempts, we decided updating it our selfs would be better after all. after removing every trace of the auto update tool, dedi server, and EAH, we did a fresh install of only the dedi server with EAH exactly the way we did the 1st time we got it working. the issue was we still had the same problem. strange enough you could connect to the server and select a starting planet, but you just wouldn't load in. in the task manager a normal playfield seemed to use only about 1.2gb of ram at the start of a game, in this case it jumped to 2.9gb almost as it was trying to build the playfield twice. I'm not really sure how or why this keeped happening. Eventually After Using all the .exe commands in the files and removing everything from the firewall settings and allowing new rules to be set, the server finally started a playfield that loads and can be connected to.

7. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

can you send me the logfile of Updater ? in "Windir\logs\EmpyrionOnline"
    I do not think the updater is involved. But everything is possible

Have you enabled the DataProvider ?
    If enabled an windows service existe "EOSatellite" you can disable it and file located here : Windir\EOSdataProvider.exe

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

26-22:28:24.317 18_28 -EXC- System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

Your server didnt shut down correctly. Some process kept running thats why. This happens from time to time

9. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

I wont Be able to send logs as the info has been wiped. apologies for that but as is I'm not the only one working on it. I'm sure we didn't set it up in the right order. We got the server back online last night the way we had it before we added the update tool (EAH only). I think after that experience we will just update the normal way. (in my opinion if the EAH and update tool was 1 tool, the set up would be better for gamers)

Side note: I was very frustrated yesterday with the ordeal so apologies if i came of brash. Just happy i get to play A10 with the bros now.

10. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

When we installed it we made a folder on the main drive. when we opened it, it re populated some files from the dedi server folder, thus marking some of the files in the dedi folder "old". when this happened is when everything broke. from this point it didn't matter what we did, it always loaded 2 playfields at 2.9gb. After failed attempts at making it work, we decided to just go back to what we had. EAH only. We deleted everything empy, update tool, and EAH. Although I don't know if EAH makes registry edits. we didn't clear those as we didn't know/find the keys. After a clean install of everything (we removed appdata as well) we still had the same problem. 2 playfields 2.9gb. after a wipe though, we could connect to the starting screen and select a planet, but from there, permanent loading screen. after many wipes, after triggering all the .exe files in the dedi folders manually along with steam cmd. we restarted EAH 4 times and on the 4th time it just worked.

11. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Sounds abit that something went horrible wrong :(

Hard to say what caused it without haveing the log files sadly

12. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

The server owner plans on building another server tower. A thread ripper system. when this happens, the current will become a secondary server. I'm going to see if we can set up a VM on it for better testing and or itself. if this happens, I may revisit this and see if i can figure out what happened, gain logs. I'll update the thread in the future. I can't guarantee that though as I'm not the guy who gets to make the final calls.

13. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

If You run more then 1 game server on the machine you plan on running empyrion on, I recommend avoiding this tool until a unified program is built including an uninstaller. As it stand's, The machine we installed it on is having nothing but issues with the windows api now.
    I firmly believe the tool caused this as the machine never had issues until we added this tool in the C drive. (we had EAH running before this with 0 issues) in fact, when we added the tool, EAH blacked out and the computer crashed.

"it's an override the way it was written
    he had to since it needs to over ride the server app
    but it has no uninstaller
    makes it a virus pretty much
    it registers itself and makes process tasks
    and because of the master slave they used windows api integration for controlling reasons
    the 7 days to die server is no longer able to restart itself now since that updater app
    and the conan server has pathing issues along with the flashing screen from windows api
    running a registry cleaner
    found massive amount of errors
    many labeled EOupdater"

14. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

@brad68brad Thank you for sending me your report (that I can see the problem and corrected it maybe).

there will be no installer because it is not invasive.
    There is only one LOG file and one registry location there is nothing else.

I still do not think that the program is the cause of your dysfunction.
    It only controls SteamCMD and checks for the presence of empyrion processes.
    the use of the dedicated.yaml is used for the start of empyrion, and the password for sending the SAY and SAVANDEXIT command.

The program was developed for the server "EMPYRION.FR" and shared for pleasure.
    I am open to all evolution but in case of problem without LOG, without report I can not do anything.

15. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Here for information the only two functions of reading and writing in the windows registry

Save config Fonction :
    Code:
    Func _Save_Config()
        Local $sTmp
        RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ConfigVerion", "REG_SZ",         _StringToHex(FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath)))
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ConfigVerion") = _StringToHex(FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath)) Then ; Vérification si la config s'enregistre bien
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamAppID", "REG_SZ",         GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_AppID))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranch", "REG_SZ",         _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_Branch)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDusr", "REG_SZ",         _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_User)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMD", "REG_SZ",             _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_SteamCMD)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EmpyrionLauncher", "REG_SZ",     _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_EmpLaunch)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "DedicasedYAML", "REG_SZ",     _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_EMP_DediYAML)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "smtp", "REG_SZ",                 _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_SMTP)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_from_name", "REG_SZ",     _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_MailFromName)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_from", "REG_SZ",         _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_MailFrom)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_objet", "REG_SZ",         _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_MailObj)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_to", "REG_SZ",             _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_MailTO)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_Username", "REG_SZ",     _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_SMTPUsr)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_Port", "REG_SZ",         GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_SMTPPort))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AUCheck_Time", "REG_SZ",         GUICtrlRead($hGui_AU_CheckT))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ShutDown_Time", "REG_SZ",     GUICtrlRead($hGui_AU_ShutDownT))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "StopMsg", "REG_SZ",             _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_AU_SMsg)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBU", "REG_SZ",             _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_AU_ScriptBU)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBST", "REG_SZ",         _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_AU_ScriptBST)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBS", "REG_SZ",             _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_AU_ScriptBS)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ARCheck_Time", "REG_SZ",         GUICtrlRead($hGui_AR_CheckT))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "Restart_Time", "REG_SZ",         GUICtrlRead($hGui_AR_RestartT))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_Api", "REG_SZ",             _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_EO_ApiUrl)))
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_Token", "REG_SZ",            _Crypt_EncryptData(GUICtrlRead($hGui_EO_Token), [CRYPTKEYALGOJAMMED], $CALG_AES_256))

If GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_PWD) <> "" Then ; Enregistrement de PWD Steam
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDpwd", "REG_SZ", _Crypt_EncryptData(_StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_PWD)), [CRYPTKEYALGOJAMMED], $CALG_AES_256))
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDpwd", "REG_SZ", "")
            EndIf
            If GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_Branch_PWD) <> "" Then ; Enregistrement de PWD Steam Branch
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranchPwd", "REG_SZ", _Crypt_EncryptData(_StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_Branch_PWD)), [CRYPTKEYALGOJAMMED], $CALG_AES_256))
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranchPwd", "REG_SZ", "")
            EndIf
            If GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_Branch_Other) <> "" Then ; Enregistrement de SteamBranch Other
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranchOther", "REG_SZ", _StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_ST_Branch_Other)))
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranchOther", "REG_SZ", "")
            EndIf
            If GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_SMTPPwd) <> "" Then ; Enregistrement des PWD SMTP
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_Password", "REG_SZ", _Crypt_EncryptData(_StringToHex(GUICtrlRead($hGui_SM_SMTPPwd)), [CRYPTKEYALGOJAMMED], $CALG_AES_256))
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_Password", "REG_SZ", "")
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_ST_anonymous) Then ; Enrigistrement de l'option "Connection Anonyme"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDAnonymous", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDAnonymous", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_ST_Validate) Then ; Enrigistrement de l'option "Steam Validate"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDValidate", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDValidate", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_SM_Enable) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Send Mail"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "MEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "MEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_SM_SMTPssl) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Mail Enable SSL"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_ssl", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_ssl", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_AU_Enable) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Auto Update"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AUEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AUEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_AU_RestartEAH) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Start EAH aprés une mise a jour"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "RestartEAH", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "RestartEAH", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_AR_Enable) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Auto Restart"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AREnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AREnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_OPT_AutoStartES) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Start server with E.O. Auto Updater"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AutoStartEmpSrv", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AutoStartEmpSrv", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_OPT_UpdateOS) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Launch initial update before starting server"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "UpdateOnFirstStart", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "UpdateOnFirstStart", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_OPT_AutoStartEAH) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Launch EAH After server going up"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AutoStartEmpSrvEAH", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AutoStartEmpSrvEAH", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_EO_Enable) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Enable Empyrion Online Satellite"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EOEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EOEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_EO_AU_Enable) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Enable E.O.S.Auto Update"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_AUEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_AUEnable", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_EO_JammerEnable) Then ; Enregistrement de l'option "Password Jammer"
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EOJammer", "REG_DWORD", 0x000002)
            Else
                RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EOJammer", "REG_DWORD", 0x000001)
            EndIf
            If _IsChecked($hGui_OPT_StartOnBoot) Then ; Option Start on Boot
                If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "EmpUpdater") <> '"' & @ScriptFullPath & '"' Then
                    RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "EmpUpdater", "REG_SZ", '"' & @ScriptFullPath & '"')
                EndIf
            Else
                If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "EmpUpdater") <> "" Then
                    RegDelete("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "EmpUpdater")
                EndIf
            EndIf

;~     Enregistrement du E.O.S. Forbiden command
            For $a = 0 to _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hGui_EO_FCommand)
                If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hGui_EO_FCommand, $a) <> "" Then
                    $sTmp &= _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hGui_EO_FCommand, $a) & "|"
                EndIf
            Next
            If StringRight($sTmp, 1) = "|" Then $sTmp = StringTrimRight($sTmp, 1)
            RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_FCommand", "REG_SZ", _StringToHex($sTmp))
        Else
            _Log('Error : Please check your admin right or "HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater" right.')
            MsgBox(262144 + 16, $sProgName, "An error has occurred !" & @CRLF & "Can't save configuration." & @CRLF & 'Please check your admin right or "HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater" right.')
            Exit
        EndIf
    EndFunc

Read config fonction :
    Code:
    Func _ReadConfig()
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDValidate") =     0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_EMP_SteamCMDV = False Then $sREG_EMP_SteamCMDV = True
        Else
            If $sREG_EMP_SteamCMDV = True Then $sREG_EMP_SteamCMDV = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDAnonymous") =     0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_EMP_SteamCMD_Anonymous = False Then $sREG_EMP_SteamCMD_Anonymous = True
        Else
            If $sREG_EMP_SteamCMD_Anonymous = True Then $sREG_EMP_SteamCMD_Anonymous = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "MEnable") =             0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_SM_Enable = False Then $sREG_SM_Enable = True
        Else
            If $sREG_SM_Enable = True Then $sREG_SM_Enable = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AUEnable") =             0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_AU_Enable = False Then $sREG_AU_Enable = True
        Else
            If $sREG_AU_Enable = True Then $sREG_AU_Enable = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "RestartEAH") =             0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_AU_RestartEAH = False Then $sREG_AU_RestartEAH = True
        Else
            If $sREG_AU_RestartEAH = True Then $sREG_AU_RestartEAH = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AREnable") =             0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_AR_Enable = False Then $sREG_AR_Enable = True
        Else
            If $sREG_AR_Enable = True Then $sREG_AR_Enable = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_ssl") =             0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_SM_SMTPssl = False Then $sREG_SM_SMTPssl = True
        Else
            If $sREG_SM_SMTPssl = True Then $sREG_SM_SMTPssl = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AutoStartEmpSrv") =     0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_OPT_AutoStartES = False Then $sREG_OPT_AutoStartES = True
        Else
            If $sREG_OPT_AutoStartES = True Then $sREG_OPT_AutoStartES = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "UpdateOnFirstStart") =     0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_OPT_UpdateOS = False Then $sREG_OPT_UpdateOS = True
        Else
            If $sREG_OPT_UpdateOS = True Then $sREG_OPT_UpdateOS = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AutoStartEmpSrvEAH") =     0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_OPT_AutoStartEAH = False Then $sREG_OPT_AutoStartEAH = True
        Else
            If $sREG_OPT_AutoStartEAH = True Then $sREG_OPT_AutoStartEAH = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EOEnable") =     0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_EO_Enable = False Then $sREG_EO_Enable = True
        Else
            If $sREG_EO_Enable = True Then $sREG_EO_Enable = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_AUEnable") =     0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_EO_AUEnable = False Then $sREG_EO_AUEnable = True
        Else
            If $sREG_EO_AUEnable = True Then $sREG_EO_AUEnable = False
        EndIf
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EOJammer") =     0x000002 Then
            If $sREG_EO_Jammer = False Then $sREG_EO_Jammer = True
        Else
            If $sREG_EO_Jammer = True Then $sREG_EO_Jammer = False
        EndIf
        $sREG_EMP_AppID =         RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamAppID")
        $sREG_EMP_Branchpwd =    RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranchPwd")
        $sREG_EMP_SteamPWD =     RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDpwd")
        $sREG_SM_SMTPPwd =         RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_Password")
        $sREG_SM_SMTPPort =     RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_Port")
        $sREG_AU_CheckT =         RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AUCheck_Time")
        $sREG_AU_ShutDownT =     RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ShutDown_Time")
        $sREG_AR_CheckT =         RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ARCheck_Time")
        $sREG_AR_RestartT =     RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "Restart_Time")
        $sREG_AU_SMsg =         RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "StopMsg")
        $sREG_EO_Token =         RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_Token")
        $sREG_EMP_Branch =         _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranch"))
        $sREG_EMP_Branch_Other =_HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranchOther"))
        $sREG_EMP_SteamCMD =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMD"))
        $sREG_EMP_SteamUSR =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDusr"))
        $sREG_EMP_EmpLaunch =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EmpyrionLauncher"))
        $sREG_EMP_DediYAML =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "DedicasedYAML"))
        $sREG_SM_SMTP =         _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "smtp"))
        $sREG_SM_MailFromName = _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_from_name"))
        $sREG_SM_MailFrom =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_from"))
        $sREG_SM_MailObj =         _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_objet"))
        $sREG_SM_MailTO =         _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_to"))
        $sREG_SM_SMTPUsr =         _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_Username"))
        $sREG_AU_ScriptBU =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBU"))
        $sREG_AU_ScriptBS =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBS"))
        $sREG_AU_ScriptBST =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBST"))
        $sREG_EO_ApiUrl =         _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_Api"))
        $sREG_EO_FCommand =     _HexToString(RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_FCommand"))
        If StringInStr(StringLeft(_HexToString($sREG_AU_SMsg), 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_AU_SMsg = _StringToHex($sREG_AU_SMsg)
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_EMP_Branch, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_EMP_Branch = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamBranch")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_EMP_SteamCMD, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_EMP_SteamCMD = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMD")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_EMP_SteamUSR, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_EMP_SteamUSR = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDusr")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_EMP_EmpLaunch, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_EMP_EmpLaunch = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EmpyrionLauncher")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_EMP_DediYAML, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_EMP_DediYAML = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "DedicasedYAML")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_SM_SMTP, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_SM_SMTP = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "smtp")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_SM_MailFromName, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_SM_MailFromName = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_from_name")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_SM_MailFrom, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_SM_MailFrom = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_from")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_SM_MailObj, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_SM_MailObj = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_objet")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_SM_MailTO, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_SM_MailTO = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_to")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_SM_SMTPUsr, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_SM_SMTPUsr = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "mail_Username")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_AU_ScriptBU, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_AU_ScriptBU = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBU")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_AU_ScriptBS, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_AU_ScriptBS = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBS")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_AU_ScriptBST, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_AU_ScriptBST = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "ScriptBST")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_EO_ApiUrl, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_EO_ApiUrl = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_Api")
        If StringInStr(StringLeft($sREG_EO_FCommand, 2), "0x", 1) Then $sREG_EO_FCommand = RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_FCommand")
    ;~ ____________________________________________________
    ;~     ### Application des paramétres par default si non configurée
        If $sREG_EMP_Branch = ""     Then $sREG_EMP_Branch = "public"
        If $sREG_EMP_AppID = ""     Then $sREG_EMP_AppID = "530870"
        If $sREG_SM_SMTPPort = ""     Then $sREG_SM_SMTPPort = "25"
        If $sREG_AR_CheckT = ""     Then $sREG_AR_CheckT = "1"
        If $sREG_AR_RestartT = ""     Then $sREG_AR_RestartT = "5"
        If $sREG_AU_CheckT = ""     Then $sREG_AU_CheckT = "15"
        If $sREG_AU_ShutDownT = ""     Then $sREG_AU_ShutDownT = "5"
        If $sREG_AU_SMsg = ""         Then $sREG_AU_SMsg = _StringToHex("This server restarts for update in 5 minutes.")
        If $sREG_AU_ScriptBU = ""     Then $sREG_AU_ScriptBU = "None"
        If $sREG_AU_ScriptBS = ""     Then $sREG_AU_ScriptBS = "None"
        If $sREG_AU_ScriptBST = ""     Then $sREG_AU_ScriptBST = "None"
        If $sREG_EO_FCommand = ""     Then $sREG_EO_FCommand = "saveandexit|initadmin|changemode|setrole|wipe|stoppf"
        If $sREG_EO_Token = ""         Then $sREG_EO_Token = _Crypt_EncryptData(_Gen_Token(), [CRYPTKEYALGOJAMMED], $CALG_AES_256)
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "SteamCMDAnonymous") =     "" Then $sREG_EMP_SteamCMD_Anonymous = True
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AUEnable") =             "" Then $sREG_AU_Enable = True
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AREnable") =             "" Then $sREG_AR_Enable = True
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "RestartEAH") =             "" Then $sREG_AU_RestartEAH = True
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "AutoStartEmpSrv") =     "" Then $sREG_OPT_AutoStartES = True
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "UpdateOnFirstStart") =     "" Then $sREG_OPT_UpdateOS = True
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EOEnable") =             "" Then $sREG_EO_Enable = False
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EO_AUEnable") =         "" Then $sREG_EO_AUEnable = True
        If RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater", "EOJammer") =             "" Then $sREG_EO_Jammer = True
        If $sREG_EO_ApiUrl = ""     Then
            If $sOnline_API_Url <> "" Then
                $sREG_EO_ApiUrl = $sOnline_API_Url
            Else
                $sREG_EO_ApiUrl = $sUpdateURL
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndFunc

For the part EAH I'm just using the API "TOOLSTOP.TXT"

Stop EAH fonction :
    Code:
    Func _EmpEAHShutdown()
        Local $hTimeOut
        If ProcessExists("EmpAdminHelper.exe") Then
            $sEAH_Present = True
            _Log("Closing EAH") ;                                                                Log
            Run(@ComSpec & ' /C echo. >>"' & $sST_EmpLaunchDir & '\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper\Import Commands\TOOL_STOP.txt"', $sST_EmpLaunchDir & "\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper\Import Commands", @SW_HIDE)
            $hTimeOut = TimerInit() ;                                                                Initialise le Timer de TimeOut
            While 1
                Sleep ( 1000 )
                If not ProcessExists("EmpAdminHelper.exe") Then ExitLoop ;                            Si l'EAH c'est fermé ==> ExitLoop
                If TimerDiff($hTimeOut) > 300000 then ;                                                TimeOut de 5 minute
                    _Log("Warning - Closing EAH TimeOut 5mins Killing process ...") ;                 Log
                    ProcessClose("EmpAdminHelper.exe") ;                                            Kill des process si TimeOut
                    FileDelete($sST_EmpLaunchDir & "\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper\Import Commands\TOOL_STOP.txt")
                    ExitLoop ;                                                                        ExitLoop suite au kill des process
                EndIf
            WEnd
        Else
            $sEAH_Present = False
        EndIf
    EndFunc

Start EAH fonction :
    Code:
    Func _EmpEAHStart()
        _Log("Starting EAH") ; Log
        Sleep (15000)
        if FileExists($sST_EmpLaunchDir & "\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper\Import Commands\TOOL_STOP.txt") Then FileDelete($sST_EmpLaunchDir & "\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper\Import Commands\TOOL_STOP.txt")
        Run($sST_EmpLaunchDir & "\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper\EmpAdminHelper.exe", $sST_EmpLaunchDir & "\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper")
    EndFunc

And the last ADD in V2.0.0.9 :
    Code:
    Func _EmpStartServer()
        Local $hTimeOut, $sEPMDLLsrc, $sEPMDLLdes, $sEPMDLLsrcVer, $sEPMDLLdesVer

_Log("Starting Server...") ; Log

$sEPMDLLsrc = $sST_EmpLaunchDir & "\DedicatedServer\EmpyrionAdminHelper\EPM.dll"
        $sEPMDLLdes = $sST_EmpLaunchDir & "\Content\Mods\EPM\EPM.dll"
        If FileExists($sEPMDLLsrc) and FileExists($sEPMDLLdes) Then
            $sEPMDLLsrcVer = FileGetVersion($sEPMDLLsrc)
            $sEPMDLLdesVer = FileGetVersion($sEPMDLLdes)
            _Log("EPM.dll source      version : " & $sEPMDLLsrcVer) ; Log
            _Log("EPM.dll destination version : " & $sEPMDLLdesVer) ; Log
            If $sEPMDLLsrcVer > $sEPMDLLdesVer Then
                If FileCopy($sEPMDLLsrc, $sEPMDLLdes, 1) = 1 Then
                    _Log("EPM.dll successfully updated to version : " & $sEPMDLLsrcVer)
                Else
                    _Log("EPM.dll Failed update")
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  16. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

Apologies for not getting you the log. I'm not the only one working on the project. anyone else reading thru this i hope you understand the things said are he to help the program get better in the future, not to flame or cause issues.

After running the registry cleaner, Windows still references the empyrion online satellite, we can't seem to remove it with anything.

Before we ran the reg cleaner, even after a fresh install of empyrion and EAH only, empyrion tried referencing a folder labeled "EPM" I do not see this folder anywhere in the files before or after the cleaner was run.

Lesson learned... Get the damn logs!
    stuff 2.PNG
    stuff 3.PNG

We have the server running stable now without the updater, just with EAH. After the fresh install, the server would be stuck in a 90 sec reboot loop (default timeout time) the server logs posted a few above were from this loop.

I fully understand this tool was made for a specific server and shared to the community, thus meaning it may not and probably will not work in every case. I just wanted to share my experience with the tool. if the server didn't have other games running with active players on it, I would do more testing, but that's not fair to the other players if something go's wrong.

Thank you for taking the time to help. If i can supply any additional info feel free to ask questions on what happened.

17. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Ha !
    You have activated the Satellite service "Specific option"
    The satellite is a specific option enabled only if you have the use ! ^^. (in your case NO ^^)

The uninstaller of the satellite and in the updater =)

For a clean uninstall, check this process:
    1) Delete registry key : "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater"

2) Run Updater :
    upload_2019-7-1_22-17-13.png

3) Uncheck This (It may not be enabled as the registry keys have been removed, but this is normal) :
    upload_2019-7-1_22-18-39.png

4) Save and Reload :
    upload_2019-7-1_22-19-37.png

5) Clic OK (Normal Error the Updater is not configured) :
    upload_2019-7-1_22-20-5.png

6) Then Exit Updater :
    upload_2019-7-1_22-20-51.png

7) If you want never use the Updater, u can clear registry : "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EmpUpdater" and delete "EOupdater.exe"
    upload_2019-7-1_22-21-47.png

PS : Next time, do not enable this options =) "it's specific (WEB API)"

Attached Files:

18. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Seeing that you have attempted a violent deletion, it does not matter what you should do to install the sattelite before deleting (it's the same as described above) just need to check the box.

But normally the program is smart enough to perform the deletion even after your attempt =)

19. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Update.

Patch note : 2.0.1.0
    -Add E.O.S. windows service enable confirmation window (avoid user accidental activation)
    -Add "Uninstall.exe" in package (in case an uninstall is wanted)

brad68brad and Taelyn like this.
  20. brad68brad

brad68brad Lieutenant

Thank you!!! The uninstall.exe successfully removed the remaining process and paths linked to the satellite. (without re-installing the updater)
    Very nice. This solved the remaining issues stated in above posts.