Fixed Track lines disappear after warp jump [00024]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by bbk.3164, Feb 10, 2022.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.7.3 3649
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: MP

SERVER NAME: HWS RE 1.6.X New Season |Reforged Eden| 99,99% PvE|Mods
    SEED-ID
    :

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: --

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary:

Description:
    After the warp jump, the track lines that are drawn between star systems disappear when the player makes interstellar warp jumps (!)
    Because of this, it is impossible to visually see which star I flew from, and which star is more convenient to jump into next (!)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) be in space
    2) make a warp jump to a neighboring star (nearest)
    3) if the track-line after the warp jump IS PRESERVED - it means to make a warp jump AT THE MAXIMUM DISTANCE (!)

upload_2022-2-10_3-59-40.png

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I think if you click on the star you are it will show the line from where you jumped from. And some of the previous stars you visited.

3. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

This is a screenshot of the surroundings of the HOME STAR SYSTEM, where we have both ships and a base ... As you can see - LINES BETWEEN THE STARS = THESE ARE THE SAME "LINES ROUTE" that show which stars we have already jumped (!)

upload_2022-2-10_21-26-54.png

But when we made a 60 LY warp drive - then these lines stopped showing up on the galaxy map (!) :(
    Therefore - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONDUCT FURTHER INTELLIGENCE (!)

-------------------------------------------

On this screen, I indicated with "dotted lines":
    - yellow = warp jump from the home system -> 60 light years to the "black hole" (not important) ....
    BUT the warp jump line DOES NOT SHOW (!)
    - purple = warp jump TO THE HOME STAR (!) ... BUT as you can see - the warp line was NOT DISPLAYED (!) :(

upload_2022-2-10_21-44-10.png

4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

One question : Do the lines do not appear when zooming in, where you are? Maybe?

Pach likes this.
  5. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Very common - Lines do not appear at all = at any zoom (!)

6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Sorry I did not know that. I noticed that when I do not see the lines I just zoom on the system I am located, click it and they appear again.

7. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

At this point, I noticed this:
    IF the lines DON'T APPEAR - then I also ZOOM ... sometimes (SOMETIMES) it really helps (the lines APPEAR)
    ... sometimes - lines appear WITH TIME DELAY (!)
    ... but sometimes - the lines do not appear at all (!) .... then I open / close the Galaxy map many times, but the lines still do not appear ... OR APPEAR PARTIALLY (!)
    For example: I was forced to start a "PREEP START" - appeared on the starting planet, created a ship, and began to make warp jumps to my permanent base (this is about 200 light years).
    At the same time - the previous warp lines FROM THE STARTING PLANET -> to my new base = WAS ... I just started repeating the previously traveled route (!) ... BUT THEN - I ARRIVED IN A DEAD END (!!!) The next Warp Lines stopped show up (!!!!) (sadness). And I had to ROUNDLY plot a new route based on the visual vision of my new base marker (search for a star on a galaxy map).

By the way, 2 people faced this (me + my clanmate) (!)
    My clanmate CONFIRMED
    that after the departure from the starting system - HE ALSO SAW the old warp lines ... BUT THEN THEY CAME TO A DEAD END (the warp lines were no longer displayed (on my screen, and on him) (!!!!!)

8. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Well since it is "filed/tracking" state, we can wait for a fix.:)