Fixed Transparent and Unusable Main Menu A.11

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by gotyouChip, Apr 8, 2020.

1. gotyouChip

gotyouChip Ensign

Mode: Survival, Singleplayer
    Seed-ID: Not able to get to the console
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major
    Type: Gamestart
    Summary: The main menu buttons are semi-transparent and only the exit button works.

Description: The game takes longer than usual to load and once i get to the main menu none of the buttons work when i click on them, however they make sound when i try to. The only button that works is the exit button, and when i go back to Alpha 10 it loads properly (but my save is in alpha 11 so it is not compatible).

Steps to Reproduce: This originally happened after the game froze on attempting to close it, i pressed the power button on my computer and when i booted up the next morning this was happening. It may not be very reproducible for others as it may just be my computer, but it also could be the save file in some way. Sorry i don't have a lot of info on why it happened.

Video Link:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks for the save game unfortunately the save appears completely broken does the startup of the game improve when you move that save file away from the saves directory & the Empyrion root folder ? move it to My Documents or somewhere else on your PC

Have you tried to verify the files with the steam client already ?
    1. Right click on Empyrion in your steam library & select properties.
    2. Click on the local files tab & choose the 'Verify integrity of local game files' option.
    3. Let the steam client run it's check & if there is any files to download it will do so automatically
    4. Once this is done try to start the game game from the steam library or by using the 'EmpyrionLauncher.exe' from the Empyrion root folder which can be found by right clicking on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files
    Also consider doing a fresh installation of the game. Delete the game entirely from the steam\common folder then insall it again either on the same drive or another drive.
    Before doing that though backup the 'Saves' folder to keep your own blueprints & other saves.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. gotyouChip

gotyouChip Ensign

Good news! It seems that it was just the save after all but I did a full clean install and that seemed to help with the slow startup as well. Thanks for the response and fortunately i only seem to have lost about 40 minutes of progress on my save as i had other backups. Loving this community!

Pantera likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    That's good to hear hopefully you don't bump into too many issues.
    If you find any bugs feel free to create a report & use the template at the bottom of the first post
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...uirements-known-issues-troubleshooting.47082/

Germanicus and gotyouChip like this.