Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

True was before the origin system. You must use an origin to set a planet a starter.

2. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Thanks. Can you you explain the origin a bit more if you don't mind? The yaml is very vague or rather incorrect as you said

3. MacAtOdds

MacAtOdds Ensign

Im running a dedicated Server (Macatodds Empyrion Server) and was looking forward to the additions of the asteroids with resources other than sathium. However even after deleted the saves for Auka Orbits and verifying that the playfield files had the different asteroids listed, they are not showing up when I venture into orbit.
    Any ideas on how to and what to modify to allow the new asteroids?

Many Thanks

Mac

Check out my Empyrion lets play Youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0YT7sxt0lAezNNwGSfodWw

4. Reytag

Reytag Lieutenant

That is strange Mac. I have had them showing up for us no problem.
    Maybe verify the code is correct, there are 3 voxel prefabs for each resource type, for names check the contents\prefab folder.

Eg. for an Iron asteroid of type 1:

Code:
            - Type: AsteroidVoxel01Iron
              Prefab: AsteroidVoxel01Iron  
              Name: Iron Asteroid          
              Pos: [ -431, -350, 2630 ]  
              Rot: [ 42, 19, 5 ]
    You can of course change the position and rotation as you wish.
    They are to be put in the fixed POI section of the playfield.yaml.

BTW, if you are just adding new content to a playfield.yaml then you can get that to show up on the server without deleting all the saves.
    Simply delete the specific playfield.yaml from the saves\games\savename\templates\playfield folder.
    That will force the server to load the new playfield.yaml from your contents\playfield folder thus adding the new content and not deleting existing content.

MacAtOdds likes this.
  5. MacAtOdds

MacAtOdds Ensign

Thanks to you I think I found the problem. Allthough I had deleted the playfields, the templates under save/Games/New Game/Templates are still from before the 5.1 patch and the playfield.yaml under SspaceAsteroidFieldRing still lists just Sathium.

So I am think if I delete that playfield.yaml under templates the game should rebuild a new template with the correct perimeters once the server is restarted.

Ill give it a try and let everyone know what I find.

Thanks

Mac

6. spanj

spanj Captain

Sorry if this has already been covered, i did search but couldn't find anything on it.

Is it possible to change the ship size limit on the server, currently set to 6 but i would like to put it up to 10 if possible?

7. Reytag

Reytag Lieutenant

@spanj, sure, delete the 6, put in 10, save, restart server, enjoy...

8. spanj

spanj Captain

sorry, i'm completely new at servers, where exactly do i make that change?

thanks again.

9. Reytag

Reytag Lieutenant

Ah, I thought you had found it already. Its in the dedicated.yaml file along with all the other server settings like name, ports, description etc...
    Look for "MaxAllowedSizeClass:" around line 27.

10. spanj

spanj Captain

Amazing!!, thank you so much :)

11. MacAtOdds

MacAtOdds Ensign

I was right, deleting the playfield.yaml in the SpaceAsteroidFieldRing folder under Templates fixed everything once the server was restarted.

Thanks for all the help!

Mac

12. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

So we finally started wiping playfield on our server for 5.1 to kick in. I delete the planets playfield under the saves folder and seems to have worked for the planets. How ever asteroid fields still only spawn sathuim and new droids but no other ores

13. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

So to get the new asteroids to spawn in, you'll also need to delete the template that is in your Saves folder. It should be Saves>GameName>Templates>SpaceAsteroidField for the field itself, then you'll also delete trading station, alien base, and any other space-type playfields you want to generate the new asteroids/freighter poi's.

SilvRav likes this.
  14. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

excellent thanks. deleted the asteroidring so lets see.

15. SpaceBird

SpaceBird Ensign

Sorry if this is late, I am unsure if this will help you, but here is a link to something that I believe is your KNUP router, it is in a different language than english.

http://docplayer.com.br/677058-Http-www-foscam-com-br-http-loja-foscam-com-br.html

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  16. Michlo

Michlo Lieutenant

Greetings,

I've setup my own server and a Clanmate is able to access it via multiplayer but I am receiving "Connect to server failed: ConnectionFailed".

I'm trying to access on the same machine I'm running the server (it is a very powerful machine), I've forwarded the ports to my machine's IP (29999-30006), added the ports to my Avast Firewall (and even tried disabling Avast temporarily), all to no avail.

Please advise. And yes, I am slogging through the 27 pages here. Heh.

Cheers.

Edit: I just discovered that if I ignore the listed server and enter my IP and port directly I can connect! :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    oah likes this.
  17. smokified

smokified Lieutenant

My server is not listed in the Multi Player game list. I don't see any settings in the dedicated.yml file for this.

Is there something special I need to do?

People can connect when typing in the IP address no problem, there is just listing in the server list. I have waited for several minutes to make sure it is done refreshing.

Also, why can't we use a URL instead of IP address?

18. dtmullican

dtmullican Commander

Because a URL is part of the HTTP protocol, not IP?

If, on the other hand, you mean that you want to use a DNS name rather than an IP address, you are welcome to register your own domain and then either host your own DNS or use a DNS service such as http://www.dyn.com

As far as your listing in the server browser, I'd recommend checking that all the appropriate ports are open and the protocols are correct(TCP/UDP).

19. smokified

smokified Lieutenant

URL was the wrong acronym, but the underlying issue is that I can't type empyrion.smokenetgaming.com in the direct connect box. It seems to not allow enough characters. Entering the IP works just fine, but using the dns name would be ideal.

Is there a list somewhere of each of the necessary ports and what they are for? As I mentioned previously, nobody is having connection issues. While searching, it appears people are opening a range of ports, but I would like to know what each port in the range is being used for. If I can limit to specific ports, I would rather do that.

20. dtmullican

dtmullican Commander

I understand that you want to keep as many ports closed as possible(I'm a CISSP), but if you want your server to function correctly you're going to need to open all the required ports.

According to my knowledge, the required ports are TCP/30000-30004 and UDP/30000-30004. It's possible that 30004 is only used for the built in telnet server, but I haven't tested this.

I would also highly recommend changing the telnet port to something different and not allowing it through the firewall. Telnet is extremely insecure, and transmits usernames/passwords in plaintext.

http://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

http://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.