v1.8.8 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Pantera, Aug 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

In addition to the previous patch here is the changelog for v1.8.8 with some more fixes we have been working on & more to come soon.
    Report bugs and issues for the public release right over here - thanks a lot!:
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/

2022-08-10 v1.8.8 B3864

Changes:
    - DialogueSystem: added second optional parameter to dbplayer vars "param2: steamid" to force using the steamid instead of the player entity id. The steam id will not get reset if the player wants a fresh start.
    - Reduced Volumetric Lighting. & also to add on this topic:
    We are working on a change for this for a future release that will automatically adjust the intensity depending on atmosphere settings & weather conditions that are active on the playfield.

Fixes:
    - Signals in MP not staying assigned
    - Weather such as Hail, Fire rain etc could damage the player when they were in shelter (Abandoned, wreckage POI's etc)
    - DecalSystem: fixed regression that decals didn't get switched off on first entry into the game (and some other strange effects)

Update of scenario : Stranded at Nemesis (Survival Challenge):
    - No human freighters anymore (Now always TVI2 prefab)
    - Hint console: Lore explanation for public faction setting
    Planet:
    - Hiding technical POI ‚PlayerSpawnerWater‘ from detector
    Station:
    - Fixed Interweap trader not responding after second talk
    - Rotated flight direction of escape pod
    - Moved station core, added CPU extenders, tweaked looks
    - Short reaction Helpdesk alien if you behaved very badly
    - Intro dialog for SushiBar, MACorp; Cobalt hint
    - Hint token in cargo bay. Added shotgun, Added explosive device
    - Exchanged truss block at BargainerSV with walkway

2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Nice one :thumpUp:

Specially the fix about hazel. I was piloting SV few minutes before the patch with hail raining on the planet. Pilot seat was internal and well under cover of steel hul but the sides were exposed and for some reason I was getting damage.

As for the volumetric lighting I want to add a request: Possibility to dim in while player is behind windows.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    _mechanic_, stanley bourdon and Tales like this.
  3. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

Stranded at Nemesis (Survival Challenge):

One of the best things to come out for the game in recent years, in my opinion. Feels a bit hidden in the UI though. I could imagine a rich future with a range of challenges and scenarios shipped with the default game to provide interest and content for players old and new.

More of this sort of thing please!

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've not played for a while, but noticing something odd - and new - in v1.8.8...

Basically, if I build an off-balance HV it will dip say at the front or back due to the uneven weight distribution. That's fine and normal for Empyrion. However, if I take such an unbalanced vessel and turn it OFF, it will continue to dip where it's heaviest, clipping through the ground (be it terrain or Base blocks) and end up with the heavy end pointing DOWN with most of the vessel (about half) clipping into the ground.

This has obviously made leaving vessels powered off broken, with them clipping constantly. Also, I've had to resort to God Mode several times just to get out. This is a new issue, never seen it before, anyone else?

5. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Do you have any screenshots or a bp / workshop link you can share? It looks like there are some changes to which blocks will collide with the terrain (like drill heads) so that may be what's affecting it.

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I could take some. The T1 HV Drills on the front of the HV do clip through the terrain / other blocks, but then so do the basic hover engines and blocks beneath those Drills. The HV is a drills at the front, cargo at the back design. As the cargo fills, the HV is better balanced. Before I added the drills it'd just tip backwards and the entire rear would clip through the terrain / base blocks.

I added some docking pads so the HV now locks to the base, but this doesn't help it parking on terrain. It needs to remain powered on else it'll flip on to its front, facing down, with the entire front 40% or so clipped into the terrain.

Note: I'm digging tunnels with this thing and the third-person camera has changed, with the viewpoint regularly inside the terrain, so I can see right through it to what's happening above.

7. Flyspy0

Flyspy0 Ensign

I have some problems with the game.
    - If I dismount my bycicle, I cannot mount or put into my backpack again. Even if it turns into a crate, I cannot take it.
    - I cannot talk to the Talon farmers or foremen anymore
    - I cannot shoot the drones anymore, but I can shoot preditors if they are close enough.
    All this started a few days ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.