Version 1.0

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hummel-o-War, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

A good question as the far right date says 08/08/2020...so does this mean this graphic is a FAKE?

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Hahahaha !

I put devices and furniture on the wall...

3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I figured that was what you did. :)

Track Driver, Bollen and Kassonnade like this.
  4. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Yeah, I always thought that hacking was a temporary power until the developers came up with a way for them to have real actual attack. Apparently that is not the case.

Addy likes this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

They use "real" bugs, just like what happened to the big mainframes in the 60-70s...

yataro79 likes this.
  6. chimosh

chimosh Lieutenant

Its just a timeline of reviews, Red negative, green positive. Pretty straight forward.

yataro79 likes this.
  7. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Sure, I get that. No EA tag suggests a finished product without issues.... like NMS, or Skyrim, 7D2D. All were perfect on release. Heck even every version of Windows was perfect on release.

I believe that if I were purchasing this game today for the first time I would look at the 1.0 and think "Mmm, still very new. Bet there is still stuff to work out in that" because that is fairly normal from my experience.

Also, are all those negative reviews from new players with a bad game experience and not players who have been playing for longer? Probably not. I suspect, based on the sample I have read, that the majority of those reviews were left by disgruntled veteran players who are unhappy because the product is not presented in the way their expectations perceive it should be presented. My opinion.

Sorry, Saw your comments after my reply :D... but yeah, ambiguity of who the reviews are from. My opinion is based on what I perceived as actually having changed.

yataro79, Kassonnade and ChumSickle like this.
  8. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

That's just how steam does its charts. It may be a timezone thing.

Never played 7D2D so can't comment on it but NMS was RIPPED APART for being an incomplete game and a massive disappointment. Skyrim despite its bugs actually seemed to have all its parts when it shipped.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    xerxes86, nexus_absolute and Israel like this.
  9. Cherry Burrito

Cherry Burrito Ensign

I agree about the negative written reviews, most if not all of them look to be from veteran players. But I suspect that new players who didn't like it after playing for a few hours or less often won't feel invested enough to take the time to write something. Easier to just hit the thumb down and move on, or just move on without rating it.

xerxes86 and nexus_absolute like this.
  10. Cherry Burrito

Cherry Burrito Ensign

This is a great point. Honesty is important for setting realistic expectations. Similarly, under promising and over delivering leads to greater customer satisfaction, and all the benefits that come with it.

xerxes86 likes this.
  11. Israel

Israel Commander

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=contract

In fact no, a contract can be either verbal or written and doesn't have to be a continues payed contract.

If i sold you a game in early access in order to get support/money and tell the consumer that i will not get out of early access until the game is complete but then i change my mind midway and release an incomplete game just because i want to, then i'v gone back on my word and not only lowered my reputation but my standards as a trusted game developer at the same time.

So if i had done this, i shouldn't be surprised if people are pissed at me or think that i tricked them and lowered my standards midway to get their money/$$$. Standards are there for a reason and its to protect the consumer.

Yes we are, we bought the game. We are paying consumers who payed for a product being sold to us with a promise of full release only after the game is complete and if we are unsatisfied we can get our money back.

No actually its not, they sold an incomplete product with the promise of completion to gain support/money. If they had said okay were selling this unfinished game and thats it, and if then the consumer bought it anyways, then you would be correct.

Thats not the same thing because you bought a complete product sold as a complete product. Empryion is not a complete product and was not sold as a complete product, but as a promise that it would be released as a complete product in the future to those that supported it early on and to those who are thinking about buying it.

Eleon sold an early access game to the consumer and those who supported the game early on with the promise and good standards that in the future it would be released as a complete game. Instead when they got the support-money they wanted they released a half finished product riddled with bugs to the consumer that should still be in early access.

Steam said: Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

Eleon responded: We are planning to be in Early Access until the game is complete.”

Question to Eleon: Why release an incomplete game that will bring on the wrath of the consumers and at the same time lower your reputation as a trusted game developer? When you could have easily made more money in early access by making the game more attracting to the consumer there and then released it when it was really complete?

Look i wish you guys the best and Eleon studios, and i will keep supporting you guys with good suggestions that will make your game flourish if applied. But you got to understand for the sake of yourselves that bad actions bring bad consequences.

12. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Um. 7D2D is still in Alpha. Experimental A19 at the moment, actually...

Addy, xerxes86, TK85 and 2 others like this.
  13. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

You're absolutely right. Unfortunately, I (and many others) bought the game prior to this change. Originally it was " We plan to stay in Early Access for one year" and it stayed like that for 4 years. I mentioned this on the forum at some point, and they changed it to the new formulation you showed here.

I expected them to at least re-work the whole Steam store page, to make it obvious that they were still going to work on polishing things.

Edit : they DO make some strange moves, but I think everyone can agree that Eleon will not be remembered in game development books for their "Unprecedented Communication Skills"...

Addy, xerxes86, runlykhel and 6 others like this.
  14. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

And the 7D2D developers did 4-8 streams to introduce the changes in A19. Explained the reasons for changes, the reason for not changing things and the plan going forward for what they still think is important to add.

Lizard_of_Fire, xerxes86 and TK85 like this.
  15. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

I hope they do this soon so we can all move on to something else. I really don't want to get out a larger bowl of popcorn:D

16. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

well, that’s just like, your opinion man.

EternalHeathen and Kassonnade like this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

At least it's comforting to see how many "old" players held deer to the game to the point of having some kind of "divorce" level of feelings and try to release their frustration in negative reviews. In fact they're really saying (and they DO write this) that they love the game, and they don't want others to play it if it's not "their game" anymore (and never was anyway)...

Sofianinho and yataro79 like this.
  18. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

I guess that’s where I’m struggling to really get on board. I’m not an old player who has been around for multiple versions. I came in somewhere right around when 12 started. For my the game is still highly entertaining and well worth the money I paid. I still recommend it to friends to give it a shot. I, of course, preface it with the fact that it’s somewhat of an unpolished indie game, but still worth the cash to just play and enjoy. I guess I just haven’t been around long enough to get some sense of betrayal or wrong doing. At least to the extent I would tell others to avoid it.

Then again, me and my friends are well known for wasting money on stupid things anyway.

19. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Do yourself a favor, and start a fresh 6.0 game. ;)

20. Israel

Israel Commander

In fact no, as stated in my post above with prove of what a contract is and its definition. A contract can be either verbal or written and doesn't have to be a continues payed contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.