Not a bug Waypoints disappear on planet maps

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by japp_02, Jul 11, 2022.

1. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.83
    Mode:
    Survival, Single Player

Reproducibility:
    Always
    Severity:
    Medium

Type:
    Waypoint system, planet maps

Summary:
    Waypoints on planet maps are not shown if you leave the playfield and return

Description:
    Creating a waypoint on the planet map towards a discovered POI works and the waypoint appears in yellow in the 3D world. However if you leave the playfield (e.g. you move to orbit, to another planet or moon etc.) and then return on that planet, the defined waypoints are not shown anymore in the 3D world, but are still marked as created on the map (and in the registry). In order to show the waypoint of a POI you need to use the registry which however is a different waypoint system.
    The problem doesn't happen if the waypoint is a 'New Marker' or renamed marker that is not an existing discovered POI.
    This problem is new in 1.8 version, it didn't occur pre-1.8.

As a side-effect which may be related: If you stay on the planet surface for a long time being busy transfering container contents and supervising your portable constructors, at some point scanning results from the SV detector or from the scanner on foot may not show-up anymore; happened in a isolated single occurence only, I had to restart the game to fix it.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Create a waypoint on the map for an existing POI with RMB (for example a waypoint for the Obelisk on Akua). Check the 3D world: the waypoint is shown in yellow;
    2) Leave the planet to orbit (change playfield);
    3) Return to the planet, the waypoint is not shown anymore, but the yellow flag is still on the map.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  2. DarkWanderer

DarkWanderer Ensign

I would like to add that this changes the color in the list of marked waypoints from yellow to white.

3. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

NOT A BUG...

I was too fast to publish all this, sorry. By repeating the reproducing sequence, the waypoint was correctly shown and saved in the registry as private waypoint, and it remains visible (even from orbit) wether you quit the playfield or not. It's true that 'Resetting the waypoints' in the registry will keep all private waypoints but will not show them anymore - but that's what you want if you chose this option, so no mystery on that one.

My problem must have been a Cache problem where waypoints didn't show-up temporarily but would again show-up if you reload the game, a behavior very difficult to track the reason, not enough for a bug report, and this one should be disregarded atm.

Germanicus likes this.