What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Overhauled some POI ships and some stuff and spent the rest of the day doing boring number-crunching for Reforged Galaxy.

Reworked the CPU balance again so players can have more turrets and thrusters on their CVs. More work involved in making sure that they don't ruin the game with all the extra dakka. Turned out quite a bit better than I expected.
    Added boosters to CV thrusters (M+) so super-heavy armored ships can reach warp speed if they're not fast enough, or get off the ground if they're too overloaded. The engines'll burn out if they run at full output for too long though.

2. TBAGGER

TBAGGER Commander

3. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

I discovered a moon.
    [​IMG]

4. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Couldn't get in the Pirate Base, and lost my ship because it was too dark at the tops facility (I eventually entered creative mode for the base, and why is the entire tops base so blasted DARK!? Even indoors!?)

Getting very frustrating. And could turn aside some newer players.

Tyrax Lightning and Robot Shark like this.
  5. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

You have to blast your way into the base.
    An explosive charge on the top door near the landing pad works for me, you can also hit the asteroid with mining lasers.
    My preferred method is using the mining lasers, it has an amusing side effect. :)

Today I was just chilling with some new friends.

20200609123548_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  6. Demonic

Demonic Captain

Worked on the CV I wanted to make into a patrol vessel... and made no progress at all for two days in a row. I just can't come up with a design for the the main thruster section I would like and would fit the ship. I keep building it and re-building it and re-building it and... well you get the idea... Any suggestions where to look for interesthing thruster designs? T.T

ravien_ff and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

The ole devvies instruct us to set all the, well, everything to "0000" for public entry and I confess I hate it. On almost everything I follow their rules but it does not make any sense to me that you can just stroll into a pirate base or a Zirax base. So on a few I stubbornly refuse. Especially a remote pirate asteroid base. :)

Apologies if that is frustrating, but in fairness you do have explosive charges and rocket launchers. I say use em! :cool:

8. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

What is that middle base?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

That's one single Base - A Space Dock with two Births;)

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  10. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

Reworked the stock 'CORE Horizon' CV into an upgradable early game ship.
    • Replace combat steel blocks with plain steel.
    • Used carbon fiber blocks for some of the piping to reduce cost and weight.
    • Removed two of the generators. They were excessive.
    • Some very minor hull shape alterations.
    • Lengthened the HV/SV docking pad by one block.
    • Better use of space in the medical area.
    • Removed a bunch of internal armor blocks. This isn't a combat vessel so no need for thick armor,
    • Added toilet and shower to cabin area.
    • Reworked the thrusters so they don't cook you on the bridge or the new toilet.
    • Replaced a bunch of Thruster S with a few Thruster M.
    • Made room for a gravity generator.
    • Replaced the Advanced Constructor with a Large Constructor.
    • Moved the core to the center of the ship
    • Removed the RCSs. They weren't needed due to thruster placement.
    • Replace SV cargo boxes with CV Cargo controllers in fabrication area. 44750 SU each with room to upgrade.
    • Gave it wifi and a detector. These are placed in accessible places for ease of removal.
    • Added an extension to the ammo controller. It now holds 16000 SU up from 8000.
    • Signal logic to do all the things.
    Not much to actually show but here's the blueprint if any one wants to take a look.

Attached Files:

11. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Very Funny. Since when did a lv 8 have access to a Rocket Launcher? And someone could have blown their level-up points on something else, not knowing the charges would be needed. And for that matter, There might not be any Promethium to make such charges, Or all the Promethium deposits got "randomly" placed under Zirax laser turrets.

And the TOPS base was so dark, even turning up the gamma to max didn't help. And with rocket launcher zirax..... I consider the entire mission broken.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Shotguns and assault rifles can break down any normal or armored door. :D

13. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Strange. I first used a shotgun, and after 2 full clips, the door showed no damage. Granted, a T1 shotgun, but still...

Also didn't have any ammo for the AR. This was my own fault, tho.

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Shotguns cannot damage armored doors, only standard doors.

Assault rifles can damage armored doors though.

It also depends on the POI. It's possible the door is set to be indestructible.

15. Demonic

Demonic Captain

Finally made progress with the CV I was lovingly calling the "Mean Machine", only to realize I hardly built a ship worthy of that name. As is becoming kind of signature trait of mine, I set out to build something and ended up with something else. This time, I planned a nasty patrol ship, only to realise I made an early game CV / NPC freighter. I still have a lot of work to do, I need to finish the bottom part of the hull, place all but the main thrusters, add some detail (even though, this time, I was working on the details while building the hull, so there's actually much less work with detailing to do) and texture / color the outside. Then the first stage is done, and from then I'll be working on two versions, one for me, and one for the Faction (even though I still don't know if I ever submit it officially). I'll try to to make the interior of those two as simmillar as possible so I don't have to build two entirely different versions of the interior, just the NPC one, and then repurpouse the rooms for survival.

Here's the screenshot of it, with an abandoned prototype in the back.

[​IMG]

16. Fenris

Fenris Commander

Spent way too much time just working on the back end of a CV and still cant get it right. I'm trying to make it taper in and be at a downward angle while keeping it one block thick. I suspect to do that I may need to make it 2 or even 3 blocks thick.

It's going to end up being big when done. At least big for anything I've built, I'm looking for a mobile base with plenty of parking.

EDIT: Evidently I forgot how to add images correctly as well :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  17. Demonic

Demonic Captain

Oh, I know that feeling :D Had the same issue for the past two days. Also, is it just me, or are the links broken? I just get error 403, even though Imgur itself works just fine for me with other stuff.

18. Fenris

Fenris Commander

You probably caught me in the middle editing my post. I put the imgur links in directly to the pics but it just showed the links so I was changing the post.

19. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

The asteroid on the pirate base is also completely minable. I dug around the door myself.

20. Demonic

Demonic Captain

Yup, must be it. I use Imgur all the time, I usually go to imgur -> images (i have an account there) and upload an image (not a post).

Then I click on the image, copy the "Direct link" and paste it image function here in the editor.

Tyrax Lightning and Fenris like this.