Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.
Today i... Just decided to keep a nice figure
You know what you don't expect to find in the center of a galaxy near a supermassive black hole? This is an oceanic planet with palm trees, beaches and warm seas.
Having fun in creative mod as always
A bit of a spoiler about the ship's name =)
It was originally supposed to be LIF Odin
But in the process I changed my mind and LIF Odin will be the next ship
Actually on the screen there is a small spoiler for the name =)))
Who will guess?
The LIF Nail !
LIF Injection Needle
The options are great but not
This is the letter T
tinted for ease of perception
And it's still interesting - who will guess, well, or will be close
Let me guess: he who’s name it shall be wears a big hammer...
Thorden or Thor are good names for big ships, but again not
Things I have learned in coming back to my old beloved Empyrion Game and playing ~150 hours with Alpha 12 (all Project Eden, Difficulty Custom [Hard, High, Hard on enemies; CPU, mass and volume enabled, item limits not, spawning limits enabled everything else pretty much "normal" except rich deposits]).
I like to play "Dead is Dead" and even once I get a legit Clone Chamber/Medic Bay setup I still feel that this mechanic as it currently stands is a bit too gratuitous (a mod in which the Clone Chamber has to be kept "charged up" with nutrients+refrigeration+power and in which there is an initial period during which the new body has to be built during which respawning is not possible might be neat. Nothing too prohibitive just a bit more "overhead" else "Game Over Man." I have died several times and restarted with my farthest extent so far being about Level 15, and that one dying when trying to do a flyby on a Zirax "Defense" facility in space above Ningues . . . just literally one-shotted my cockpit!
With that and the previous lessons learned I resolved to start over ONE MORE time and not cheat, and take the consequences (i.e., lost gear, or whatever) if I do die (and game over if I die before having a Clone Chamber at least).
1. Zirax infantry are still fairly manageable, though they ARE more serious than in the past. Watch out for those laser dudes. Unlike in the past, they (or their robot or canine doggies) will go venturing down your tunnels and blasting you in your hidey holes: no longer is a hole in the ground the ultimate getaway spot in Andromeda Galaxy.
2. Even 144 farm plots is still not enough.
3. The Deconstructor (much like many things in this game) partially sucks. I mean COM'N! I cannot break down Titanium Plates into Tit Rods!? STILL have not found any Tit deposits (don't tell me, I'll find 'em eventually!).
4. Single drones (even plasmas) can still be taken out pretty much at level 3 ish if you have a jetpack and a shotgun (and as long as the gravity is in the <=1 g ballpark. On Ningues, the arctic vacation getaway with which I've developed some sort of Stockholm Syndrome dependency, the gravity is quite minimal so bouncy boy shotgun maniac tactics work very well). Multiple drones can be far more challenging as one will shoot you in the back while you hop under the other one. Take out the rocket boy drones FIRST.
5. Speaking of drones: those two that attack you at that one point in the story arc sure are tough . . .
6. Apart from Nightmares, I have yet to find anything else which is really frightening in the game except for . . .
7. Zirax space stations are NOT to be taken lightly at all. I suggest you wait till you are in the Level 25+ ballpark and have a fully combat armored CV with the longest possible range weapons and snipe his weapons from range.
8. Still not sure if Russian sapping is a viable means to assault POIs.
9. It says you have to have "Friendly" status to trade with Polaris and Talon, but that is false. Apparently Neutral is enough. It IS true for Zirax though why one would want to trade with them I cannot say. They do not seem to be very well stocked.
10. Some of the new Zirax POIs are VERY! impressive. Well done to whomever made those! (and I think some might be from PE).
11. In the past, the "Nightmares" and scorpions and such (I'm recalling back before they were defined as "Legacy" faction perhaps) used to cause a lot of disease and stuff. Parasites and stuff . . . Have yet to have any need to use any anti-parasite stuff and only poisonous bite I've suffered was a worm on Omicron . . . A moose once bit my sister, but it wasn't poisonous. . .
12. That molten "floor" on the planets was a nice touch. But on Ningues at least, it sure seems like the mineable distance is less. This is a let down for a mole man such as myself. Ah well . . .
I'm sure I'll think of more to add to this list now that I've started jotting stuff down (and I may actually come up with some serious observations / suggestions too), but this is a good start for now.
Despite any critiques herein, I'd like to say: I'm VERY happy with where the game is right now. I don't know if it is "ready" to leave Early Access or not, I'm not even sure what significance that might have. But I think the point to which you've brought the game by this point is quite satisfying.
There is a lot more promise to it, and quite a few still rough edges, but honestly it is better than at least 75% of what gets released.
I see all kinds of crazy talk among your users on this board, and just want to remind you: some of what people complain about is GD crazy. Seriously people!?
Complaining about "CPU being too limiting" when it can be COMPLETELY TURNED OFF and in fact IS turned off by default!? *shakes head*
You just cannot please end-users.
I'm particularly pleased with how the "survival first, thrive second, conquer third" dynamic has turned out. In past, the game did not much FEEL like an actual survival game. However, as of 12.3 starting on Ningues (or even worse, some of the harder planets in PE) with my settings felt pretty damn challenging first go round. Now that I've figured it out, there is only a brief immediate frantic period to find enough plant protein and "buds" to stay alive long enough to keep going. The feeling of NEEDING (and wanting) to build bigger and better Bases and ship in order to progress is now well formed in the game, and that is a major accomplishment. I gave a try at Roggery and Uai, but those seem more difficult still.
One thing I would note is: on one play through (which I did not die at all on but archived, because it was becoming hum drum) I grinded to get Zirax Polaris and Talon to Friendly on Omicron from early on. That was interesting and I'm glad that it is possible, but it almost seemed too easy to get to Friendly with Zirax. I think Polaris is about the hardest, and I had to luck into finding a Polaris community that just happened to get lots of predator spawns over a short period.
Sword, but with a typo !
Thunder ? Tempest ? Tachyon (!) ? Turtle ? Trouble ? T-Rex ? Tyran ? Thorn ? Twinkletwinklelittlestar ?
Nah, didn't hear
only - need more blocks and one more block
Such a ship ... most likely it will have a 2G gravity ceiling no more ... only for emergency landings
Ahahahah, I will consider this option, before publishing it will be necessary to find this post and enter the name in the description.
But again no
The game is over for me once again ... for the next six months/year. The Legacy system proved to be too difficult to pass already at the stage of attempting to destroy the infectors/decimators. Every time I try to destroy one of them, three or four others come out of the entire system, and I have nothing to counter their combined power. In SP, such systems are impassable.
I think it was the beginning of Alpha 11 with the advent of CPU that I began plotting out my first defensive tower. Something tier 1. Something that could take a hit or two but not too tough--I might have to destroy or reclaim it myself. Not sure this hits the mark for what I was looking for, but finally completed my first such.
Looks nice, but just one remark : having turrets isolated on sides of buildings makes it impossible for them to combine firepower. Even for a tier-1 base I would put all turrets high enough so they can see each other and contribute, over all obstacles (structures). Usually it's ugly, but efficient.
I didn't realize there was that sort of end-game dynamic in already. Sounds like they've dialed it for coop level, which I guess is a good thing. How much does a server for this game run these days? Might have to look into setting up a "Structured PVP Only" server using Project Eden. Not sure how, but requiring that any PVP involve Faction hostility would probably suffice to weed out the ganking.
lol !!... for what ?
That's what I always say : don't give your secret tricks or the game will be made to render them useless or forbidden...
Built my Far Trader and we headed out of the Io system, winding up at the amusingly closely named metal barren planet "Lathenide" where we picked up some gold and marked some E&Z deposits for later.
The Wayward Son
Even more amusing, but unfortunately no screenshot.... Had a merchant able to buy 706 Xeno substrate @6329 credits each. Didn't really follow the math through and selected "cash" so I could split the gains with the kid. That's 89 stacks of cards, and my inventory was half full.
Kid screams as some 50-odd drop boxes explode from my body, scattering about the trading hall. We barely managed to scoop them up and deposit them all... but worth the 4.5 megacredit haul.
So, I split the remaining stack of 1400 for the other trader- all in all, @13 megacredits in one stop. Just tweaked some trader's max inventory levels
Completed and uploaded the Zaglore Raven #64 - Long-Range Tactical Craft (Warp, Shields, Survival Equipment).
This whole series of ships and pools... gives me the blues from being stuck in my grey city...