What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Try doing "replaceblocks [objectID] -alpha4"

So if the id is 875, you would type in this:

replaceblocks 875 -alpha4

That should fix all of them. If not, I have a link on my home PC that has all the individual block commands and such.

2. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

But does that make the new blocks take on the slants / orientations of the one it's replacing?

I won't be able to test it until tomorrow.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I've used it on several of my older builds (which often feature corner, slants, etc) and have not noticed anything getting changed incorrectly. It appears, from when I've used it, to match everything correctly... but regardless I'd still recommend taking a quick look over it before you save it as a BP. :)

4. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Ahhhh... I thought replaceblocks only put a standard cube in every spot! Happy to hear this. I'm probably the 1000th person to be confused how this works. My fault really - it's hard to keep up with everything on the forums when my only regular access to it is through my phone data (which is limited). I guess I've just been expecting to have to rebuild things drastically since I heard the CV blocks were so much heavier now.

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  5. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

For the first patch or two after they split the SV and CV blocks, one would have to find every command and replace them almost manually. Slant for slant, corner for corner, etc etc... I was too lazy to go about that, so I was very happy when they added the -alpha4 command for repalceblocks. For once, procrastinating paid off for me! :D

Regardless, yeah, Eleon realized how much work it would be to update old designs, so they added that command to make it easier on us all :)

Kyrt Malthorn and Siege Inc. like this.
  6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

It does if ya wanna Entry with Quality instead of a ugly screwed up mess born of over-fried brains. :p

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Did a little more in my civil settlement building...

20161111195858_1.jpg

8. Iskar

Iskar Commander

That's awesome. I'd love to see more neutral/non-military settlements and structures on planets to purvey the notion that this galaxy does not consist solely of four alien races establishing purposeless military bases everywhere.

Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Its for the civilian building challenge requested by Eleon. You can join in too!
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/challenge-civilian-buildings.8053/

Fractalite and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Put my space station into orbit. :)

[​IMG]
    That's the Skipjack in the small/medium CV dock, for scale. Each spacedock has a set of lights, to assist in building in orbit.

11. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

The Seraphim is getting a big brother...
    [​IMG]
    The Nephilim is a full-blown combat CV geared for maneuverability and firepower.
    I'm at the point in my survival game where I'm ready to try my luck on Masperon, however with the recent changes to POI turrets, I don't know how well my KSV-40 is going to hold up. I wanted something bigger, stronger, and a lot deadlier to neuter whatever bases I run into. Thus, while the Nephilim can fill most of the same capabilities as the Selene (minus growing plots), its primary purpose is to rain down a withering amount of pulse-laser fire.

12. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I'm just about done with that SV I was working on. I just need to texture and paint the interior now. I've decided to make the the 2nd design I had into a combat CV. I had a third design that I'm also going to turn into a CV(freighter).

And I've started working on a Millennium Falcon CV. Fortunately I won't have to start from scratch. I can use the XS model Corellian freighter I made since it's just a scaled up, modified version of the Falcon SV but it's still a big job. Massive refit currently underway in order to turn it into the Falcon.
    [​IMG]

Oh hey that's looking a little bit better. Exterior structure is largely done aside from the cockpit module and some minor detailing. Currently gutting the interior to make an empty shell that I'm going to save as a template for future builds that use this design. Then I'll finish the exterior structure before moving inside.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Robot Shark and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Looks awesome! I have seen a number of people mentioning using the CV manual-fire weapons on planets... am I reading that correctly? I could swear the tooltips for the manual fire weapons say they only work in space (along with most all turrets except Minigun and Cannon)... or did I miss something?

14. vicomt

vicomt Captain

Tonight we thought we'd change pace a little, and throw some ideas together for the civilian base thread, we thought we'd just start with some simple little things, a small collection of useful, single-purpose frontier-type installations. we envisage these being clustered in a small community, a way back from the front-lines, supporting some habitation buildings of some kind. Each one is individually fuelled, and then has storage / devices appropriate to their intended use.

[​IMG]
    From top left clockwise we have:
    1) O2 Facility
    2) Construction Facility
    3) Small Storage
    4) Comms Tower
    5) HV Repair Bay
    6) SV Landing Pad

Hopefully, there's more to come ;)

Kaeser, Fractalite, Frigidman and 6 others like this.
  15. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Keep kicking it, Spacemoles!

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

A recent Update changed them to make them allowed to work in Planets. :)

For the Topic: Holy hell the outside of my Alien POI Contest Entry is being harder & taking longer to get done then I thought it will... all... those... sheer... raw... amount... of... Blocks!!! :confused:

17. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Just goofing around today, gave my in-game Grouper a paintjob.

20161112171414_1.jpg

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  18. Parakiet

Parakiet Commander

Restarted on my new pc. Restarting enabled some nice features and changes.
    Made me a very small rabbit hole underground base. It was trickier than before: troop carriers ! :/
    Went out with the motorcycle and made a second base inside front part of the crashed titan.
    Loved this game before and now it is even better :)

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

So, today in Empyrion I had my player Drone shot down! I wasn't aware that could even happen!

I'd set up a new base on Masperon and hadn't set it to my Faction yet - which I hadn't realised at the time. I placed two Sentry Turrets and a Minigun Turret - no ammo yet though - and carried on building. Without warning I noticed SIX Plasma Drones approaching my Base, all I had on me were some 5.8mm Rounds so I loaded them into the Ammo Box. My Sentry turrets engaged the Drones, as did I with my Epic Minigun, and we took them down. Nice.

With the immediate danger over, I climbed to the roof of my Base and launched my Drone. My intent was to do a quick buzz of the Base, checking for damage. While I was doing this, I noticed one of my Sentries "go live" and start tracking something... It took my about three seconds before I realised it was ME, well, my Drone, it was tracking. I was just thinking "huh, not seen this before" when the Sentry FIRED and my Drone was destroyed!

Anyway, thought it quite amusing and it's never happened before to me.

Scoob.

20. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Gave Fort Courage an upgrade. Rearranged the interior for more space, expanded the greenhaus, and built new O2 and Fuel storage. Oh, and I needed a new Marquee. Open for business!

[​IMG]