What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

dpburke2, That explains why flipping the hangar door upside down seems to help. I'm actually still working on my refit of your Nightjar. I've remodeled the outside a bit and restored the top front turret mount locations but couldn't do the same for the rear since I need the extra space for the engineering section. The interior has had a more extensive overhaul. I've ditched the crew quarters so I could fit a warp drive in. So now it has warp and shields. I've managed to retain the bathroom, shower and bed by moving stuff around. To top it all off I redesigned my miner and put together a new SV so I can fit them both in the hangar if I dock the SV on the ceiling upside down :) I think I've just about maximized the utility of the general hull shape.

Robot Shark, you might want to look at putting together something like Momo's Ogre 2Z10. The Osanshouo is too long to dock in the open front section but dpburke2's Pekin fits pretty much perfectly.

I got frustrated with my CV efforts but was somewhat "inspired" by the process. I threw together a new small SV. I guess it would be considered a performance starter SV? It's mostly carbon and has really good speed and agility for a vessel utilizing a limited amount of small thrusters. Primarily designed to be a transport that you can use to go about your compound or from CV to space station but obviously could be used for scouting too. I'll probably set up a steel version that uses the weapon hardpoints I've left open at the front of this version.

20200916082629_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

More of a feature wish list. The option to choose between new versus old hangar doors.

Robot Shark and Germanicus like this.
  3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

The ability to choose between the new and old models have been a wishlist item of mine for a long time.

dpburke2 likes this.
  4. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

Here's what I did today:

I've been running Reforged Galaxy for the first time, and am on my first playthrough. Still very much in the early game - all I have is a tiny SV and a cargo box on the starting planet.

Today I decided to go to space. The story told me to go find the TOP brewery in orbit, so I did so. However, upon arrival, the brewery was being guarded by a Zirax drone. My SV has no weapons. The drone appeared to not see me however, and seemed to be flying away, so I foolishly decided to risk it, landed, and went inside.

The drone came back. 1km out, it opens fire and blows up the cockpit on my SV (I'm not inside). Now I'm stranded. I was able to eventually kill the drone with my shotgun because it kept getting stuck in the brewery walls. But since there is no teleporter in the brewery, it's game over (even if there was, it's a long walk to my base from the planetary trading station). I will now have to start a new save. There's literally nothing else I can do except jetpack around the brewery.

My question is twofold: 1) WHY are their Zirax drones guarding Polaris POIs? I've seen this many times on other planets as well. 2) WHY don't we yet have a setting allowing factions who are AT WAR with each other to DEFEND themselves? The brewery has laser turrets... why on earth won't it use them? I thought this was added as a feature long ago, but no...

At the end of the day my playthrough is over due to yet more Empyrion stupidity.

bluemax151 likes this.
  5. icky

icky Lieutenant

started building a base that looks like a pentaxid tank. no pics yet because i didnt think to take any screen caps and post here.

6. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

This clearly isn't the games fault. :D

RG is much tougher than the base game and Vermillion goes out of his way to communicate that. Death by high gravity or death by stranded in space are two of several viable "game overs."

Also, it does make sense that the drones are hovering around the facility - the Zirax are an oppressive occupying military regime. Of course they have drones everywhere watching your every move.

------------------------------

As for me, today in Empyrion I got a sneak peek at Sulus' new dungeon and it is EPIC. I am eager to try it when it is finished. I will not post anything here as spoilers but you all have several new experiences incoming that should be lots of fun. :cool:

7. The Salty Snake Chef

The Salty Snake Chef Captain

Hey Hey Hey it's Fractalite! Sounds like an update is brewing.

Fractalite likes this.
  8. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Updated the Nightjar CV with texture and paint job along with a few other adjustments.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1879338797

[​IMG]

And then I worked up the tier 2 version.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2231103345

[​IMG]

While the tier 2 won't fit through the 7 x 13 hangar door because of the turrets, I did shave off the bits that prevented the tier 1 Nightjar from going through the current model of that hangar door. It was the tier 1 submitted to the challenge thread after all. The fact that it fit through the prior model of the hangar door with the turrets attached is just a memory from a past version of Empyrion.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Nope.
    Drones hanging around space POIs is not my doing or Ravien's. That's a vanilla change and for the last few days i've started a fresh RE playthrough myself and found the locations and spawning of space drones to be a real pain in the ass. But there's nothing I can do about it.

1: All space drone spawn as Zirax faction. Even the Polaris, Trader, Pirate, Kriel and Legacy space drones will always spawn as Zirax drones. If there's a polaris POI being guarded by a zirax drone, it should be a polaris faction drone and it should be the polaris-type drone.
    2: After approaching any space POI, a drone or two will show up the instant you leave your ship. Once again, a vanilla change. Not a terrible one, just that it's always a zirax drone and it appears around 100 meters out in space so there's no defense you could possibly mount. Because it spawns within weapon it's own firing range any turret you have there will and cannot defend itself before the drone cuts a hole through your ship.
    I'd call both of these as massive bugs. The first is an obvious bug, since there should be other faction drones out there and under no circumstances should the polaris, kriel, trader, pirate or legacy drones ever spawn with the [Zrx] faction tag.
    The second, being that the drones are spawning far, FAR too close. They have weapons with a 400m range or so, they should be spawning 2.5km out at least.
    The third space bug is that if a drone is spawned at a POI, every single active drone in the playfield will immediately move towards your position as well, no matter how far away it is. They could be 30km away and will spend 10+ mins travelling to you.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Today's efforts in Reforged Galaxy as I hunt down materials for my "Late/Midgame CV" in my starter CV (FA-060A Impostor). Now, Interdictors and Interceptors have readily ruined this ship several times any time i've stopped in space at an asteroid after making sure it's clear because of Bug #2.
    Despite an exposed warp drive, the Impostor's warp drive is never the target of drone attacks so it's pretty much safe. I've replaced the generator and core twice though, and now the 3rd time for the core and finally a stray shot hit the warp drive while orbiting a dead planet.
    I detached my back SV (Refuge) and left the warpless Impostor stuck to the side of a deco asteroid while I went in search of repairs which took me to a snow planet covered in zirax. In the end, I opted to take out an Abandoned Assembly Yard inside zirax territory which was certainly fun. It has all the equipment and materials to construct a CV warp drive.
    This is my 3rd assembly yard, and I got through this one with no deaths. Which is lucky, since 2 large drones turned up to hover over the POI in hopes that I'd die and respawn outside.
    Cored and ready to go, I made a warp drive; had to refit the refuge with 40 cargo extensions in order to carry it and slowly dragged it back to my CV. The refuge is designed to carry a fully-loaded mining HV (also docked to the Impostor) at 130m/s and with just the CV warp drive it was down to 59m/s on it's fastest axis.

Got back to my ship, slotted in the new drive, jumped the whole lot back to the assembly yard, stripped out some valuables, processed the Erestrum that first got me shot, fought off a base attack and then buggered off back home with all the loot.
    Identified several areas of improvement for the next update.
    23 Black Dawn_2020-09-17_12-32-39.png
    Hiding the Impostor

Side note: The trick to dealing with Interceptors, Interdictors and other space dudes is to never run away.
    If you run, they'll match your speed and will be far enough away to shoot at you and be moving towards you without needing to pull away like they do against an immobile target. You're just gonna get shot at constantly with no defense.
    Chase them down and stick onto them and they won't be able to shoot back (unless you're really slow). In an unarmed ship you can still do this until they pull away and you go in the opposite direction. They make wide turns so you'll get far enough away that you can get out of visible range easier.

Wellingtoon, icky, bluemax151 and 4 others like this.
  10. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

I'm having the same problem with the TOP brewery in my current vanilla game which is compounded by the fact that it's a adjacent to a Zirax space POI and on the patrol route of patrol vessels :) The 1st time I went in they all swarmed me but I managed to get out without taking fire. I've since isolated one of the patrol vessels and destroyed it. Now I just need to take out the POI and the other patrol vessel. I still have a couple of ? contacts on my ping but I haven't dared go closer yet to identify them. The concentration of Zirax in that area is high.

I'm working on a space support station for my Knightjar in preparation of moving to a new home system. Somewhere I can switch out my support vehicles and drop off cargo since I have limited space on the CV. I have the general shape and layout setup. Just trying to decide if I want to stick to T2 or upgrade to T3 and add more/better turrets and a few more "pods" for equipment. ATM only the hanger and turret mounts are hardened steel. Everything else is steel or plastic.

20200917084031_1.jpg 20200917084044_1.jpg

11. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Yeah, August and September are usually pretty slow for updates to this game. So things will start to pick up now and get back to full steam by mid-October.

As for me, my laptop is slowly losing ground and becoming a word processor. A really, really nice word processor, but only really able to do basic functions - which translates into designing POI's for everybody, but not much else. That should change in October for me as well. :)

Nice little station!

12. icky

icky Lieutenant

update on pentaxid tank base

tank base.jpg

13. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Seldom do things align themselves so well, but today I discovered this world:

[​IMG]
    Where upon I was compelled to build this base:
    [​IMG]
    Which I very aptly named:

[​IMG]

14. icky

icky Lieutenant

i guess the outside is pretty much done.

tank base.jpg

15. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Can't wait to see the warp drive storage facility. ;-)
    Nice work!

icky likes this.
  16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I had an gratifying experience playing the single player campaign the other day.
    I was exploring one of the moons around the gas giant in the starter system when I found a wreck of one of my builds.
    Something of mine finally made it into the game.

Of course it was blown to smithereens, and I really have to give kudos to the person who "blew it up".
    Knowing how the ship is built I found the damage to be very believable and consistent with where the explodey bits are located within the ship.
    Someone took a lot of time making the damage to the ship believable, and I appreciate that.

Now lets tear that sucker the rest of the way apart and see what I can salvage from it.

dpburke2, bluemax151 and Germanicus like this.
  17. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

I've been working my way through all the Zirax POIs in preparation of leaving the starter area in my arid survival game. Had to deploy styLmntz's Cyclone MKIII against the drone base. I tried with my Tier 3 SV 1st and after about 500 rockets I gave up. Had to come in with the HV tank close so the turrets couldn't fire back. I think it took like 900 rockets and an unknown amount of minigun ammo. I don't remember them having this much shield HP. I've since taken out all the POIs in proximity to the drone base with the exception of the Bastion. For the life of me I can't find the core. I'd appreciate it if someone here could point me in the right direction. I'm sure it's obvious and I'm just missing it.

Next is to put something together to take out the Zirax shipyard and clean up the moon and then I'm out of this system. 20200918231215_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Putting the finishing touches on a mission for my scenario. :D

20200919175441_1.jpg

20200919175852_1.jpg

byo13, dpburke2, Fractalite and 5 others like this.
  19. Dem

Dem Commander

20200919160846_1.jpg Screenshot taken after a long fight with Zirax Periat and Imerat class capital vessels at the same time... Yes i won... But it take thousands of bullet and a lot of damage to my capital vessel... I am happy anyway :D

20. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Cant believe my luck today.
    Found a desert planet that is breathable and in teleporter range of the rest of my bases.

Even more incredible than O2 - it also has the perfect geographical feature for a base ive been wanting to build - a small island surrounded by water:
    upload_2020-9-20_18-27-34.png

...Hopefully I may even be able to build a wall around the "moat"

upload_2020-9-20_18-28-18.png
    upload_2020-9-20_18-29-9.png
    upload_2020-9-20_18-30-53.png

Attached Files: