What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

nah, it's the Jet S.

Thruster M : 160kN / 700kg / 1x2x1
    Thrus. Jet S: 350kN / 300kg / 1x3x1

2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

What's with this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

only THREE RCS! :p
    My Early Scout. Medium version, there's a smaller with even less Thrusters/RCS around...

edit:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and Robot Shark like this.
  3. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

This again is something me bugging too!
    but then again.. if I could fire all my Mark5 weapons at once...

with this concentrated weapon convergence.... and FULL AUTO.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

droooooool..........

[​IMG]

4. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Today in Empyrion, it’s purge day removing vessels that are no longer welcome in this playthrough. Yep, here we go again with “drama”. LOL

Who’s CV was it that was for the small build that had the warp core external in a circular shroud painted “gold”? Can’t seem to find it.
    TIA

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Ooops... sorry, missing words here... I made a quick pic with all of them :

engines.png

Actually I use equally "Thruster Jet S" and "Thruster Jet M" (not the "Thruster Blocks M"). I get small weight and performance differences, as well as power consumption, and I have not yet found a perfect "mix" of both thruster types but I did not try hard either.

With the "Jet S" type :

SV_Goblin-1_stats.png

With the "Jet M" type :

SV_Pinky-1_stats.png

6. hound

hound Captain

SV's you say? This is what happens when you stay up all night Watching Fast and Furious movies and can't sleep and suddenly have to make
    a ship with glass and lighting accents......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vicomt, Donbingo, rainyday and 6 others like this.
  7. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

right, but check your size stats ;-)
    Jet S : 1x3x1 (3 blocks)
    Jet M : 2x5x2 (20 !! blocks)

make another test with double - Jet S ;-)
    ...better!

(I'm using Jet M in Mark5 too, but only to get some distinct back view... 20++ Jet S looking at you when flying in 3rd person view isn't sexy... all the time...)

8. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

My new project :) My lave Family X :D

Attached Files:

9. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

perhaps something for my Challenge?
    ->https://empyriononline.com/threads/...al-carrier-cv-for-small-group-coop-pve.13636/

10. BunkerBuster

BunkerBuster Lieutenant

Possibly, I will just check if I have enough hanger space, if I do then I will make a few modifications so that it meets the requirements.

Edit: Turns out my idea of lots of hanger space is way off, I normally use much smaller vehicles than the ones used in your challenge and for some of the vehicles I couldn't even get them into the hanger's let alone fit them all at once.

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Dimensions of the new SV Warp Drive lookin dude is already known so i've already reserved a hole in the SV for it. :p

Still... if this effort fails too, I may have to give taking a break a try. :(

It's retarded to have a small or micro SV unable to turn or rotate worth a damn and do anything else at the same time when stuff like Speed & Maneuverability tends to be a MAJOR point of building small or micro in the first place. :(

& it feels retarded to be unable to build big to hold more Firepower because of a Arceus damned arbitrary number limit which defeats the point of building big... :(

That's easy for you to say, ya don't have OCD. :p

My OCD won't tolerate shenanigans like having the Weapons 'magic cheaty floaty' slightly below the Wing Block it's attached to & swears that I must Inset all of them or get them as close to Inset as I can... & other such kinds of things. I may have no choice in the matter in usage of Jet Thrusters though cause there's too few ways to stick them into builds in ways that make them look properly connected onto their actual adjacent Block. :(

Plus, where's your Armor Locker? Or is the Stats Screen just too dumb to list Armor Lockers & does that need fixed...? I also can't stand NOT having a Salami MakerMobile Constructor in the build too. :p

Still... I may wanna take a closer look at your dudes sometime... I may be in need of Inspiration.

Hmm... i've been trying to put use the Jet Thruster XXL... perhaps i'm screwing myself over royally bad doin this... This might be an error spot in my SV Building Attempts... if not the core of my problems...

I got 4 Jet Thruster XXL on my current unfinished SV Build Attempt... I may have to consider ripping them out & redesigning around the Jet Thruster S, many thanks to you & rucky for the aid! :)

Kassonnade and rucky like this.
  12. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

OCD. Not sure I understand....

Armor Locker:

SV_Building_04_2017-09-26_04-46-10.png
    SV_Building_04_2017-09-26_04-43-50.png

(the other side is the same each :p)

yes Armor Locker won't be listed...

edit: there's no floating anything in my ships... or? :confused:o_O

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  13. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I've had it installed in my first versions and gameplay.
    NOT MORE.
    Reasons:
    1) Weight. This thing weights 1 TON! (Better store in Cargo box and attach when really needed, because:)
    2) With gardening I always have some Food cans with me, and Fresh Meats goes always into Meat Cans or PIZZA :p

14. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Well if you look at the overall ship dimensions (for RCS efficiency)...

With thrusters Jet S (4 each direction, 2 rcs, 13 tons, 1 gen) size is 2.5 x 5 x 2 (for 107 m/s2)

With thrusters Jet M (4 each direction, 4 rcs, 19.5 tons, 2 gens) size is 4,5 x 4.5 x 2.5 (for 122 m/s2)

... top performance is with the Jet M, with not so big a difference in size and weight, and RCS efficiency being also better except (bizarre) for the "roll" value, which has nothing to do with the real effect in game (everything rolls as slow as a walrus on a beach).

I have sometimes lost one or two thrusters S under fire, but not a thruster M. I can't avoid all shots but usually I can take more with the bigger thrusters.

15. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

don't want to be devil's advocate here :p but your stat pics showing 4/4 for any directions for both versions :p
    yes I'm nitpicking sometimes :p

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  16. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I saw it too and edited... I should try to get rid of one generator to see how power goes on the 2nd one. It also has a little free space for more devices, but as soon as a pound is added the efficiency goes down. But still, with a "core" design like this, I could add a few blocks around purely for aesthetics and would still have good performance.

17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Still a bit frustrated that one CV can be as fast and more mobile than my best fighter, though... this should not be possible.

Clod-1_2017-06-29_19-09-23.png

binhthuy71, Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  18. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

would you try a version with 2x Jet S each? (that is 8/8/8/8) to see the performance?
    (but going from 107 to 122 isn't really noticable for about double the size of your ship (2.5m -> 4.5m)

19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ahh, cool on having the Armor Locker too. :)

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Its when a person has cranky nagging impulses in one's mind that something isn't right & it won't shut up about it till it's corrected or until the issue can be forgotten about, whichever comes first. For more learning about this & how much it can suck to have this, watch the show, "Monk". Seeing it in action will be easier then ever trying to verbally explain it.

I tend to live on Salami when I don't currently have a sufficiently established Base with Farm & I tend to play at a slow relaxed pace so I live on Salami a LOT. I like being able to kill stuff trying to kill me, or nearby Lizard Mules, or such like that & turn them into Salami on the go. :) (Using both my SVs & HVs.)

I also like to carry 1 Fridge to throw into it foodstuffs not Meat or Salami I happen to find, then when my SV or HV happens to be powered on, their Perishing gets stalled as a bonus. Still, I can't help but to love Salami & it having a nice respectable 70 Perish Timer & 100 Food for only one single ingredient ya can get off most any wildlife... especially stuff that already tends to try to kill ya & in the processes, donates its meat anyway. :) & this was before it became a thing to be able to equip Heavy Armor with 4 Armor Boosters. Don't really need 3 digit Perish Timer when your body's trying to eat itself alive within a single game day. :p

rucky likes this.
  20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I did : 48 Jet S !

SV_whiteCube.png

SV_whiteCubeStats.png

But as you can see, the previous builds have less weight and don't get the power usage through the roof.

As for size vs performance, that's the best I could do with lots of fiddling around and shifting stuff. I can't constrain so many thrusters Jet M in a smaller space and not losing too much on RCS efficiency. It's really a trade-off system, and after a certain limit there is no more gain in mobility with minimal weight & dimensions change.