What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Automatic turret fire - NO
    Manual firing - YES

So Mining with multiple players manning HV-Drill-Turrets docked on CV?
    OF COURSE!

See Here:

[​IMG]

My best Mining-System in 5.x (and still in 6.x): CV-Base + 4-Drill-Turret-Mining Hover for COOP-Mining!

[​IMG]

NO deposite was deep enough...

[​IMG]

;-)

2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

getting more and more bord with this games end game and feeling like a mining simulator, my server used to be popular but after a lot of game breaking bugs sadly almost everyone quit, but i still pve and made a pve ship yesterday for the alien outpost

[​IMG]

3. Pyston

Pyston Captain

and what sucks about that is that the lights themselves do not induce lag FPS drops, its only when they are in the on state. This is why I suggest sensors be built into lights and set to a default state of turning on and off when entering/exiting the area of effect.

I hate the way lights are calculated more than anything, because as just straight up props in off state, they really don't contribute jack. Also, if lights had sensors built into them, we could eliminate most sensors because most of them are used with lights and in the case of SV's doors. So, why not bake the functionality in, lose the extra "sensor" prop being rendered in the world.

It would also be nice if there was some way to change how lights are calculated. For example if they are linked to a sensor, that their impact on ship class size would be reduced. I know its a tough one because that could be abused, but I do hate how much lights contribute to class size.

I would personally also like to see some lower poly 90 degree pipes. Those are killer when it comes to triangles.

Track Driver, malrose1, jmtc and 2 others like this.
  4. Pyston

Pyston Captain

You cant fly an SV docked to a CV, the CV gets left behind, but you CAN (obviously) fly a CV with an SV docked.

So, you make the CV with thrusters, fuel, generator, gravity gen, guns, and o2 along with the CV cockpit chair for piloting. Then yes you build the SV around it, but you have to do so in a way (if you are putting it on the workshop) so that the CV and SV can dock and have the end result look relatively blended without asking the player to "build around" XYZ. But essentially the work end of the craft would be CV, and the aesthetic would be mostly SV.

5. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Wow, that's a lot of guns!
    I thought the game has some restrictions regarding the amount of guns allowed on a ship.
    Can it be somewhat avoided? I ask because i'm not happy with the strict limitations myself, i'd rather have more turrets of one type, instead of 5 differnt ones. (which one is more ugly than the next)

Pyston likes this.
  6. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

MP. In MP server configs, you can adjust nearly anything.
    Only us SPers we get crippled again and again when some PVPers are whining. Because they are always getting configurable options.
    :-(

(yes I'm still a bit upset from a few latest design decisions made from Eleon... sorry 'bout my grunting)

monktk, malrose1, ion_storm and 4 others like this.
  7. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I see... :mad:
    So it's just another nonsensical thing i just decided not to care about from now on. lol.
    Lol, i just though that it almost looks like they conscious or unconsciously try to push ppl. like you or me out of their game.

8. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

if the server has no restrictions, like strate defult like mine i can put 10000 art cannons if i even wanted to and they work

banksman45 likes this.
  9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Is the esthetic benefit derived from the fact that SV blocks are smaller and allow greater detail? I'd like it a lot if we could use SV-sized blocks in the interiors of CVs and BAs for that reason.

rucky, jmtc, Pyston and 1 other person like this.
  10. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

So it's really only about giving Single players a restriction?
    What nonsense. (sorry if that sounds rude.)
    I'm sure this has been discussed 1000times before, i seem to have simply forgotten that issue.

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I can understand the frustration even though I believe that the finalized systems will make lots of guns impractical. There's always setting up your own dedi server. The system requirements are fairly low. If you have an old PC laying around it would probably suffice as long as you don't have too many players.

jmtc likes this.
  12. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

This wouldn't be a problem if we could merge all block of a CV into one single block (and de-merge it if you want to change anything on it) So in the actual game you could have much bigger and much more detailled ships and bases, among other advantages.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...and-si-for-ships-but-not-like-you-think.9938/
    Then, it wouldn't really matter (at least much less) if the blocks would be CV or SV sized imo.
    Sorry for being off topic.

ion_storm, rucky and Pyston like this.
  13. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Ya, the idea being you can place 16 different textures in the space of a CV block with SV blocks , also prop placement like chairs where you can get them closer together.

SV size is just much much more conducive to creating a realistic space. CV's are great for hulls and such but terribly for interior design/decorating.

ion_storm, rucky, jmtc and 3 others like this.
  14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

i love servers with no restrictions!!!

rucky likes this.
  15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well they will be back or some new players will show up. One of the draw backs to some alpha games is things change and bugs come with those changes. The funny part is the devs have been giving Multiplayer gamers a lot of attention lately or at least they thought they were. I thought the Servers would be full of happy PVP and PVE players by now . When the game starts getting boring some people take a break for a few months and come back after a few major updates.
    Oh by the way that is a EPIC stargate daedalus ship

16. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

True. I built some beach houses with SV blocks in creative and the proportions were much more convincing to me despite having to build my own deco items.

Pyston and rucky like this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Not only SP : PvE also seems to be disadvantaged relatively to PvP. By using PvP as "calibration standard" they clearly limit what all players can do, as NPCs never complain...

monktk, malrose1, ion_storm and 3 others like this.
  18. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Both block types, SV/HV and CV/BA are on different layers and "grids", and having the SV blocks in the CV grid would mean going way over the limits for small blocks, since they could be put at each end of the CV grid.

19. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Then just use SV grid + Blocks and add bigger walls and cube blocks to build bigger structures with.

Kieve likes this.
  20. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Good guess. But no.
    This is more or less what I hope to convince the devs of, if this experiment works out. Use SV voxel scale, and adjust BA/CV blocks to match. So instead of a fancy couch being 2x2x1, it would end up something like 8x8x3.