What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Predatar556

Predatar556 Lieutenant

Duuuuuuude! That is going to be impressive when it's finished, it's massive!!! I hope you plan on releasing that blueprint, I need that in my orbit!!!

2. Baneus

Baneus Commander

Once I get the basic hull done I'll Blueprint and publish it. I think people would prefer to customise it instead of having to alter anything I put inside it to suit themselves. The hull is the hardest part I think, each of those angled corner sections is 14,000ish blocks each. Thank goodness for the symmetry tool :)

The plan for mine is to have the bottom lined with large landing pads for frigate sized SVs (like your Rifter) and the sides lined with medium and small landing pads. Each pad will have its own small living section. In the top will be the environmental and power sections. and in the back will be a communal section that also includes a command centre. I've got a tiny SV assigned to various sections for getting around quickly in (it's a barebones ship, not much bigger than a cockpit with engines strapped on). As more fancy things get released I'll bolt them on, most significantly CV docking ports on the outer hull (there is a 1 block air gap between the inner and outer hull that can be used for corridors or airlocks)

Predatar556 likes this.
  3. Baneus

Baneus Commander

Another couple of screenshots

Rifter on the deck (I've finished the inner hull for the top, bottom and sides) with a Station Hopper underneath it.

[​IMG]

Further away. Rifter is sitting mid deck, aft. I'll definitely be able to land 6 ships of that size on the bottom :)

[​IMG]

I had a run around the Rifter. It's a fantastic ship.

Predatar556 likes this.
  4. mike me

mike me Commander

So far today my terets have chased the flower people away and invited two drones to lunch on my base.

5. Predatar556

Predatar556 Lieutenant

Glad you like it bro! A lot of hours went into detailing that thing. My butt went numb on more than one occasion. lol

In another news, I've started a new build. Figured I would stick to the theme and do another EVE Online ship, since they have such a large selection.

6. Baneus

Baneus Commander

Interior hull complete

Inside
    [​IMG]
    Shining in the sun, 1km off
    [​IMG]

Predatar556 likes this.
  7. Baneus

Baneus Commander

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  8. Krenios

Krenios Commander

Hello,

I working on last part of my CV, the rear view, from below.
    Special compartiment / part.

Attached Files:

9. Otterbear

Otterbear Commander

I subjugated the population on Akua, and Omicron. But now the latest patch for the NPC characters is out. (OK, about a week ago..).
    I want to start a new game, but I'm soooo DREADING dealing with that tech-tree again. I guess I could copy and paste save files and such, but I don't want to add bugs that aren't there. :(

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  10. Tiv

Tiv Lieutenant

Just hope for a Prometh Deposit next to your spawn and you are good to go :/

I was working on my Mountain Base today and kind of regret the Idea of making a In-Mountain-Runway. It's sooo time consuming to dig that thing and now I'm out of Ham.
    1.jpg

2.jpg

Otterbear likes this.
  11. Rannoc McMaulin

Rannoc McMaulin Commander

I really think you are making this a bigger deal on yourself than it really is. It is no problem reaching level 10 in about an hour without grinding. You get XP for everything you do so just by doing what you do normally you max out. At most the system as it is right now just change the order you might do things and that is it.

12. Otterbear

Otterbear Commander

Yea, I've got a usable seed...boy that took a while.

Some people are experiencing their mountain bases being filled in while they are away. I hope this doesn't happen to that sweet base. :)http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-pre-alpha-3-6.3084/page-6#post-26964

13. Milk

Milk Ensign

i started yesterday...i'm trying not to get discouraged and learned things and followed tutorials however i think they're outdated because i've built everything that was said to be needed to build a small generator and i still don't have the recipe in the small constructor. So until someone can tell me how to build that one...i'm stuck.

Also....is it actually feasible to make the ground level? i tried to figure it out with the drill but i am comepletely incapable of doing it. It's not s simple and easy as in 7 days to die that's for sure.......

14. Alo

Alo Captain

If the tutorial didn't mention the tech tree then yes, it's outdated (only got released about a week ago though).

Try pressing the letter 'O' when ingame. That's the tech tree where all the +exp you've been seeing is hiding. Go to the according tab (Small Vessl, Hover Vessel or Base, whichever you want the generator for) and unlock the small generator. Oh, and you can scroll down in the tech tree, a lot of people seem to not notice.

As for the drill, have you tried the 'yellow' drill? That can both lower and raise ground.

15. Rannoc McMaulin

Rannoc McMaulin Commander

The Small Gen is in the Base tech tree fourth row first column. The level the ground use the Filler/Leveler tool (Yellow Strips) RMB. It is on one of the cargo boxes in the escape pod

16. Milk

Milk Ensign

oh,...........i didn't realise you had to unlock things. Total newb mistake. But thanks!

But yeah if it's that new then i see why nobody mentioned it anywhere. Still you know, there WAS a key for tech tree and i don't think i had tried pressing that yet.... :-x

Anyway, I made an account here because i realised if i hope to have any chance to learn how to do things right since there's no tutorial, i may have to just pester experienced player endlessly for a bit... until I can "walk on my own".

Otterbear likes this.
  17. Alo

Alo Captain

What I mostly do is just use the search function on the forums (or google) because most questions I have are often already asked and answered by others (gotta love the internet eh?)

Other than that, I'm sure there's lots of people here on the forums who are more than happy to answer your questions.

18. BachelorSean

BachelorSean Ensign

You can go to watch gameplay uploaded by "Games4Kickz" on youtube. He's video is always up to date and fun to watch.:)

19. mike me

mike me Commander

YouTube G4K, Kage848, Haladmer and TheMoomoo51 are the ones I mostly watch for whats going on. If you are into copying from creative to survial blueprints. Retep Drachra has Youtube videos aswell.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  20. mike me

mike me Commander

Farming, Mining, Farming, Mining etc..etc.. Falling though my base a few times. Seams to happen if I have my Jetpack on when exiting my SV. SV is parked on the floor above the main floor. No Drone attacks today at all. Only two Drones yesterday. Seen a few out mining though. Only seen one flower child out looking for a hand out. Feed him some lead. Seam to make him sick and fall over dead. lol

RobDog and Otterbear like this.