What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

most of thos ships are on friends only and i did not make all his epic work, but asked me not to release them till summer, im helping him buff the Aesthetics of the ships interiors and maybe few exteriors.

2. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Sounds good, I'll make a star wars themed CV on paragon expense while I'm waiting for 8.0.

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  3. The Tactician[ Λ ]

@michaelhartman89 you still doing buildings? can i make a small request? it will be featured on the SBS server, but i need a empire themed and rebel themed base

both like a HQ building so endgame, id do it but atm have like 10 projects LOL

4. michaelhartman89

This might be my first WDYDIET post:)

Today I had a blast with my friend @ericks17 and @ValorivsMetellvs mining on a toxic wasteland for Erestrum. We split up with one guy spotting meteorites and the other two going to mine them. After an hour on the ground with a few mishaps flipping hv's over into a lake and getting stuck underwater and 5 deaths, we made it out with 3k Erestrum and 1.2k Magnesium which was a huge success for us only being on the server for a few days.

Afterwards we chilled out at the trade station selling some wares and found a way to strike it big selling goods to traders. I feel like a real entrepreneur today and I was so impressed and immersed with the trade stations setup and the aliens walking around.

I can't wait till we get some more economic features and love towards the npc's. I hired well over 20 of them today, so I guess I'll find some work for them on the ship and back at the base. :p

All in all, it was a good day in Empyrion and I was lost in another world which didn't feel like a just a game. Good times!

I can't wait to get some NPC Employment options, quests, pirates and other npc traders/trade ships, smugglers and space traffic.

One more thing, where is the Law Enforcement! As the son of a LEO and a military veteran, I believe Empyrion needs a justice department and Law Enforcement. With all these hoodlums parking their damn CVs on my base covering my landing pad and front door. Damn Admin, I hope the get the griefer that pulled that stunt!:mad:

I'm sure we violated some factions space or at least caused a minor infraction today that would've warranted a small ticket or fine today:D

See ya'll in Empyrion and have a good night/day!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  5. michaelhartman89

I'll see lol, we can probably work a drug deal and get that built for you. I'm playing on a server now so mats are hard to come by. I haven't dabbled in creative for a few weeks.

The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  6. The Tactician[ Λ ]

ugh bro im always on creative, go on ZeroGs discord and we could use there creative server if you ever want, i might have time to help

7. michaelhartman89

Ok I'll check it out

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  8. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Time to call it a day and begin some study.

The following SV has been completed but not yet uploaded to the workshop. I got distracted by other "projects" and now I am out of time. Only have some time left to write a quick summary of what I did in Empyrion today. My biggest frustration with tiny builds is how they can easily become just a pile of devices, function without good form. I actually removed two cargo boxes to add some textured blocks instead to beautify it at least a little. Originally it was the SV version of the Chick, but I am putting this in my Inspiration Traders which focuses more on making things as opposed to freight, so I dropped some of the cargo boxes for 4 mobile constructors and extra fuel.

IT Creative_2018-04-14_10-14-23.png

The Raven isn't going to be pretty. At one point I was thinking of making a large SV that would dock with a CV to give it extended warp. That sort of evolved into the incomplete Raven below, which will be able to tote up to two of the Carri-On SV (the incomplete brick).

FTB Creative_2018-04-14_11-01-21.png

The Raven will be space only, no landing gear traditionally placed. Those you see above are being used as bumpers to hopefully reduce collision damage between CV and SV during docking. Docking looks good to me.

FTB Creative_2018-04-11_22-05-58.png

As it happens, I have long planned that the FTB collection will get a space platform for spawning their CVs in survival. When I started the base, I did not yet have the Carri-On SV. This will be getting a couple docking "clamps" underneath.

FTB Creative_2018-04-14_11-01-06.png

And with the Carri-On looking more and more like a future aspect of the FTB collection, I went and added a trial "clamp" to the Limpkin as it turns out the large docking bay in the back is actually too small for the Carri-On to even enter.

FTB Creative_2018-04-14_11-48-24.png

Since my official racer for the contest is to be a part of FTB, I thought the collection really ought to get its actual "starting" base, something for survival as the step before the space platform. So I started by measuring the deepest part of the lake I was near.

FTB Creative_2018-04-14_11-25-45.png

Those supports under the base are quite long. In fact, it seems I overestimated the length and had to return to trim off a few blocks. From the blueprint turning red when I tried to push it down into the lakebed, I gather that the bottom of the lake was closer to the bottom of the region than I realized, either that or another SI related bug...

FTB Creative_2018-04-14_13-37-49.png

And while the Carri-On (flying brick) is incomplete, it does "fly".

FTB Creative_2018-04-14_13-38-48.png

After a quick structural integrity check and fix, I think I am satisfied that I am on track to give FTB an actual survival inspired base, and not just a display for the racer. With that peace of mind, perhaps I can get back to focusing on the display. But, as I mentioned, my time for Empyrion today is past. I promised my wife I would study a few things--some self improvement.

FTB Creative_2018-04-14_13-59-49.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Points for having style yet still looking sturdy, by Car Standards. :D

My Truck might have to run over it twice rather then once to squish it. :p

rucky and dpburke2 like this.
  10. Skyknight Beoulve

Skyknight Beoulve Lieutenant

rucky, Jenniphurr, Siege Inc. and 5 others like this.
  11. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Quite impressive you could keep it to 3 resources, in this size!

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

13. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Mainly ornamental at the moment.
    A suitable monument to the Jade Falcon Khans past and present

I really like obelisks. And marble. The silicon requirement is somewhat .... excessive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

This HV racer "bug" seems to have bitten me hard. I keep wanting to make racing circuits.
    Dug out Jenn's old "Akua Raceway" course, and discovered that HVs will drive quite well on a 90-degree angle, provided they keep the engine pod "fields" in contact with the wall. Had loads of fun racing around on the moon, even though doing a hairpin turn while sideways on the wall is bloody difficult. Fell off a lot, my poor Jag took quite a beating. Worth it.

Then I decided to make my own.
    C7B_2018-04-15_04-04-29.jpg
    I've actually got a bit more than this done, this was just the last good screenshot I had. 15 blocks wide, enough to fit even TwilightDragon's monstrous TAS-62, should someone be insane enough to try. The framework around it indicates max BP size - I am stretching this thing as far as I possibly can. Unfortunately it's so massive that it cannot be spawned manually - per @rucky 's suggestion, I'll have to look into placing it via scenario, when it's ready. Or at least close to ready.
    C7B_2018-04-15_04-56-48.jpg
    Pit lanes garages are doubled 6x3 hangar doors, enough to fit even Tyrax's big ol' monster truck. 10 spots in all, with LCD screens for racers' customization. Still a long, long way to go before this behemoth is even close to ready.
    C7B_2018-04-14_06-57-31.jpg
    Better progress was made on the Jag's "podium" - I've been struggling hard to break the habit of using those long angled corner pieces, and finally managed to get something kinda new going. A little dark - blame Space Lighting for that one, I'm afraid. Slowly getting... somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure where just yet.

Of course. Only a Jade Turkey would find such a pointless waste of resources to be "fitting" for their Khans...
    clan_wolf_logo_by_punakettu.png
    (Silly BTech banter aside, it looks good. Very regal!)

15. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I finished the first pass rough in for the Ebon Hawk's interior. I might have to redo one of the cargo bays though. It's really difficult getting those to look right since the ceiling curves down toward the outer wall which is also curved plus the support pillars on that outer curve. Such a pain.

Feeling pretty frustrated over the lack of certain textures, notably computer screens and electronics. I could use some more options for wall/floor/ceiling plates and the like too. Right now it's like trying to paint a work of art with a stick. Really need the right tools for the job.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  16. eLLe

eLLe Captain

I think I'm one of the few who altogether cut the time out of exp 8.0.
    This is my little dedication to the favorite game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

A lesson learned: 2018-04-10 (2).png
    The hangar bay of Achilles, showing my Fire Suppression System just before I make the BP.

2018-04-15.png The hangar bay of Achilles, showing my Fire Suppression System just after spawning BP.

The FSS is, after all, a docked SV with a lot of extended bits going thru various areas of the ship. Like the SV and HV in the first hangar shot, the FSS did not get saved into the BP. You all probably knew that, and I should have realized from the start, that this would happen, having made BPs of other CVs w/ SVs on board with the same result.

That's OK. It means if I want the FSS on board, I'll uave to do it from scratch every time, but I enjoy laying out piping. It makes me nostalgic. ;)

eLLe, Ramachandra, dpburke2 and 6 others like this.
  18. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

My eyes aren't what they used to be. Is that origami? If it is... WOW! Even if it isn't they are beautiful. And they look hungry... ;)

19. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Screenshot - 4_15_2018 , 4_51_48 PM.jpg stuff... hanging stuff.

Cleff, Needleship, Myrmidon and 4 others like this.
  20. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

Looks great, but I'm still waiting for a published BP. LOL