What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Remember to wear your helmet*.

(edit: Yes, that's a joke. :))

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Today I settled in at a nice little lake-front spot.
    [​IMG]
    The Weather radio said 100% chance of Drones later.

Have not seen the locals as of yet... I think I'll bake a cake for them and go say Hi!

3. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Is it spongecake?

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  4. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Nope! Cheese Cake!

5. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Hmmm... Just seemed from the location that you'd be nibblin' on spongecake...

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Will you sing I knew you were coming, so I baked a cake at the drones, while holding an Eleon cake?

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

All the deep forests make me think "Beautiful" "Magical" and "Lets build a tree house/ranger station"...

but they also make me want to experiment with the exact results of exposing dense foliage to 15 harvester modules. :)

20180514175258_1.jpg

Workshop link to the 85% completed Merry Mincer:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386293368

Not trying to steal your thunder - I had a thought this morning in the shower about trying to create a farming combine with a single line of 5 harvester modules. Turns out that was too slow, so I added 10 more! Weeeee! I made a forest highway and had delirious fun doing so:

20180514181526_1.jpg
    20180514181602_1.jpg
    20180514181620_1.jpg

Would make a great HV race track... and although hysterically funny against groups of spiders and triceratops, the Sierra Club is going to be sending me a nasty letter. :eek:

Also @Starwing6 and @Friendly Timo celebrated their tenth anniversary today!!! Congratulations!

20180514135734_1.jpg

We asked them to stand together so we could take pictures. It was hilarious that Kieve could not put away his sniper rifle for the occasion and Rainy was munching on food in the background and I brought my trusty explosive charge... because, ya know, ZIRAX MIGHT BE BEHIND THE CORNER!!! :p:D

So I say again, Happy Anniversary!

Three cheers!

Hooray!

Drinks all around!

8. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

@Fractalite lol My harvester is no where near that big. It only has 3 harvesters. I admit I stole the idea from a concept art work but I plan on including a copy of the art work when I post the pics so you guys can see.

I managed to get all but the other 2 harvesters done including the paint job (mostly) so I'll be finishing the harvester up tonight and may even get the other two done no later than tomorrow. We weren't supposed to be home the next couple of days but plans got changed so I'll have more time than I originally thought.

I'm rather proud of my lil red harvester. The other two aren't really anything to write home about but since I'm building all three for the same reasons I might as well post all three.

Happy Anniversary to Timo and Star! ( We just "celebrated" our 18th "anniversary" this past January. 18 years... seems more like 1800. lol)

9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

No trick pic. Just for the heck of it I decided to try driving my Waterbug HV up the side of a rock column. When that worked I decided to see if I could park it on top. It manages this feat with one small aft thruster. Yes, I'm happy with the handling.
    NewGame_2018-05-14_21-39-58.png

10. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Thanks for the anniversary messages! It's so amazing that we found each other from opposite sides of the globe--met on the internet--and we got engaged and married in the first three months of knowing each other. :p To top it all off, I'm a serial break-upper and after just the first year, I was impressed by our union. Now it's been 10 phenomenal years. :D

[​IMG]

Alright, enough of mushy-mushy!

Today I worked on the information screens in our fabulous Mission Control room. @Kieve designed and built it for our team, and his work helps with the immersion so much! We wanted to enhance our role playing experience--multiplayer is totally different than single player, and provides the unique opportunity to really play with your friends.

So now we have our awesome Mission Control room for briefings and debriefings. I gave the first ever mission briefing, with a little movie-inspired pep talk like, "Alright guys, we're heading out to the Armory, and God only knows what we'll be facing in there. The most important thing is that we work together as a team, and no one dies in there! I would like Timo to be our Team Leader for this mission."

Then he and I, along with @rainyday, @Fractalite and Kieve headed out to raid the armory.

HAHA! Timo was flying in daredevil style. :D

[​IMG]

At this point, he realized he was having a bug and could not shoot. "Honey, watch out!" I warned him as we entered the firefight.

[​IMG]

ZOMG! I almost died! :eek:

[​IMG]

Our raid went so well! Of course five players can devastate a POI in mere minutes, but that's not all that much fun--especially for anyone lost in the building and missing out on the action. ;) So we played like a true tactical squad, staying together and supporting one another. We all knew where to be because our Team Leader gave us clear instructions when we were about to breach a door or enter a new section. There was only a tiny bit of friendly fire--I hit @rainyday with a single bullet when we got a little too close at one point, but I ceased firing immediately. I heard there was one other instance with @rainyday and @Kieve, but these things happen and no one died. :D

(I like the PVP playfields because we're all experienced players and it's too cheaty to enter a room and shoot indiscriminately, with no concern for a factionmate standing right behind the enemy. This gives us more incentive to communicate clearly, and that also helps us prevent accidents with explosives, which were unfortunately common in prior adventures! :p )

When we returned to base, we had our mission debriefing, and then celebrated mine and Timo's milestone anniversary. I brought wine and got us all drunk! (Hangover seems to be automatic when we have any wine.)

[​IMG]

There was enough time for another raid, so @Friendly Timo gave our mission briefing. He picked @rainyday to be our Team Leader for this raid (we'll pick a new one each time so everyone gets their chance to lead raids).

[​IMG]

I gotta say, I love our Mission Control room and I'm proud of my information screens. :)

About the mission breifing, I had teased Kieve a little bit because he missed the first team briefing--he just listened in on the chat, but I said he'd have to carry the junk. :p Of course, he only carried good stuff. I was just playing, and he attended the second one, although I'm not sure why he was aiming at Timo. LOL!

[​IMG]

The northern Weapons Bunker is located inside a radiated biome. :cool: The screenshot opportunities were abundant! Unfortunately, Timo was once again plagued by the "cannot fire bug" (F key left and right mouse buttons stop responding). It really sucks. It's happened to me too, and it seems the in-game chat is what does it. :( We have to and obviously want to chat in the game! I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Here's a special sight for you! @Fractalite taking down the drones, and my first capture of a drone explosion with more than smoke or flames in the frame.

[​IMG]

This raid was especially awesome! @rainyday commanded us so well, and at one point we needed to jump down through a trap door and take down quite a few Zirax and 2 sentry turrets. Rainy gave us commands to cover each direction when we jumped in together, and then he gave the countdown. I was scared that I would panic and fail my teammates, but we all followed the combat plan and I learned that I'm a lot better at the game than before, and I did well. :)

Afterward, we tore the place apart and got a good amount of resources from the combat steel and devices inside. :cool: I'm gathering resources for our warp-capable dropship (I can't wait to show it to @Fractalite and @Kieve ), and only need a bit more resources (but some neodymium, so we'll need to pool what we find as soon as possible, and then we can visit the neighbouring planet to claim a deposit for an autominer.)

[​IMG]

With the job very well done, we returned to base again and had our second debriefing, where we split the gold and money cards we got during the two raids. I got my factionmates drunk again, and then the European players in the team needed to get some sleep. We called it a day, and I can't wait to play with my friends again! :cool:

11. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

do you guys know how long it is till 8.0? ben busy with real life havent had any time to game

12. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

That's a lovely spot! I always prefer lakeside property. Sadly the drones will most likely not appear. On this iteration the drones seem to be taking some time off. (known bug). Hopefully they will get their labor dispute ironed out and go back to work next update!

13. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

And here I had my Umbrella up....
    5774-6LG.jpg

14. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

That looks epic

15. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Been Re-working Outpost 1, not changing the design but making more heavily 'armored' versions.
    When they move to hardened and combat steel the devices contained in the base will upgrade accordingly with the required material processing capability for production of the base as if you built it block by block. ie. they will at Least have an Advanced constructor etc.
    [​IMG]
    I like this Base and not just because folks seem to have a positive reaction to it.
    The Mk. 5 and 6 versions are going to be a bit challenging to get right due to the materials that will be involved in providing protection for the window spaces. I am both looking forward to it and acknowledging that I shall have to finish the mk.2 - 4 upgrades for the rest of the collection before I tackle the 5 and six for outpost... and the medbay and Greenhouse need modification (math bad on greenhouse missed a row of planters. The medbay will get mothballed and totally redesigned before being upgraded.

Busy Puma *pours coffee*

Mk. 6 is Especially going to suck with the pressurized windows. I think I shall need the busy time to Ruminate on how to achieve something that doesn't look like poo without the proper 2 to 1 slope available.... or indeed Any slope....

16. -Dagger-

-Dagger- Lieutenant

@Robot Shark: thanks for the tip, I replaced/removed some thrusters and now 2 small generators are sufficient (97% max. usage)

@binhthuy71: thank you!

Here are some new screenshots. The ship now got 2 advanced constructors and more space inside. The gravity generator was moved to the engine room. I guess the ship is finished now and ready to fly. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Heh, he crossed behind me during that trap-door drop and accidentally put a bullet or two in my head as he did. Hurt way worse than the Zirax that were shooting at me, but as you said, nobody dead!
    [​IMG]
    Also, have to say I'm surprised I haven't seen any comments from @rainyday on my horrible driving skills... Hoverbug did NOT like the deep forests between us and that Armory, lots of getting stuck and rolling over things (before ultimately climbing a tree and launching over the blasted vegetation).

Home again from work today (bum leg) so I suppose I'll tease you all with a thing.
    CA8_2018-05-15_04-44-16.jpg

18. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Ok First, Nice utilitarian ship. Good looking also, for basic fare.

Second, there are these things called spoiler tabs. Look at the top of the 'Post' box that you type your replies in. Click on the 'Plus' symbol and select 'Spoiler' Please use this to contain Crap Loads of screenshots to improve the experience for other forum-goers.

Thank you.

Tyrax Lightning, binhthuy71 and Kieve like this.
  19. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Good before, even better now. Kudos!

20. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning and Brimstone like this.