What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Tiv

Tiv Lieutenant

I was already at max level when I started. It's like removing 62 blocks :p

2. mike me

mike me Commander

My wife said something like that on are 2nd date. Lol

Predatar556 and Otterbear like this.
  3. mike me

mike me Commander

Oh did I forget to say it was a Chevelle with a 454 big block.

Otterbear likes this.
  4. Predatar556

Predatar556 Lieutenant

The 'she said' jokes are here, now it's a party!!! lol

Otterbear likes this.
  5. Milk

Milk Ensign

Just less than a week ago i was asking how to build basic things in this topic, yesterday i finished my first ship

I had no damn idea if it was gonna work fine at all and take off... many hours went into it because trying to get into 3D an idea in your head....well i don't have an engineer mind at all, i don't have blueprints in my head, i create on "feel". so....it involved a lot of put blocks, remove blocks, put blocks, remove blocks, thinking you'll never manage to build something half decent looking, etc....

I'd guess that took me probably 10 hours in total... it's not the best looking ship in sci-fi history, but it's all mine and I think it's pretty damn alright for my first.

From various angles, on the landing pad of the base i built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i even bothered to make a little space to walk in inside, so that i coudl have an oxygen station, a fridge and cargo space

in the cockpit
    [​IMG]

looking down towards the cockpit
    [​IMG]

looking up toward the back from just outside the cockpit
    [​IMG]

oxygen station and fridge
    [​IMG]

cargo and stuff
    [​IMG]

i forgot i wanted a pic from the top down. Oh well.

Slam Jones and Otterbear like this.
  6. Tiv

Tiv Lieutenant

That's pretty big for a first SV, respect! And congratulations for your first take off. The first time leaving the atmosphere into space is just awesome isn't it? I still can memember my first steps into space :)

Otterbear likes this.
  7. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Started a new Survival on Akua entitled "Three Dot Seven" and went all nomadic for a few minutes until I found the back end of the crashed Talos. Shot down many, many drones while taking it over (and avoiding troop transports when possible) and eventually got it set up as a base. Since it was technically a CV and not a BA, no drone waves showed up when I turned it on.

Eventually built an SV and went to take out the nearby Weapons Factory. Tried to dig under it to shoot out the core, and got shot enough to lose the cockpit. Game over, basically.

But now, I'm going through Star Citizen crafts, looking for good ones to replicate, and/or draw inspiration from.

8. Milk

Milk Ensign

well.....earlier the game crashed. Start it again just now. Oh everything is still there........except my ship. It just vanished. I have an earlier save but everything I've done today has been lost. so what i did today in Empyrion? nothing........ I played nearly all day so that's a lot of hours. maybe 8. Pretty depressed about it. I mean building the ship again is out of the question, it would take me hours to figure out how it was built precisely. I wish you could do blueprints in survival....

well this is a pre release anyway so maybe it's time to play some other games and check the game out again in a few months. It's been a fun week at least.

9. Otterbear

Otterbear Commander

Unfortunately it looks like I'm with you on this...I sooo want to keep playing but, every game ends the same...upside-down. So, I'm just sitting here hoping my good vibes will speed up the process. The latest patch was encouraging sans the Tech-tree, but there is still quite a bit of work to be done. I may have to give this game a few weeks to get sorted out. :(

10. Tiv

Tiv Lieutenant

I tried to fly without Backwards-Thruster on my SV in creative and had much fun because no more automatic-break and endless drift in space. Was able to land in the space base with holding C while sliding on the runway. But the Landing Gears are buggy and catching on Block Connections what flipps the whole SV :/

Otterbear likes this.
  11. Baneus

Baneus Commander

Finally started work on the interior of my giant orbital station (during a break from Fallout). I've added the power section (currently sitting at 49 hours idle with a tone of space to add more fuel cells) and added 16 gravity generators (8 top and bottom). The entire centre section and walls are still gravity free so I'll have to add some there as well. Pics incoming when I get home (for some reason I didn't add them to my Steam account).

Otterbear likes this.
  12. Baneus

Baneus Commander

Screenshots as promised.

Station approach. You can see the guides on the docking port that I'm still using for symmetrical building guides
    [​IMG]
    Inside one of the two external control rooms (not really fleshed out yet)
    [​IMG]
    Corridor outside control room
    [​IMG]
    And then, BAM, exit out into the docking slot (later there will be a landing pad on the internal hull with a Hopper for each control room and more to the internal hull corridors)
    [​IMG]
    Docking slot, looking out from the inside
    [​IMG]
    External view (engineering) There's a landing pad on the bottom for the station Hopper servicing SVs and you can see the Gravity hubs lined along the top. There are guide rails still in place as I want to line the side gravity pods up with the ones on the top and bottom. Later they'll be removed.
    [​IMG]
    Inside one of the gravity pods (they're all identical, except the ones on the station floor are level and need no stairs)
    [​IMG]
    Inside the upper hull looking at the gravity pod rooms (later the entire section between the inner and outer hull will be lined with corridors to the various landing pads and other sections)
    [​IMG]
    Basic Engineering section (internal). Plenty of room for power expansion.
    [​IMG]

At each end of the Engineering section you can see corridors that will link to the dual Life Support and Gardening Sections. Along the bottom of the station will be six large landing pads for very large SVs. On the angled hull section at the bottom will be eight (four each side) mid sized landing pads for mediums sized SVs and on each side will be eight small SV landing pads (totalling sixteen). Each landing pad will have a small housing section for the pilot and be linked by corridors through the hull. At intervals near the landing pads will be public transport Hoppers.

At the rear of the Station will be a very large CIC section with supporting communal living areas, workshops and auxiliary power and life support sections.

I've mentioned the Hopper a few times. This is it parked under a Rifter on the Station floor.
    [​IMG]
    Essentially its just a cockpit with engines bolted on for getting around in. In a pinch it can be used as an unarmed scout as it has an O2 station and cargo pod attached.

Slam Jones likes this.
  13. ☢☢☢T♂X1C☁HAZARD☢☢☢

☢☢☢T♂X1C☁HAZARD☢☢☢ Lieutenant

Joined online server to try out, joined some group of people to start building a base , after few minutes , some guy came to server killed us all, and everybody left , including myself.

BOLSON likes this.
  14. mogwai

mogwai Ensign

Not done alot in game today..... fired up the game, go to resume game, nothing there. /scratches head.
    Start a new game - name already exists.... /scratches head again
    Spends an hour on google trying to figure it out - posts here and goes for coffee before starting from scratch again /facepalm

Absolutely loving the game by the way! The devs and community are the best i have come across to date! :D

15. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Put a couple nother minutes into my giant unnamed CV, mostly exterior detailing and getting the inside ready for rooms and hallways, instead of the 6 or 7 giant, mostly empty rooms it currently has.

Bow looking aft
    [​IMG]

Stern looking forwards
    [​IMG]

Engine room
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Additional pics in spoiler.

Random hallway to nowhere, might make this the dining hall
    [​IMG]

The bilge of the ship (very bottom-most room, directly behind the engine room)
    [​IMG]

One of the many empty rooms, this one is above the bilge and in front of the hangar bay
    [​IMG]

Another very large room above the hangar bay and above posted room. Currently has a hole on one side so smaller ships can fly into it. It's long enough that some SVs can reach full speed and then come to a full stop before hitting the opposite wall.
    [​IMG]

A room at the aft of the ship, directly above the hangar bay
    [​IMG]

The command center, devoid of... everything
    [​IMG]

Probably going to subdivide the larger rooms to use as quarters, and also to practice making cool-looking hallways.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  16. Bakkur

Bakkur Commander

Nice Nice any chance you share the Blueprint ?

17. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Soon! Probably at the end of next week. I'm going through and doing interiors and exterior painting, which are pretty much the last steps, but for a ship this big, little steps take a long time. Here's two samples of the interiors I've done so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hutchynet.sv73 likes this.
  18. Synzenia

Synzenia Ensign

Looks really nice Slam. I'd be interested in this blueprint when you're finished. I finally finished my Presidential Armored Vacation Retreat. Finally got it fully furnished. I'll upload pics/files today or tomorrow for it.

19. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Continued building my first CV. Started it in multiplayer survival on Saturday, later imported as blueprint into creative single player mode in fear of server crash.
    Wanted to experiment with complex symmetrical geometry on multiple planes.

Ship will be cruiser/carrier in size, will have multiple fighter hangar decks and twice the size the existing structure in the screenshots below.
    4.0.2_2015-11-24_16-26-39.png 4.0.2_2015-11-24_16-27-15.png 4.0.2_2015-11-24_16-28-47.png 4.0.2_2015-11-24_16-31-06.png

Serevanth and Slam Jones like this.
  20. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

@NafreiuX Looks awesome!

Yesterday, I worked a bunch with my clan on our CV (I added some side hangar bays capable of holding multiple of our biggest crafts, as well as some interior and exterior detailing) and before going to bed, built a new SV that I might sell to a clan member. Whoever offers me the most ingots :p

NafreiuX likes this.