What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Why the buggers would I downgrade my Rail Gun Count from Iji's amount in future Versions, especially after all SV Weapon Damage vs Hardened & Combat Steel got Nerfed, thus forcing more need for more Weapons...? :confused:o_O

Agreed. The only reason I use non-Directional Thrusters is cause I Embed my Thrusters into my Hull & want my space behind the Outer Hull to be Thruster Block Contribution to my Thrust as well & I refuse to use the cheese of burying a ton of Directional Thrusters fully buried with no escape for the Thrust cause it feel like outright exploit-type cheating. I wish there was a Slant Thruster & a Armored Thruster equivalent of the Large & Xtra large Thrusters... especially for use for down pointing Thrust.

With that said, i'd like the Directional Thruster ratio to stay the way it is & the ratio for all the other Thrusters to be buffed to be like the Directional Thruster so they're all even & what Thruster will fit into what spot on that part of your Design will be the dominant factor in what Thruster 'shape' ya wanna put where, when, & why. It'd be better if there was no 'best Thruster' in terms of stats & to hell with the rest of them.

Oh yeah, also, For the Topic: I got more work done on one of my [Classified] Projects, my Personal [Classified] Project is just awaiting some final testing, & i've decided that my Dragon Transport is screwed into having to be started over. After the Bug Fix it flies correctly again, but I have discovered that it turns out pre-Bug Fix the Generator & Power Info it was giving me was never correct previously, & I never even noticed before. I have now. Pre-Fix it was saying my 215 Large Generators (T1) was giving me 2,150 MW of Power... Post-Fix it's a damn absurd high over 10,000 MW Power... with all those Geenrators Integrated & Embedded into my Hull. Unfixable. With the bug fixed, I see now my design I was building around will never work so i'll have to start it over... but on the bright side my new Design can now Integrate the new better Generator & Fuel Tanks into it. Also, I can use the old design as a rough guide for the new one.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    nickt629 likes this.
  2. nickt629

nickt629 Lieutenant

this, this, and oh yeah THIS lol

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

No thanks I will keep my normal thrusters? Get up to speed faster stop faster lift faster desend faster. Directional thrusters for left right.o_O

Krenios likes this.
  4. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

Looks like someone here can't do the math correctly. Triple directional thrusters generate more force in total, for less amount of energy, than single normal thruster. Replace every normal thruster with 3 directional and you will not only move and accelerate faster, but also ship will consume less energy. Is it that hard to count?

5. Tyrax Lightning

Hey, please keep it civil. :(

For the Topic: I think i've gotten a [Classified] Project done, & I think my Personal [Classified] Project is now complete! My Personal [Classified] Project is now awaiting a chance to get Live Tested in Live Combat. :) (If it doesn't get Banned on Sight first...)

nickt629 and =TCR= Big_Red like this.
  6. TerraTec

TerraTec Ensign

...and the ship ist heavier. More weight => more energy / slower ship

7. Spikaner

Spikaner Lieutenant

Hmm evtl setup a new Server with more Planets, but i don´t find a German Howto :(

8. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

• Please watch your language!
    Another one who can't properly do the math, maybe we can make a list of retarded users? Increased mass isn't that big to compensate for energy saving form using more optimal engines.

Edited by Arturius1967:
    You got 1 warn point for inappropriate / insulting posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  9. TerraTec

TerraTec Ensign

I scrolled back to your comparison. Thank you for this.
    But on SVs with focus on minimal surface I should stay with normal thrusters?

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  10. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

directional thrusters are 1x1x1, seriously you can't fit them in your ship? Also when it will go into to the actual fight it will be a lot better to have 3 thrusters in different places (even with lowest health each) then only one. Never underestimate the power of redundancy.

11. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Hey off topic if there is a topic in this thread. We should still get back in the server and refuel everything again. Maybe go blow something up but not like last time lol.

12. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

hahahahahahahahah, I seem to recall being extremely lucky with that weapons testing facility, my rockets had made a bunch of holes which i nearly fell through, this prompted me to send my drone down... and well, what a sight that was !

Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Last few days :
    1. I finished my carrier / mobile ship fabrication facility
    20160718124047_1.jpg
    20160718121545_1.jpg
    I have even begun upgrades to the new generators and fuel cells. The Mako Shark Carrier (with old tanks and gens) is on my Steam Workshop

2. I Built 'Kirst' SV inside the carrier pictured above, and it worked damn well as a fabrication facility.
    20160718124530_1.jpg
    20160718125026_1.jpg
    Kirst is a very basic, simple, multi role sv, well except for taking on bases ... it's a bit on the sluggish side for that. She is is on my Steam Workshop as well

3. Started a new CV project, It's a bit of a strange beast... based on a catamaran style, I picture it as being at the heart of a mining operation
    20160722203812_1.jpg
    20160722205035_1.jpg
    20160722210113_1.jpg

Its quite industrial and very easy to get around inside (unlike the Mako), even the landing pads are old school open deals...
    It is not on steam yet as it still needs a warp drive installed and a few minor tweaks

14. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

Today's progressions, I cut out all the remaining trees from base proximity to make room for growing ship. Ecologists gonna be so pissed off, but for the other hand, they usually are anyway...

[​IMG]

The good news is that I can finally walk inside my ship on the ramp and elevators as intended.

15. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

To hell with ecologists, this is looking good

Tyrax Lightning and futontorpedo like this.
  16. Mysh

Mysh Captain

I've created a litte video about why I made specific design decisions while building the Kshatra Cruiser. I've got more vids on my german channel, but every video from now on will be available in english, too. :)

Have fun and maybe it inspires some of you. keep creating! :)

17. Tyrax Lightning

Rejoice! Ecologists have not been Implemented into the game! :D

Plus, it's not your fault that Tree Planting has not been Implemented. :p

For the Topic: I've begun Building on my new Dragon Transport to replace the one that the Implementation of Super Fuel Tanks & Super Generators obsoleted before it could even get done. While i'm at it, i'm also gonna try out some different strategies with it in regards to going about building some aspects of it. I'm gonna try to run this entire Ship on 4 T2 Large Generators. :)

Mysh likes this.
  18. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

Today I was working on interior in the middle section of the hull:

1) First was my productions and storage area, I try to make it looks as industrial as possible, by some little details, like air vents and walkway supports pillars (made of L+R flat corners 1x2 top placed next to each other with additional texture as finishing touch).

[​IMG]

2) Next was hangar control room, with clear view of what's going on in the hangar (hangar itself it's still not finished yet).

[​IMG]

3) Last but not least, the ship details, like main corridor and elevators covers (you have better look here on how "L+R flat corners 1x2 top placed next to each other" are presenting itself, in my opinions they imitate bulkheads/pillars nicely). Also I wanted to create elevator entrance that will cover the elevator shaft, but at the same time clearly indicate what's inside. I'm kind of happy with results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning and CrazyEd like this.
  19. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Updated my windows version today !

[​IMG]

This is not an 1985 PC !
    [​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning and CrazyEd like this.
  20. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral