What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Thats a..hm..flying...something?;):)

Tyrax Lightning, dpburke2 and Na_Palm like this.
  2. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

I haven't finished any of my large SV projects, but I think this is wider than any of the... but I am having trouble counting blocks. But I am certain that it is wider by a very good margin even if I lost count.

Jenniphurr and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. T431

T431 Captain

I'm not going to worry about size too much, It'll have a docking port so it can dock to the outside of CV's.

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  4. T431

T431 Captain

One more progress update for the night, I need some feedback on this asymmetrical element on top.
    20180923011110_1.jpg
    I also got some extremely basic texturing going on, and have a docking port on the rear.

5. Sparrowhawk65

Sparrowhawk65 Captain

Would you have a daytime picture? Feel like I'm in a dark room looking for a black cat. ;)

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  6. Ardaric Vaane

Ardaric Vaane Lieutenant

Just joined the forums today after 600 hrs into Empyrion, love the stories shared here, thanks!

Today in Empyrion, found Zascosium in my first 8.6 game and got bit by a scorpion like thing trying to mine it and got my first Dermal Parasite!! 12/10: would fly to strange world for exotic ores and catch alien dermal bugs again!!

7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Welcome to the forums!

8. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

I felt similar, but my guess is that they were trying to pique our interest but not give away too much. I didn't say anything because I have no grounds to stand on asking for a better pic.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

That's an interesting design. Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Jenniphurr and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. T431

T431 Captain

I've made a lot of progess here, it's starting to look like a ship now!
    20180923172725_1.jpg
    I also got a name for it:
    20180923172745_1.jpg
    These modular wings are also really great, I've found a neat use for them here.
    20180923172735_1.jpg
    In the rear you can see a large cargo bay with a special docking clamp tacked on, since this won't fit in any hangar door except for the largest 2 it's nice to be able to dock outside.

11. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Worked on the FA-011 today. It also has a name, which you'll understand from seeing the finished interior.
    The Geiger (Dual meaning: Geiger, as in geiger counter for detecting and measuring radiation. Giger as in HR Giger.)

Here's the front, untextured, at sunset. It's clearly visible, so if you can't see the image. Either you're going blind or your screen settings are set way too dark.
    [​IMG]

I've been doing the interior all day and it's basically finished. It's also perma-dark in there. This isn't minecraft; zombies don't spawn in dark places so it's meant to look dark and sinister.
    [​IMG]
    Living quarters off each side. Bridge is ahead, kitchen and elevator behind.
    [​IMG]
    The bridge. Surrounded by several layers of armor and fanciness.
    [​IMG]
    Bottom Deck. Airlock behind, stairs up to the Constructor Bay and elevator ahead.
    [​IMG]
    Comm Relay. This is the level above the bridge. The level below the bridge is the medbay.
    [​IMG]
    Engineering level. Generators, Gravity, a bit of storage, warp drive, etc... This is above the bottom deck and under the medbay.
    There is also the medbay (no screenshots of that place yet) and 2-3 unbuilt levels above the comm level that I have no clue what to put there.
    From the inside, the ship feels huge. However, from the outside it's smaller than most prefabs and the interior walls only have 3 blocks of space between them, with it bowing to 5 blocks out at the "domes" in the middle (living quarters) and at the "clamps" at the top and bottom of the ring (where the landing gears and drive thrusters attach).

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Looks fantastic!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  13. T431

T431 Captain

One last progress update for the night. The exterior of the T4-Vulture is nearly complete, all thrusters, fuel tanks, weapons and such are in place. Now it's time for the interior, and I've made a good start.
    20180923212239_1.jpg
    The cockpit is finished, and I'm quite happy with it. You get a near perfect view of your surroundings, something I don't see a lot of large SV's have, or any ship for that matter.
    20180923213325_1.jpg
    I've also made a start on the cargo bay, which will be divided into multiple rooms, there also is a staircase that leads up to the 2nd floor.
    20180923213339_1.jpg
    Here is the 2nd floor, and this is where the kitchen area will be, with fridges and a constructor. There's also a roof hatch in case you need one.

14. Taniyama

Taniyama Captain

Hiya everyone.

Just a quick update. Continuing on building Alaska Base, it’s of course slow going since I’m building in survival mode and I’m really beginning to run short on certain resources at this time. So it looks like I’m going to have to go and hunt them down.

As for the lift itself? I’m continuing trying to improve the basic design of the shaft and lift. There’s also multiple design aspects I’m testing around the base itself. Some are already showing positive results, but of course I’ve also had some failures.

As for the hanger deck?

I’d say it’s coming along just fine, have a look for yourselves.
    23-09-2018 - Alaska Base #1.png
    23-09-2018 - Alaska Base #2.png

I’ve got a deadline to meet by Saturday. So I won’t be able to work on it much over the next week, but if all goes well I’ll consider releasing it to the workshop soon.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  15. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

I killed a patrol drone.

Oops.
    That drone patrol won't come back in...
    I wonder if anyone will notice. :p

"Sir, drone X358A27 is late"
    "damnit, did it get stuck on Mountain 12FA2 again????"
    "Unknown, sir, you know we have no radar coverage in that area"
    "And if it got stuck sending another drone will just get another one stuck... and it's an awful trek on foot.... Fine. Note it in the logbook, and next foot patrol that's anywhere near there will unstick the fool thing again..."
    "Yessir. Noted in the log, sir."
    "D3, Ensign? What kind of a log entry is that?"
    *ensign blushes and stands ridgedly at attention "... Damn Dumb Drone, sir."
    "... abbreviation approved. Carry on, Ensign."
    "Yes, SIR!" *salutes with feeling*

(You KNOW that's what the AI is programmed to do... ;) )

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You didn't kill her...no, you saved her from getting stuck:D

Taniyama and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Buuuh

Buuuh Commander

After we explored our starsystem with our first CV, we prepared for an excursion of mining zascosium and erestrum on Aestus (food, water, fuel, and a mining-sv).
    When we started, we flew to Tallador moon to collect some pentaxid first. After that we jumped to Zeyphines on our way to Aestus. Arrived there (i don't even remembered, why we landed there) we noticed that our mining HV was not in the hangar anymore. It simply completely vanished. Since we already wondered lately why my teammate can't see the HV standing in our hangar but i could, we assumed it bugged somehow out of the game.
    So we needed to build a new HV for mining on Aestus, but had a lack of copper, silicone and sathium on out CV, so we mined copper and silicone on Zeyphines, then flew to Zeyphines moon, were we could get some sathium.
    When we got the needed things, we continued our journey to Aestus and finally achieved to mine some zascosium and erestrum.

18. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Hmm luxury… Huntress & Merc, very luxury sounding vehicles... but this aint a Holiday Resort, so this is fine.
    So i challenge thee, with my Vertigo Explorers ;)
    (the X's mark the unlock level)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While they look similar, they have a slightly different design apporach.

Enjoy ;)

19. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

This looks great! -ly used!!
    This definitly looks worth posting in my POI challenge: https://empyriononline.com/threads/sephs-challenge-1-civilian-pois-planet-specific-ba.44219/

20. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

Thank you sephrajin.

If i can manage to stay under class 10, now at 8.61 and in the time frame till 28th, then for sure!
    The lights are killing it, although i have put them all into sensor groups for activation...

This weekend i mostly finished the existing interior and began work on the living area. Medic, food and amenities will went there.
    ca. 70% finished on the outside parts.

NewGame_0_2018-09-24_19-27-22.jpg NewGame_0_2018-09-24_19-28-03.jpg

If i get the time i will try your new explorers on a tour around.