What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Finally got the CV-landingpad done (on top). With that placed there i also reduced the total height of the build a tad. Was originally planning to have a tower with crew-quarters going up there, but i rearranged some inside and got more than enough room for them there.

So aside from a little cleanup on the outer hull (and ofc texturing/paint) i think the general form of it is done.
    Due to its size its difficult to take a good pic of the entire outside, but here's a shot..
    20190118004936_1.jpg

Inside is still a mess though.. so a few more days needed there i think :sigh:

NOW... onto a little rant about power-consumption of cargo units again..
    I placed down some adv.constructors, de-constructors and furnaces. Since i know the ridiculous powerneed of CU's i only used as few as i could. 1 input and 1 output pr 3 constructors (4 sets), same with the de-constructors but only 2 sets of those and also same with furnaces (2 sets).
    Everything besides the CU's and Ventilators are turned off.. look at the pic below at the powerconsumption..
    20190118005108_1.jpg
    yeah... 9.53KPU for just UNUSED cargo ^^... why Eleon... just whyyyyy....

When i take into account the CU's i need to put up for general storage etc... this will become even more ridiculous..

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Apologies accepted, Captain Needa..ahem @Sephrajin :)

We like your Builds anyway:D

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Oh, man..that looks great! Will be a nightmare to collect all that Metal for producing it:eek:

4. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

*looks at size class*......................................why not a death star then?

j/k tho its sexy as hell, way to big for my PC

5. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

This will be my "endgame" station.. whatever that may be in time :)
    I use the "dont deplete" option for autominers, so resources is not a issue given enough time. I also reclaim all POI's and leave nothimg behind.. so that helps as well.. but yeah, it aint gonna be a cheap build

Would it help to lower settings? What is your current aproximate "limit" for class/size?

6. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

its more the game limites then me, anything about size class 20-25 is unplayable to me

Tyrax Lightning and Ann|e Noa|m like this.
  7. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Sorry to hear that man :( onlytime i get a issue in performance is when there are many ships/buildings in one place... like when i was building my carrier (took a break from that build), that one is around class 50.. that ship alone goes fine, but when i added in the 10 fighters in the fighterbays and 4 Arenaen SV's on upper deck + about 10 HV's in the hangar... then the lag/stutter got real for me

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

... This reminds me... my Tyrax Dwarf Mole is now VERY obsolete... *Starts plotting & scheming Descendant...*

Ann|e Noa|m, dpburke2 and geostar1024 like this.
  9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That is one awesome station!

10. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Was planning on making a giant shipyard to house my biggest CVs... Then realized that I only have a few CVs, so I decided to make a big CV so i'd know the dimensions for the shipyard. Things kinda spiralled out of control at that point.
    I made 2-3 failed attempts at CVs that just weren't good enough... So I started a new one that just kept growing until it hit the max size limit in length. It'll probably take me at least a week to finish the thing, but the top half of the outer shell is mostly complete.
    It's ended up being vaguely based on a ship I saw somewhere a while ago but can't remember the specific shape. Except I remember really not liking the back of that ship.

Well, here's what i've done today on it. The current WIP designation is: FA-033 Super Dreadnought
    12 Terranigma_2019-01-19_02-07-10.png
    You can see one of the old failures in the background in front of the planet.
    12 Terranigma_2019-01-19_02-07-32.png
    Size class is currently 3.
    I'll probably tear huge chunks out of it and add new details so it doesn't look so much like that other ship. It was pretty plain in terms of details.

Faith, Greyshrimp, AlbaN and 11 others like this.
  11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

OK, now I begin to understand how the Ship Graveyard came into existence... some of you loaded up his game to the Devs and they took over all your Building failures:D:D:D

Btw., promising features of your USS Texas;):p

12. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

That ship looks way cool already :) Love to see the finished product... or even another update about the progress before its finished..

13. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Nope... ship graveyard came to be after Hummel-O-War read the steam-reviews and it dawned upon him that most gamers are blatant idiots that have no understanding what "early access" means. He subsequently downloaded the 10 first ships he found in workshop and went to town on them with nothing but a shotgun and a level of hate not seen since the first religions were founded ,-)

14. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

malrose1, Maverick241, AlbaN and 6 others like this.
  15. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Continued to work a little on the "look" and interior of the base today.. Tried many main-textures for the outer hull before i settled with the one i have now.. and the color of choice? yeah..it's gonna be black. Gonna put in some elements of red/orange and perhaps cyan on the outer hull too, but that will not be today :D

Outside after main texture and paint was applied..
    20190118215236_1.jpg

Little further away..
    20190118215251_1.jpg

To solve the entrance to the base from the large CV-deck i chose to go with stairs under the repairbay down to elevators which leads into a room where the repair-console and access to main elevator shaft is:
    20190118215218_1.jpg

Main elevator shaft.. not for ones with fear of heights..
    20190118214610_1.jpg
    20190118214640_1.jpg

The main hangars are not done (either), but i can already see that getting sufficient lighting in there will be a challenge.. Hard to see since so much is just black still, but yeah..
    20190118214838_1.jpg

That was the status-update for today. Now it is time for some food and more SG-1 i think.. (really wanna make that Asgard Mothership, but that will have to wait :p )..

Faith, Greyshrimp, Donbingo and 13 others like this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That is going to look amazing when done!

That is one awesome station!

Tyrax Lightning and Ann|e Noa|m like this.
  17. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

This Looks awesome!
    Have fun (and endurance) with the details! :rolleyes::p

Maybe I should continue with my 'stalled' MAUL Spawndock… currently around 'class' 99 somewhat halfway'ish done.
    I still have no idea how the hive for that should look like, guess I'll figure it when it's ready - whatever feels natural :)

18. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I suspect everyone must have their own ship graveyard. Where all their failed designs sit rusting.
    Someone needs to make a graveyard thread for failed creations.

Also, not the Texas.

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

oh, yes, you are right...BB33...USS Arkansas...not a Super Dreadnought (as Texas):p

Ann|e Noa|m and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Why american super-dreadnoughts? The Nagato was a super-dreadnought for japan and post-war was used for multiple nuclear weapons tests (which it survived, but was highly radioactive and eventually sunk due to old unrepaired damage).