What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

I reworked one my original HV's with the new shapes and CE's. I tested with weight and balance enabled. It took longer than I anticipated to test and there is still a balance issue left to right when loaded up. It appears stuff loaded on the right weighs more that stuff loaded on the left. Both sides are even and have equal capacities too. But if you are careful loading her up I have carried over 40 tons home with this little thing.

Austere

Newversion_2_2016-01-24_19-08-25.jpg NewGame_3_2019-02-05_10-44-10.jpg

2. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Thanks man :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

So I have a base coming very very soon! Been far to long! Just a few more of logic to set up but here are some sneak peeks for those that do not follow ZeroG on Discord! Anyway Screenie time!
    Front:
    [​IMG]
    Booty:
    [​IMG]

4. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Old and new side by side. I won't do the full detail, but I will at least transfer some of the paint job before updating the workshop. This is another of my conversions to 7500 CPU.

At the time I built the original Red Hawker, I did not quite understand how superior the S thrusters were for a starting SV. And after I understood, I debated making the change but I always chose to keep that SV as it was because the S thruster did not have the one thing I really liked, the sloped block. No fun shapes. No S thruster.

Well, CPU gives even more superiority to the S thrusters. So to build a version of the Red Hawker that is at 7500 CPU, I made the switch. Which also meant shaving off some of the shape I had grown so fond of. The Red Hawker was my biggest, heaviest starting SV. No cobalt or sathium, but with spaces prepared for two constructors, a warp drive and warp drive fuel tank. Over 100 tons. All those thrusters, generators, fuel tanks, and RCS add up. The new version is 2 meters shorter. The rear pods are not as big. Plus, two of the guns have been moved under the cockpit where I used to have two thrusters. The new version is under 50 tons and half the cost.

A9 DI_2019-02-05_21-46-26.png

The original had a minimum of 21 m/s^2 in a six directions with a little extra punch for vertical takeoff and accelerating forward. If it wasn't for CPU, it technically should have been possible to beat that. However, to keep the SV under 7500 and still have 2000 SU in storage, I had to accept weaker side thrust, forward, up and down. Back thrusters still have a decent kick to provide forward acceleration.

Oh, and the reason I am comverting this SV? Because I want to take a break from creative and play survival. While I have another SV compliant with CPU and the new volume-mass system, I really wanted to play with one of my Hawker SVs.

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Looking Great! A "On-Shore"-Base, so to speak!;-)

6. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

As a Norwegian, that is a concept i have never heard off before in my very long lifetime :D

Tyrax Lightning and Jenniphurr like this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

A few small changes can drastically alter the look and feel of a planet:

20190206030527_1.jpg

But to make it more unique, it needs some unique POIs! Beginning stages of a Polaris-owned Sanctuary. Inspiration for the design came from a dream I had years ago. It's just the beginnings of a wall right now, not much to look at yet. :D

20190206030130_1.jpg

8. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I have been rather busy building PvP class ship for use on HWS.

However today I threw together this little gem as a tiny PvE rescue pod / shuttle I can use to rescue stranded players, detached from ship in orbit etc
    It is much more efficient at the task than my typical SV and is quick to move around, armed, fitted with everything.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1646668238

1.png

4.png

9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

You're right it does. haha Like a late 80s or early 90s Heavy Metal Band..

Tyrax Lightning and ravien_ff like this.
  10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

This is pretty EPIC. I wished the devs would add Sand Storms in Empyrion . I could see them looking exactly like this.

11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Finally got my Hv built in survival with this volume and weight system turned on. Is it just me or do things take a lot longer with this new system.?

Screenshot (548).png

Screenshot (549).png

Screenshot (551).png

12. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

More interior work today. Also changed the ship's name from the FA-033 Millenium to the FA-033A Red Millenium to set it apart name-wise from "millenium falcon". I think i'll do a blue version next, which would be a quick recolor. Of course, i'd need to finish the ship itself first and i'm probably around 1/3 completed on the ship's interior.
    Let's see, I did another of the central corridors that's something of an extension of the hospital corridor. From it, this large area consists of a ramp at the end of the corridor leading down to the lower decks.
    On the left side of this corridor is the Armory, Firing Range and Battle Simulator. For certain legal reasons I can't show you the armory or battle simulator at this time.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-07_02-49-14.png
    This is the firing range. It's pretty standard.

On the right side of the corridor is the Recreation areas consisting of a Grav-Ball arena and a small cinema. It was gonna be a basketball court, but there's nothing that would work as a hoop in the right size and the ground lines don't match up at CV scale.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-07_02-48-46.png
    Here's the gravball arena. Contains a Gravity Generator in the shielded booth on the right (gravitates the central section of the ship) and a concession stand for ship games.
    I'm sure I could probably come up with some kind of ruleset for this fictional game. For some reason, the fictional space game "Bound" was accepted into official lore for Star Citizen in a Lore Builder competition so i'm apparently good at designing these kinds of games, despite hating sports. That was like 2 years ago and I haven't checked out what happened with it.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-07_02-48-17.png
    And here's the cinema. I needed something to fill the space and I was gonna go with a gym, but there's nothing that could really work as gym equipment.

13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Textured my Building, not sure if I should enclose the open space now too. As someone else pointed out, Solar Power and CC/CE does not like each other and Solar Energy produced is eaten away by those CC/CE units in no time.

Next structure will be the Campus Martius, where I intend to build my first HV, hopefully large enough to carry some stuff and provide Fire Support for POI "cleaning".

14. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

Finally got the 2 seated medium fighter ready for your pleasure and mine of cource :)

It got a full 2 story pressurized cockpit for a pilot and a gunner.
    Exiting the lower seat is a bit tricky as you have to make a small jump to the right side or shortly use the above seat and exit then...
    Machineroom is in the back and everythink can be accessed without using the 'P' menu.
    The cargo is accessable from the outside. Behind the connection of mainbody and weapon/thruster arms, under the plating.
    Exit door/ramps are automated.

Fully loaded the downward thrust goes down to 26 m/s from 30 m/s if empty.

Dragon Medium Fighter:
    Building 9.3_2019-02-06_15-12-22.png
    Building 9.3_2019-02-06_14-48-00.png
    Building 9.3_2019-02-06_15-05-02.png Building 9.3_2019-02-06_15-09-50.png Building 9.3_2019-02-06_15-09-32.png Building 9.3_2019-02-06_15-10-03.png

more screens and download:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1646773691

15. Furious Hellfire

These are 3 pvp sv I made this week, just solid through and through anti lagshot armour with a buried open cockpit, many weapons.

The one on the right was the first build,and it went head to head with a heavy PvP CV on HWS and lasted 10 minutes at least in head on battle.
    The other 2 are not as thick at the front as you can see, but will survive an escape as well as have a good fight with an sv.

Designed with the concept of turning your nose to the enemy, taking all the damage on the front end.
    The fronts should absorb well, the backs will absorb but obviously not as much for as long so if your going to run and warp out you better do it asap.
    Weapons are placed back and rear and protected a bit.

Left and centre are both class 1 with warp drive buried in the rear and as yet are untested in battle. Aimed at players who want to mine in pvp and have a chance of escaping or turning to fight for a bit of fun.

The right side ship has the warp drive in front of the cockpit area and is just about class size 2.

I will publish these ships soon, I know a lot of people dont share the pvp designs but I will share some at least.
    I will be working on some PvP CV designs next as well as more PvP SV designs, getting ever tougher.

All testing on HWS PvP territory.

2313.png

16. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

@Furious Hellfire
    I know very well that my designs are'nt for PVP as i'am mostly SP or Coop...
    but i'am interrested in how many RCS and thrusters are you useing for them?

17. Furious Hellfire

Hiya, I built a lot of ships myself for general pve coop play, though none of them are suitable for PvP I am afraid.
    The nature of lagshot.
    I just started getting my teeth into the PvP side of empyrion and these were just test vessels.

The class 2 has 118 RCS atm with room for plenty more in place of lagshot armour.
    also 89 thrusters.

Middle one has 64 thrusters and 62 rcs

and the smallest 47 thrusters and 40 rcs

The mostly wide not forward design gives better steering by nature, so less RCS are required.

Ultimately I was aiming at having a class 1 for use on certain pvp planets on HWS where class 1 only SV are allowed.
    Oh and only 1x3x1 jet thrusters throughout all builds except class 2 where I slipped ina couple of 2x5x2

18. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

Ihk, thats even more than i have thought they would have.....
    I hope that the devs are aware of the amounts of devices used in PVP when they are further developing the new CPU value.

My for now canceled assault shuttle is only at 49 RCS and 36 thrusters and breaks the CPU value by the double.
    And has most likely less generators than yours...
    Building 9.3_2019-02-06_20-35-45.jpg

19. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

20. Furious Hellfire

If I was you ignore CPU for now, even when it kicks in, servers like HWS have custom their config to give like 22k cpu default already.... It is something you can set gameside yourself.
    And if all servers will have custom setting then there is no point building anything to the default limit that your seeing.

This means your ships even breaking cpu will be fine on servers like HWS, and no doubt other servers who will seek to set their own max cpu count higher.

My PvP ships here no doubt break the default count by plenty.

As far as I am concerned CPU dont exist yet, you should treat it the same way. You will be a lot happier and might continue your build.