What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I made my first all out PvP CV last night, it was aimed to be size 1 but reached size 2 so I have changed the purpose on this model as it was originally intended for pure combat on a class 1 restricted play field.

As it failed my size restrictions I decided to stick a drill turret on the nose and give it a chance as a small pvp mining ship.
    Also she can be useful as a support ship for larger CV in a battle.
    Being fairly small and cheap it wont cost a lot to produce.

The anti lag shot armour should protect you and your warp drive long enough for you to get away if you come under attack from larger vessels when you are out mining.

She has 12 fixed lasers and 8 fixed rockets for HWS meta but has no turrets, they can be stuck on as needed.

If she had stayed class 1 she might have had a chance fighting other class 1 cv, but now being a miner working in space at class 2, it is not recommended to face off another cv opponent in this ship, they will most likely grind you out first because they will no doubt be larger.
    That does not mean you wont have fun trying though :D
    She has some bright glow cyan features, the idea was to give it a more neutral pve look from a distance but also friendlies can spot me easier in a crowd should it be used as a combat support ship.
    4.png
    5.png

And since this model is no longer intended for sustained 1 on 1 battle but rather mine and run, I gave it a little bit of luxury on the bridge lol.
    Yes yes that is all space that could have extra anti lag shot armour, but it already has enough at the front and since it will mostly be used as a mining getaway vessel it should not matter too much about the bridge.
    I even dropped 2 passenger seats there and there is a gravity gen hid out back.
    I have access from the cockpit area to the warpdrive/core for quick replacement
    The walls ceiling and floor are using pyramids.
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png

I also put patches on to be replaced with faction tags with coloured backgrounds like flags.
    The patches are 1x3 but underneath there is a large 3x9 version you can use also.
    6.png

So ultimately we have a light mining PvP class ship with the ability to support larger ships in battle.

I will be pushing more pvp cv starting this week specifically now that I am assured I must enclose and hide all my thrusters.... but hey PvP in empyrion is a completely different game, different ships, may as well be separate titles...

EGS PvE (Where things make some sense, be pretty, be complicated and intricate)
    EGS PvP (where simplicity and lack of realism is required in order to play with any hope of surviving, but its still a lot of fun)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Maybe I didn't read the full Alpha 9 release notes but I had no idea that weight of your cargo now adds physical weight to your ship. I loaded up all my cargo boxes on my HV and my HV didn't have enough thrust to move. I had to lighten the load in order to move my hv. To test out this theory even more I added more thrusters and a large hover engine to my hv. My HV did move but it would not get up to full speed

3. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Yeah its a real kicker when you first experience that :p kinda catches you off guard.
    When my SV went down instead of up holding space after loading a t2 gen aboard xD
    I was even expecting the weight resistance but it was then I realised even with superior down thrust my typical sv have, you cant go around carting all manner of BA/CV blocks in a sv anymore.
    Which does make total sense i guess because some of those gadgets way kilotons lol
    The game is changing, I decided to just blend in with it and take it as it comes, in the meantime I am working in the PvP sector xD

4. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Yeah.. i love the new weight system (except the ¤#§"#¤§ powerconsumption of the CU/CE) :) It have provided many a WTF-moments after looting POI's or trying to move stuff from one base to another.. It forced me to change the way i build my stuff, and that i find both interesting and challenging.. like balancing where cargosystems are within a build to keep the vehicle steady (some of my old builds tipped over to one side or front back :D ).
    Having such things to think about when building made it even better than before imo.

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I replaced one of my -1 CC+29 CE's with normal Containers and the PU-Consumption was reduced from 805 to 505 PU.

6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Still working on that interior...
    Finished a bunch of central deck rooms and 18 bedrooms for the lower crew today.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-09_01-45-52.png
    This is one of the crew bedrooms. There's so much space inside the ship that even the lowest crewmember gets a queen size bed and a spacious room. There are 18 more just like this on this one deck.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-09_01-47-44.png
    Ammunition Magazine for the Mid battery.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-09_01-48-34.png
    Communications room for the combat bridge.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-09_01-48-50.png
    Forward power distribution room.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-09_01-49-20.png
    Server room 01. Located behind the combat bridge and clad in combat steel, it houses the ship's core.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-09_01-50-26.png
    Ventilation ducts that supply O2 to most of the rooms on the upper decks and all the new crew bedrooms. There's a vent behind the wardrobe. Wardrobes are not airtight and cover a full block so they're a good way to get air into a room without having a visible ventilator.
    There's lots of little gaps like this between rooms and floors, so I just left them semi-empty to form ventilation systems.
    12 Terranigma_2019-02-09_00-56-44.png
    And here we have a progress report. Green is completed. Orange contains floors and corridors but no walls/rooms. The entire bottom 2 levels and front of the ship are still empty.

I also forgot to take screenshots of the Laundry room.
    There are also a ventilation and pipe routing room and 3 storerooms that I didn't take screenshots of because they're pretty ordinary.
    Took the ship for a test flight since i've added all those heavy interior rooms and it performed fine. Handles like a cruise ship instead of a jet fighter, which is expected. Needs more horizontal thrusters though as it's a bit slow to strafe.

7. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

I spent some time trying to get sensors to work more than once without shutting off. It cannot be done, version 9 is a solid step backwards, in oh so many ways.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I kind of like this feature too because now you have to build cargo ships and these ships will need bigger engines than you would use on a normal ship.

9. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Actually, I had already seen that HV miner, faved and upvoted. However, I did not take it for a test drive. Having been studying CPU these past few weeks, my initial estimate is that the HV in question might be barely over 7500 CPU, if those are M thrusters. Of course, my estimate could be off. I will look again, as in a game where I can really see it for myself. Not sure how CPU will shake out in the end, but I have been trying to collect "data points" of what can be done. It has changed my perspective of CPU somewhat. And by personal evaluation, it is actually making more apparent the lack of larger thruster options for HV.

Tyrax Lightning and Ann|e Noa|m like this.
  10. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

Holy bat on a stick... one of my builds got featured by Spanj and XCaliber on youtube ^^ I've been watching them for some time now and having them team together to show off workshop-builds was an idea i loved... and then seeing them feature the NSI Pilgrim was something i could not even dream of :D

The fame.... i will get rich.. ladies will faint in my presence... I SHALL BE PRESIDENT IN THE US OF A!!!!! MUhaahahah..

Watch, subscribe to them both and like their content please (if you do like it though).. They are doing some amazing stuff on their channels!

11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ooo, Data Points... ya might wanna co-op with @geostar1024 on this. Last I knew he's also been plotting & scheming on this front... 2 Points of View might be better then 1 on this. :)

For the Topic: HV Build got done then it got its Test Run... i'm a bit worried about the results of this, so i'm currently on the fence on if this is gonna work or fail as a Build Strategy...

Ann|e Noa|m and dpburke2 like this.
  12. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

I don't think I am plotting or scheming. I am just a mere player attempting to gain an understanding and trying to offer references of what is possible. I will leave it up to someone else to decide what needs to be done to balance/fix CPU. But I also think my exploration of this revealed draft of CPU is useless if kept to myself, so I have been posting the results in a thread under "FAQ and Feedback". Very appropriate since my efforts are to offer early feedback on CPU, examples of its potential impact as is. Dang! Now you've got me wanting to finish my heavy tank conversion. I so wanted to play survival instead of creative, but that tank was going to be a wonderful example of two things. One, that a heavy tank is possible at 7500 CPU. Two, that CPU is not kind by any means to the heavy tank. It is one thing to say CPU proves that the HV is lacking in bigger, better thruster options for late game and bigger builds, but that conversion would be my proof, my evidence, that HV really need those larger thrusters to work with CPU. I actually hit my spreadsheets to crunch some numbers, and my estimate is that even a crappy large thruster could save CPU and recover at least some of the performance my heavy tank lost in trying to convert to 7500 CPU. T2 RCS, generators and fuel tanks would help too. But mostly, the HV suffers the worst of all the BP types for lack of those later thrusters. Still, curses. Now I feel I ought to complete the proof of this. And I had just finished the Red Hawker yesterday to a point that I would use it in survival....

Tyrax Lightning and Ann|e Noa|m like this.
  13. Donbingo

Donbingo Captain

14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I watched it 6 minutes after it was released and my first thought was to point you towards it. As soon as I heard @spanj rambling about your name AND Gender I had to put it straight in the comments (Yeah, Friedrich August I, Kurfürst v. Sachsen - thats me).

15. Ann|e Noa|m

Ann|e Noa|m Captain

hehe.. :D I don't know why i still use this name, besides that it's what my gamingfriends know me as (in most games except EvE).
    It is pronounced Annie Noaim (as in Annie with no aim), but yeah... not a biggie at all :p Just thrilled someone else likes what i build really

PS! That is a cool name you have btw, sounds very royal. Should i bend a knee when addressing you? :D

XCaliber, ravien_ff, dpburke2 and 2 others like this.
  16. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I have thought it a cool name from the first time I saw it.

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Todays work: Another bridge :D and guest house in the background

upload_2019-2-8_22-27-35.png

upload_2019-2-8_22-28-13.png

18. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Loyalty is all i ask for;).

The Name was chosen by me in honor of my Dad who was born 1939 in Dresden and because Saxony is the Country I admire. And as Wargamer and Miniature Collector/Painter I raise several 28mm Saxon Armies from the enemies of Rome to 1945. You find pictures of my collections here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/156481485@N04/albums

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Those new blocks were why I couldn't show several rooms.