What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

For "Madalorian" Lore MM did not have to bring up new Fantasy because most of it was already there. From the Rise of Mandalore until death of the last "Mandalorien" Jango Fett. If from the Clone Ware Series or from Episode 2 and 3. It was all there. So with the least effort getting the most out of it. Its Disney, ya know?

Tyrax Lightning and Minelaus like this.
  2. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

i meant the series "the mandalorian" , this is currently playing long after jango and boba's death , and plays in the new republic, because the series came from disney + i was very surprised that the series was very lore"in relation to the movies :D" and not this extreme sjw propaganda like "the force awakens and last jedy ", so i think MM just have overlooked it or she can't put her stamp on it .

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Haven't seen the Mandalorian, not going to pay for service for one show, especially a service I'd have no other use for otherwise.
    I've heard a lot of people say a lot of good things about it, but... not enough for me to want to dig in my pockets.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

That's what piracy is for.
    There's also Star Wars Clone Wars. It's... decent.
    Anyway, finished my latest POI build. Unfortunately, can't post screenshots without compromising secret stuff. Probably.

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Just post the pictures....you can delete it afterwards and then pretend "nobody have seen anything";):D

Minelaus and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Marbod

Marbod Commander

I was in this film with my wife and her sister... The moment he took the helmet off... Both... "This hair! Under a helmet! Never!"

7. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Germanicus... oh for shame! :p

Minelaus likes this.
  8. Minelaus

Minelaus Captain

today i did not mutch "not mutch time today" just playing a little bit arround with hover stuff ;) but the ressult is ok :D
    [​IMG]

Marbod, Ephoie, SacredGlade and 7 others like this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Today I traveled a bit around the Star System... only to find another Dead Planet with an increased Alien Drone Presence around it. Funny Bunch I can say and full of Goodies.;)

My CV behaved as hoped and pummeled them swift into submission and ready to be checked for Contraband :D.

ExtLevEvent-191230-1712_2020-01-24_00-43-35.png ExtLevEvent-191230-1712_2020-01-24_00-27-22.png

After cleaning up a bit around the Planet I made a landfall and found the Drone Array bristling with Flak Turrets. It took me three attack runs - retreating twice to recharge the Shields - to finally wear it down with the fire of 10 Mini Gun Turrets.

All while listening to Subnautica Music which gave the whole Situation an eerie Feeling;):D.

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I would be interested in hearing how your CV does against Drone Nullifiers or Drone Mothers if you find any in space. :D

11. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Captain

Hello @ravien_ff

Today I have done something what I have not done for long. I sat down to actually play Empyrion. I tried your scenario on the dead planet and I found entertaining. The only thing I could suggest is to have more variety of ruins there to make it perfect. I managed to go one of the moons of the planet and set up a base there.
    (Thanks to the countless bugs and the player crippling crap what Eleon introduced to the game in the last one and half year I just could not take it any longer. I might sit down again with it some day)

Anyway, I also want to say thank you for using my prints in your scenario, I finally had some fun to see how DistubedZ handled the traps in the Archives. I had a good laugh on his reaction when he was checking the walls on the corridor with the multi tool, and found the turret behind the trapdoor:D. It could have been more fun if he play the game in normal difficulty, but at least he got there.

I probably roll out a "Data hyperlink" POI soon. The top part mostly done and at the moment I just want to build a tower to hold it.

DH Top.jpg

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Thank you so much for your awesome creations! I haven't watched his episodes where he did the Karana POIs because I want to be surprised on my own survival playthrough in Alpha 12. :D

Yes I definitely need to add more ruins to that planet. Just haven't had time yet.

malrose1 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Made an HV then discovered that retractable turrets are just cosmetic and the damn thing cant dock due to the top turrets invisibly getting in the way of the top landing pad.

So, reported bug which apparently it isn't (?!?) and parked that as a lost cause. Then discovered I have the same issue on my CV that I spent ages putting together - you guessed it - retractable turrets on the bottom - ugh!

Next up - lets make a sled for my HV to get it into space (so HV can ride on the SV as evidently top docking is never going to work with top turrets of any kind with a huge pylon to raise the docking pad up).

New discovery - apparently thing cant dock when they have something docked to them (ie SV cant dock on my CV while carry the HV). Come back Space Engineers - all is forgiven (well maybe not the lag fest, but I guess we cant have everything).

Went back to work on the HV and CV some more - other than game bugs/limitations (or whatever they get filed under) getting in the way, both coming along nicely...

HV is a small T1/L5 initial build the upgrades to T2/L10 multi-role miner + camper van with pest control etc. Also has up/down thrusters to improve asteroid mining.

Creative_2020-01-24_07-20-29.png

CV is decent size mobile base that is relatively cheap to get going with as its a T1/L10 build with useful upgrades up to T3/L20+ so it is always useful.

Creative_2020-01-24_07-25-03.png Creative_2020-01-24_07-27-10.png

Warp capable SV low loader / dropship for lugging HV to orbit and returning with ill gotten gains . Build is T1/L10 with upgrades to T4. Body is kind of like a Huey - side doors on both sides with creature comforts - storage, constructor, ox, etc.
    Creative_2020-01-24_12-14-43.png The back 'trailer' part with an HV loaded
    Creative_2020-01-24_12-15-44.png

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Going to try something with this prison transport:

20200124014540_1.jpg

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Do you try to be smarter than a certain AstroDroid "Escapee"? ;):D

Tyrax Lightning and ravien_ff like this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Assuming the signal logic works like I think it should, I'll be able to use signal logic to have players find keycards and unlock doors with them, without needing physical items or using the PDA. Though the PDA can still be used to guide players through it.

There are new keycard items that can be used with the PDA, but I want to save those to use when I need a physical item (such as obtaining a keycard in one POI and using it in a different POI).

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Here I be a Witness of a Tragedy rather than a Victor of a Battle:rolleyes:

ExtLevEvent-191230-1712_2020-01-24_01-25-36.png

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Looks like they weren't as lucky as you. :D

Tyrax Lightning and Germanicus like this.
  19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Or I have more wits not to play around with the Nullifer....was definitely to much for my ship or ship construction...didn't stand a chance.:(

ravien_ff and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Ah yes, the classic Sticky Tree Trap... I know it well.
    Just wait until that happens to an SV and you can't actually get out of it. I've had to call for an airstrike a few times to have someone else blow up said infernal tree.