What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Not sure what one is worse, actually have several that are in the group of really annoying workings.
    One I become more and more annoyed of, is looting with the drone. You have to close the inventory/container before F5 to remove the drone.
    So when get the "loot all" button fixed it ought to work so it put stuff in inventory without opening anything. If full then give the message and you have to choose using the standard loot/interact.
    Along with missing separate setting for drone movement sensitivity.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Searching for mushrooms on the Arid-Planet....AAAAAAAAAHHH:mad:

3. lucyrocketdog

lucyrocketdog Ensign

Mining is so unpleasant, I dislike it more than anything else. I dislike it because I don't get feedback from the mining, I just randomly drill away with my T1 drill and ore magically goes into my inventory. I don't see the color disappear off the wall at the same time the ore goes into my inventory. The colored spots on the wall don't mean anything. I expect each spot of color is a spot where ore is rich, but that's not the case. So I just drill away and it feels so unsatisfying.

JinM likes this.
  4. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

@Germanicus
    Do not need mushrooms on (SP) Arid start, I got enough health stuff from ground troops. Can find a POI to camp for spawning too.

5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

By the sounds of it, you're mining an ore than generates in nodes like Promethium.
    In which case, the spots on the wall are not ore on the wall, that's your ore detector showing you the outline of an ore node. Distance is somewhat difficult to determine with just a glowing outline, but you just have to keep mining towards it. When you reach it you'll find it looks like a gem-encrusted rock and after a bit of grinding on it it'll burst with a loud rock-breaking sound and you'll see a large quantity of ore deposit in your inventory on the item pop-up tab in the lower left corner.
    For regular ores, afaik it functions based on the amount of ore voxel-terrain you deform.

6. lucyrocketdog

lucyrocketdog Ensign

I'm mining regular ore, where you deform the terrain. The ore is "loosely associated" with the colored patches on the wall, but it's not very precise. I can remove a piece of terrain that contains a slash of blue, but no ore is generated. That's what makes it feel so random --there's nothing to actually point my drill at. ( I don't think it was always like this). I'm not talking about the blue outlines, I mean the other type of ore, without the outlines. Every time I remove a slash of color from the wall, I expect to get something for it, but I don't.

It's not the end of the world or anything--it's just the activity I find least fun about Empyrion.

7. Osfognarg

Osfognarg Lieutenant

Mine would be having to go to the control panel every time I want to turn something on or off. Especially with the new retractable turrets, which I leave extended. The reason I do is because it's really a pain when you find yourself in a dogfight and have to open the CP, switch your turrets on, close the CP and *then* try and find where your enemy is... and that's assuming he hasn't killed you while you were turning your weapons on. It would be very helpful if there were some way to hook control panel commands to keybinds. Or make Signals bindable. That way a player could possible control several operations with one key press.

8. Rifter

Rifter Lieutenant

SV turrets for sure as mentioned in post above this. There absolutely needs to either:

a) be a hotkey to deploy them
    b) have default behavior be to have them out not in.

9. SpaceBird

SpaceBird Ensign

Mining, or more specifically, clearing terrain by hand drill that is. It is painfully slow even with the T2 drill. Drilling through stone is the worst, it takes so long and I burn through so much ammo just trying to clear a POI of the terrain to loot em.

10. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

I'd like to also throw in that, we have shift click and ctrl click for adding 10 and 100 of something to constructor queues, but I'd really like Shift+Ctrl+Click to add 1000 (or maybe 999). Queuing up a bunch of armored concrete or power cells is ultra tedious.

11. Thivik

Thivik Commander

Digging up Crashed CVs, I wouldn't mind digging up access to doors or external parts, but it makes no sense that dirt/rock permeates the entirety, there should be MUCH less dirt on the inside specially for closed compartments

12. Thivik

Thivik Commander

The numpad trick works fine and doesn't require macros, use any of the number pad keys as a secondary for what you are wanting to repeat, holding they numpad key down, turn off num lock, now until you press the primary key or turn back on numlock, you are continually, flying, drilling, jumping, sprinting, whatever

stanley bourdon likes this.
  13. Thivik

Thivik Commander

Same here, One thing I have found is that if you completely dismantle an enemy POI of sufficient size on a non standard color planet (like ice) you can see the patch of discoloration created from its remove from space, so I usually put my base there.

14. Thivik

Thivik Commander

I hadn't really considered the power off of the CV, but you are rights, that's just plain awful, they need to provide a way to fix CV while still leaving power on, maybe just all thrusters and weapons off line? Also, the SV/HV docked issue seems silly, it should just leave them anchored (not even try to fix them, or allow for another option to fix all docked vehicles)

15. Thivik

Thivik Commander

I would like to be able to assign Keys to those groups so that I can turn things on and off using the keyboard

StingRay likes this.
  16. Thivik

Thivik Commander

I had serious problems with my mining HVs, but for me it turned out that I didn't have enough thrust, using 2 or 3 (depending on other equipment) of the medium thrusters per direction completely changed my mining experience

17. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

@Thivik
    You can not 'hotkey' those switches, but i agree, that would be nice.

18. StingRay

StingRay Ensign

Mining, ground removal/Flatting, take WAY too long.
    I give myself a DebugDrill once I reach the level for a T2 Drill. That's the speed the T2 aught to be.
    Similarly, cleaning out crashed vessels, just, no. That much dirt doesn't get into a crashed vessel, and I am not going to spend hours looking through the thing. That's where I cheat again and godmode through it.. way too tedious otherwise.

19. Den

Den Ensign

Binding signals to keys would be best solution imho. For now, I have manual switches (those levers) next to command chair in the Cv. Those activate turrets, extend ramps for additional windows protection, etc. Only takes a moment to F from the chair, flip a switch and F back.

P.S. What peeves me most currently... you know, just bugs. I am happy with the aspects and the whole concept : D

20. Earth Marshal

Earth Marshal Ensign

Cleaning the dino poop off the dance floor so my dancers don't slip and hurt themselves.