What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Garanor

Garanor Ensign

I would say using the T2 drill for various tasks. I love the features of the T2 drill, its awesome as it is. the problem is in the "aim". With the old t2 drill it was easier to mine to the edge of a mining field without getting too much crushed rock, and also removing terrain close to a building, or when drilling for an underground base. With the "new" T2 drill, i often remove too much of the terrain, or get loads of crushed rocks when mining. Also the filler tool is a bit hard to control, and it makes the ground look like rock, witch looks terrible in a dessert etc. dont know if you consider this a "device feature" but atm this is the least fun part of the game for me.

2. 420Gunny

420Gunny Lieutenant

Like some others have said, painting and texturing is a pain for a few reasons:

1. You have to do it block by block. To alleviate this, you could modify the tools to enable a selection feature, where you can drag it around a selection of blocks, and then apply a texture or color to the whole selection.

2. When texturing angled blocks, the textures do not match up the way you would like them too, and can't be changed or rotated without mis-aligning the block. Perhaps there could be a way to rotate ONLY the texture and not the block?

3. When texturing different block types the same texture (for example wood and metal blocks), the texture selections do not match up in their respective locations on the selection menu, so you have to keep switching the texture page back and forth to keep the same texture. Perhaps all textures could be located in the same places on the menu so that you don't have to keep switching the texture selection to match what you want.

3. spacebuilder

spacebuilder Lieutenant

I currently have 10 AutoMiners & 20 Hydrogen Generators. The least fun thing to do is travel around the planet collecting from these sources, refilling with fuel & having to dump all the excess oxygen. It takes me almost 30 minutes to do this. Having a collection drone to perform this one task would be a great time saver. Put fuel in the drone, designate how much fuel to put in each type of device & send it on it's way. Then I could just collect from the drone when it returns.

Thx for starting this thread Hummel.

4. 420Gunny

420Gunny Lieutenant

Maybe there could be an auto-level function to the HVs. I think back to a game I used to play called Battle Zone for PC from 1998 that had hover vehicles in it, and they just automatically levelled as you drove them. You can see how they move in some of their trailers here on Steam because I guess it's still available: http://store.steampowered.com/app/301650/

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

I can not like this problem enough! I even admit, I've forgotten where I was and what I was doing because I was out helping for so long.

6. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Refueling a ship with multiple fuel tanks. (By Multiple, I mean over 20.)

This requires going to every fuel tank individually and shift clicking the fuel into each one. A better way of refueling would be greatly appreciated.

This may also be appropriate with ammo boxes, O2 tanks, etc.

Lhetre, Tyrax Lightning, Van and 4 others like this.
  7. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Perhaps the Repair Bay could know how to restore vehicles that are associated with a Blueprint back to the Blueprint state?

8. Nickolai

Nickolai Lieutenant

Pentaxid farming is a chore even when you have everything. I suggest implementing it as ORE deposit or something

9. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Yay for Me! I get to *cough* opine on something that annoys me, irritates me intensely in fact.

PAINTING & TEXTURING!

It's far too painfull on large builds, yeah, I said it again, LARGE builds. Now, I've asked for some clarification on this very point a few times, and not seen any *useful* responses; specifically, if we can have some clarification from Eleon as to what their vision for CVs *actually* is.

SOLUTION:
    Multiple simultaneous mirror planes.
    Mirror planes *between* the boundary of two blocks (even width, or 2 block symmetry).
    A paint tool that *at least* respects active mirror planes, *preferably* a custom radius and defauult block configuration.
    A texture tool exactly the same as the paint tool.

After that; I'll take creative cut & paste, paste-merge functions, please. Pretty please.

*I would love* the ability to change the HSV values of the colour indices for custom coloured blueprints - I don't even know if this is possible with the current implementation?

10. polochom

polochom Lieutenant

Flying its by far the least single task I like to do. This game deservers a more care and attention from the devs to the major stuff. How can I care that I cold paint my ship faster if the flying experience/mechanics are horrible? In multiplayer it's even worst and this game it's all about multiplayer and ships! All ships shacking, lots of lag, almost none navigation tools, crazy/impossible accelerations ... Please devs ...!

11. ssgeorge95

ssgeorge95 Ensign

I think picked up items should go to empty toolbar slots, then inventory. Every time you pick up the bike you have to drag it back to a toolbar slot before you can use it again. Super annoying. Taking it further, you should be able to lock toolbar slots to only ever contain an item of your choosing.

2nd item, no ship toolbar. The amazing fix would be to let us put block groups onto our ship toolbar and toggle them on and off. An early implementation could be to include them on the bar by default like guns are.

12. 420Gunny

420Gunny Lieutenant

Getting Blue Crystals used to be a pain since they were only in water on the starter planets, and the moon. But now they are found in abundance on the starter planet in the forests. Now they are so plentiful, I recommend making them much smaller so its a little more difficult to find them.

13. -Skinny-

-Skinny- Ensign

The motorcycle not popping back into the toolbar is pretty annoying.

Yama, Westworld, Lhetre and 1 other person like this.
  14. Mordgier

Mordgier Captain

Loading ammo into a combat CV with 12+ ammo boxes and spreading each ammo type around to that losing a few boxes does not lose all ammo of a type.

Then reloading the ammo.

Refueling a CV with 22 fuel tanks. Guess which ones are empty? Nope not that that one!

15. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

I dare to bring 3 activites even if @Frigidman is going to grumble about it...
    because they are all three non-fun

- drilling with the T1 drill. T2 is kinda ok and HV is actually fun (coming from someone who doesn't like mining)
    - undercoating structures in texture and paint before actually texturing and painting them
    - pressing the "loot all icon" after accessing the corpse of an enemy by pressing "F". Both actions should use the same input device.

16. ArthurDent

ArthurDent Lieutenant

Keep up to date by reading patch notes

17. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

This will become unbalanced advantage when the repair block replaces missing bocks at the cost of no resources.

Tyrax Lightning and zztong like this.
  18. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

When opening a container, body, etc, having a hotkey to "get all" instead of clicking the arrow on the top right.

19. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Not needing to go into the control panel to enable/disable things while flying.

Lhetre, Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  20. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

T2 drill is nerfed and is the most boring thing to stare at rock , something we sorted out months ago, only to have it nerfed to boring again.