What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Commander

My server 'Alpheus_Prime' Located in Houston, TX is primarily PVE. We also have several planets I created, one of which I've added Pentaxid as Mineable. Akua also has mineable Pentaxid, and I changed the Drone base to be the same as Masperon. Comeone.. come all.. bring your friends!
    98.197.9.100:31000

2. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

It is a little grey to the topic, but....

...the ability to toggle the hand weapon with a key instead of holding down the mouse button. IE, I toggle a key and my drill stays on until I toggle the key again.

3. saadow

saadow Lieutenant

Inventory organization, especially after a death or when dealing with stockpiles of materials/components/parts.

How I would fix it? An auto-sort function, which could be activated with a button beside the ui components for looting everything out of a container

Yama, Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  4. Gatt

Gatt Captain

As an admin on a server, mass loading ammo, fuel, and o2 into vehicles for tournament battles.

I would like the ability to transfer items from itemmenu directly to vehicles, or at least to our player inventory and not our hotbar.

Currently we go from item menu, to hotbar, to player inventory, to the vehicles, this takes forever when you are loading 40 plus tanks

5. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

Alternative solution: create an infinite ammo box that expires after 6 hours and cannot be opened. Admin uses itemmenu to spawn the box and godmode invisible to place one on each vessel in the event.

Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.
  6. El Poto

El Poto Ensign

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

8. El Poto

El Poto Ensign

And yours is actually reading one.

But giving you the benefit of the doubt. I believe having fog of war will save time and make exploring even more fun, especially since I'm guessing many more players are now interested in going POI "hunting" and a sound strategy is now looking for your favorite to claim it as your startup base. Have you tried exploring the whole planet before settling? You might tell me, if I'm so intent in finding the best POI for a startup base, then I could use the "map" command. But that wouldn't be that fun as doing the exploring for those of us that are into that. The boring part is needing to keep track (I don't think that is even possible without FOW) and having to go slightly different paths to make sure you have an area completely scanned.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Least fun thing right now would easily be texturing/painting large objects. It takes forever.

Also, the lack of texture choices/colors sucks some of the fun out of building stuff.

Tyrax Lightning, oojimaflip and Gatt like this.
  10. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

FOW seems more like a suggestion instead of a frustration, as the topic is asking. Not the suggestions are not welcomed. There is a forum dedicated to suggestions and would be a perfect place for this.

11. El Poto

El Poto Ensign

Ohhh my!!

Walking around without knowing if I have already explored an area or not because I have from little to no indication to help me keep track.

Tyrax Lightning and Dreuseff like this.
  12. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Deconstructing a 20k block CV block by block, followed by deleting 10k blocks in creative because there's no replaceblocks for cube->pyramid block shape swap :(

Tyrax Lightning and joemorin73 like this.
  13. Vuelhering

Vuelhering Lieutenant

I guess the "single-task frustration" would be having to re-traverse the entire planet because you couldn't find a missing resource or something. That seems like it fits.

FOW is a potential solution to that. So, it doesn't fit to say "Missing FOW is the problem", but it does fit to say "Can't find missing resources".

amirite?

14. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

for me this is the action that gets to me too. you travel around in your vessel to harvest wild elements, pentaxid/plants etc and have to park jump out collect and jump back rinse and repeat. Especially true for spread out resource like Alien plasma. Even in an open cockpit and landing next to the plant so that the harvest action box is in range, you have to get out of the vessel first before picking. Removes any possibility of clever design to reduce this workload.
    Solution: Just separating the pick/harvest command from the jump out of cockpit command "F" key would make an instant improvement.

Tyrax Lightning and GoldDragon like this.
  15. Endless Shogun

Endless Shogun Ensign

Least Fun, SINGLE-EVERYDAY-Task: The Chat Functions, faction and global.
    They are long overdue for an upgrade.

16. DarKarvin

DarKarvin Ensign

...the ability to toggle the hand weapon with a key instead of holding down the mouse button. IE, I toggle a key and my drill stays on until I toggle the key again.
    ^ I use an auto hotkey script currently to do that.
    Need a grab all button from the constructor output part pls.
    But mainly, the least fun thing now is: gathering hydrogen....sheesh...

17. Dreuseff

Dreuseff Lieutenant

IMO: It's not really a survival game if this is possible.

Lhetre and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Zedd

Zedd Captain

Having to drag food from inventory to hotbar to eat, then drag it back to inventory after. (I realise you can shift-R click to eat, but that is so laggy)

Solution1: Hotkey to auto-eat, firstly prioritises by cooked>uncooked, then by food expiry timer
    Solution2 (my pick): Right clicking anything in inventory gives dropdown menu. For food the options would be 'Eat one', or 'Eat till full'.

19. Dreuseff

Dreuseff Lieutenant

After some further consideration, I feel that my original post on frustrating things - placing non-full-cube blocks and decorations - violates the request of this thread to avoid global categories..

But upon even further consideration, I don't know that I have any complaints that are actually "single action" tasks.

Also, this thread was probably started for talking points in a company meeting that's already completed.

But I'm still going to complain, dammit! :p

So my biggest small annoyance is:
    gathering from a vehicle, which could be a single action, but isn't
    I seem to be one of the few people that think HVs are fantastic - but I really hate getting in and out of vehicles, which you do a ton of when gathering
    • to get in: maneuver to target the cockpit, then F then V, then LeftAlt; VERY FIDDLY
    • to exit: V then F
    Suggestion:
    • Remember last choice of 1st person vs 3rd person separately for in-vehicle and on-foot
    • Map a key to hop into the targeted Private or Faction vehicle default cockpit (and add a checkbox in the P-menu for cockpits to set which one is the default cockpit)
    Alternate suggestion:
    • new harvester attachment to gather things you run over with the HV

20. arg821

arg821 Commander

As an admin, having to open the console and typing in 'itemmenu', then 'di', then 'teleport' - each and every time I change playfields !!!!!!!!!! Really annoying little thing like that when you're floating around in godmode performing admin functions.

Two other annoyances, related to the above;
    1. For performing admin maintenance, having 'godmode invisible' being permanent. You cannot revert back to normal godmode without logging out. (anyone got a work around)
    2. the 'stats' command - why did you guys take out the structures/entities total from the normal 'di' command???? You've just added another command + frustration.

Andy.

Tyrax Lightning and zaphodikus like this.