Feedback Required Wishlist: BUILDING blocks and structural devices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Searcher

Searcher Lieutenant

what we do actually need is a corners auto selector! it will place a block that fits with all 3 sides. i built a ship from scratch and i spent most of the time looking for corner blocks and i found all of them except for one where short ramp and long ramp meet together in the bottom left corner (sorry for not very clear picture of the missing block but i don't really miss it). so it's not the problem that some blocks are missing, the problem is that there are too many of them. corner.png

JluKBuD and globeadue like this.
  2. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

I would like the medium and XL engines to have variant options where if you installed them side-by-side (like the window options) you could create what looks like a singular large output thrust. It doesn't have to look like the existing thruster, maybe just a square-framed glowey area and we use blocks to build our own large engine housings.

If we could colorize the output thrust that would be a nice bonus.

For example, I would prefer this large thruster array to look like 4 large glowey thrust areas. I can build my own housings for the thrust arrays with blocks.
    [​IMG]

Also the Millinium Falcon style thrusters come to mind. It would be nice to have variant glowey shapes to create glow wedges for thrusters.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    Slam Jones and jesterjunk like this.
  3. XLJedi

XLJedi Lieutenant

Container Controller for Cold/Vacuum Storage

This would just be another option to store large quantities of food/crops like: Cargo, Ammo, Ore

I would like to have a 320k food storage container option for large grow plot operations.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    JluKBuD likes this.
  4. Zahgurim

Zahgurim Ensign

5. globeadue

globeadue Ensign

This would make building a lot easier, instead of hunting, just boom, a placed block that auto selected the matching edges/sizes of adjacent blocks (not just 3 sides but all sides)

Searcher likes this.
  6. Greirnes Ghauhgruks (RUS)

Greirnes Ghauhgruks (RUS) Ensign

[​IMG]
    Грузовые аппарели разного размера, чтобы открывались из вертикального положения (или с 30-45 градусов) на земле, как на этом видео и картинке:

Slam Jones and Searcher like this.
  7. UncleBensRicin

UncleBensRicin Ensign

Alendi Istari likes this.
  8. UncleBensRicin

UncleBensRicin Ensign

there is also literally a round connector version as well but no straight

9. UncleBensRicin

UncleBensRicin Ensign

Plus one for camera/monitor blocks for first person only realism.

10. UncleBensRicin

UncleBensRicin Ensign

I think the general consensus is if you add dynamic scalable blocks ala "avorion" you avoid the need for hundreds of block shapes and infinitely expand the building options for your players.

Slam Jones likes this.
  11. Saint_Hallow

Saint_Hallow Ensign

1. Water blocks, pipe variety blocks which are hollowed out, thin poles, barb wire or electric fence/laser fence, an oxygen producing plant block which you need many of that helps fill the oxygen tanks in a fashion similar to solar panel for power for having self sustaining biospheres
    a block that can be used as a map to plan expeditions

2. Elevators/Lifts that can move vehicles docked or undocked, circular hatches doors that open like a camera shutters, a xenosteel or xenomaterial door thats more alien looking

3. Holographic displays that show map data would be nice if you could mark pois for planets sectors and galaxy map on multiplayer plan to expeditions

12. me777

me777 Commander

airtight stairs (steel)

elevator block with forcefield (bottom, top, sides, sides and bottom, sides and top)

airtight blastdoors

13. LyfeForse

LyfeForse Lieutenant

"Light Windows"

I like to build with the Heavy Windows block model, much more than the other windows model. The problem is that their cost in Sathium prohibits us using them in Starter cost CV's and Bases.

I propose a "Light Windows" version of the Heavy Windows with reduces costs, and less HP to reflect, with cost types similar to the "Windows L"

[​IMG]

That's the first hope. If the windows could be added for HV and SV too, that would be a bonus :)

Slam Jones and Sandro M like this.
  14. Intezium

Intezium Ensign

Diagonal "Blast Door Block".
    [​IMG]

Slam Jones likes this.
  15. Intezium

Intezium Ensign

Right now, heavy windows have two tinting modes. I propose to add a third, WITHOUT tinting, i.e. transparent or almost transparent windows.

16. Troa Barton

Troa Barton Ensign

A craftable point of sale for both buying and selling.

17. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Hello, Personally would be over the moon to have "Heavy/Combat HP" 30° / 60° angled windows for cap ships. These others are always the first to go in a firefight, and one variant does not have a Left/Right, but has to be flipped and placed outside.

[​IMG]

Also, is there a way to Turn Off the Forcefield VFX until something impacts the field? Or even Off altogether would be fine. For those with shutters on windows, you can't see through them anymore at night with the crazy new effect. The new VFX would look awesome if they show up on impacts, otherwise I wish they were invisible. EDIT: Or a variant with no forcefield/airtightness like the ramps please.

[​IMG]

Thank you for the continued effort!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    Slam Jones likes this.
  18. Azigard

Azigard Ensign

Сorners for large windows, for example, such as in the first 3 screenshots.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some people prefer to use directional weapons more than turrets (If you've fought against 5+ ships you know what I mean). And for all types of directional drills and guns, you need a good overview (Target vulnerable spots/specific points behind armor or dig from the 3rd person? You crazy, don’t come near me). For battles with ships that are not pinged by radar even at 100 meters, etc. Being able to make a durable frameless dome window would be great.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    me777 likes this.
  19. Pembroke

Pembroke Commander

Could you add "half-stairs"? That is, otherwise the same as the current 1 x 1 x 1 block 45-angle stairs but the stairs only occupy one half of the block space. The other half in that block would be empty. Obviously you then need both left and right variants of the stairs. The purpose of this half-stairs block is that it would allow fitting a stair case in narrow places.

You could even have a complete functional staircase running through a 1 x 1 x 1 wide tight shaft (assuming you use half-blocks or wall-blocks as every other block on the side-walls to create ledges for turning).

20. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

We have 1x1x1 ramp, but none of the other ramps have the same angle, so straight corner ramps for angled hangers aren't possible. It would be nice to have a 2x2x2 ramp and a 3x3x3 ramp.