Feedback Required Your most wanted QUALITY OF LIFE feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 3, 2020.

1. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

plants and animals should be "discoverable" the first time you see / pick them and add some extra XP and have their own page in the empyriopedia

Lyceq, Jacoviz, garyice and 3 others like this.
  2. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

Add option to individual teleports/portals to "not function if player has inventory/armour". (you have to teleport in just clothing)

Why?

Well, this one option would allow content creators add a large fresh range of content that would be applicable to all players regardless of level or state of progression.

Examples:

• Player teleports into a D&D style dungeon environment, they can create a survival tool, but the rest is going to be very scary (fun)...
    • A multiple server that has a fortnight style event, where you have to pick up what you use,
    • A Talon homeworld, that bans high technology - the only way to travel to it is by the naked transporter (you probably need to be honoured status as well)
    • A covert espionage mission, that require you to teleport without equipment "to avoid detection by security systems", find the enemies plans from the computer room and make your escape.

This gives a flavour of the range of scenarios the could be created. Basically allowing content creators to design around a guaranteed zero equipped player.

3. hanni79

hanni79 Lieutenant

This one is a "double feature" :

1. Make containers update properly - When you open a container, the numbers of contents are stuck, for example, you're looking into the container where your constructor exports to, you don't see the numbers change.

2. When you link your hotbar to an inventory, items you pull into the hotbar shouldn't actually lie there - the hotbar should only be a "link"

This would be useful for the following reasons ( had both "problems" today ) :
    If you placed all your steel plates in your hotbar, your constructor can't acces them. Also, you could place blocks from your hotbar while the constructor is crafting them.

I expanded my base with concrete blocks and had to pull new ones quite often from the inventory and in the other case I upgraded concrete blocks and didn't remember to leave some steel plates in the container. Both is a bit of a nuisance, which could be prevented if 1. + 2. were doable.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  4. Tehroach

Tehroach Ensign

Access to custom and default <p> menu switches in-circuit logic.

tahaan, Maverick241 and iliapugach like this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

A new weapon called... the Handheld PDA !

A cool rectangular device like the present day iPad or Tablet, on which players can view all the actual "written" content, instead of having to go into a menu and lose focus of the main game window. So instead of having the missions and alerts thrown on the main screen in semi-transparency, knowing how many players found that already disturbing and obstructive, plus the fact that when these messages disappear the players have to go into the menu to find it (and lose focus of the main screen where the fun was...), all these blocks of text could be viewed on this handheld device.

It could be put in a slot like a weapon, or accessed with a shortcut, but that is secondary concern. There should be an animation where we see the hand lifting the tablet into the rough center of the screen, but with enough space around it so players can still see a bit of their surroundings. Actual "triggers" and alerts could then be simple flashing icons somewhere in the corners of the HUD that tell players there is something new to read on their tablet. They can then choose to ignore it if they're in the middle of action, or go some place safe and read all the backlog.

But really, this is in fact something that I honestly think would enhance immersion greatly, and make the actual notifications well integrated in the game flow. WHen changing tabs or page on the tablet, there could be a simple animation of the player quickly raising his free hand and pressing a button on the side of the thing (always the same, no need to go very fancy, it would do the job I'm sure ).

I admit that this is an actual suggestion I already made long time ago, and now that I see some players complaining about the interface, especially regarding the missions and the way they are presented, I think it is appropriate here to suggest this again.

6. paulo.pontes

paulo.pontes Ensign

I would like the ability to drag items directly from my cargo containers to the factory without que need of using in my personal inventory first.

7. paulo.pontes

paulo.pontes Ensign

A shortcut from the pilot seat to turret control without the need to open the device panel

tahaan, Lyceq, Gary Parkin and 7 others like this.
  8. Grand Pa

Grand Pa Lieutenant

The possibility to address ALL constructors in the network individually and to bind them firmly to a freight box. For example, you could assign 2-3 constructors to convert the base materials into intermediate products and then use further constructors to produce only oxygen, energy cells or building material for the base or spaceships. At the moment you have to pay attention which constructor is producing what and where the result will end up ;-)

IIRC you could control almost everything directly from the drone until the last Alpha 11, e.g. you could take over a gun from the drone with "F". Exactly the same happened with found containers or shot down drones. With "F" one could take over their contents over the own drone. Unfortunately this does not work with these objects anymore, but it still works with ore clumps extracted from stones. You can still collect them with the drone and "F". So I find the new behaviour inconsistent and should be changed again quickly.

Particularly annoying I find the permanent opening of the inventory menu, if one wants to collect something over "F". I also find the network behavior strange, which can be a bug in the game. If I specify a certain container over the network as target for everything collected, it still happens to me that the collected objects land first in my player inventory and if there is no more space there, they are not collected at all. I must then place them into the orange item bar myself. This should happen IMHO fully automatically.
    Especially in battles this is extremely annoying. You want to loot a Zirax, the big inventory window opens and you have to either choose what you want to take with you or click the arrow for take everything and in the meantime you're attacked again. Especially if you have a cargo box connected to the network as a target and of course you are within its range, a simple press on "F" should be enough to collect the cargo ;-)

Finally one more thing: if I want to change the position of a block or an object afterwards with the Multi-Tool, it should stay in focus permanently after I have selected it once with the Multi-Tool! Currently, you have to be very careful that after the first change, there is not another block in focus the second time.

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  9. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

If i would not need to adjust the roll, yaw and pitch sensibility everytime i power the ship again it would feel like i am fresh born.

garyice, monktk and Brimstone like this.
  10. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

WAIT!!! I have it. A new and somewhat urgent need in the game. More than quality of life.

Many components are too massive to be place in my inventory. Fine, I use wireless to build. But putting them into a BP Factory is impossible, because you can only add things directly from your personal inventory. Allow us to select different containers to add to the BP factory, please. This interface is now out of date.

>> Edit. I figured out a work around to be able to add items from a container to the factory. Good to know it is possible. It still should be possible by going directly to the drop down, selecting the base, CV whatever, then the container. Mass limits means not being able to carry around the Titanic in your back pocket.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

zanzoken, A Mueller, Jacoviz and 6 others like this.
  12. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

Ships cat. On a scratching tower behind my captains chair. It should purr. Also, on occasion, it should stare at me with a look of contemptful disdain.

zanzoken, A Mueller, Lyceq and 11 others like this.
  13. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

This might be a tough one, but:

The ability to add images to LCD displays, including animated GIF images, as well as the ability to have multiple pages of text that could be advanced either automatically after a period of time, or by clicking a << or >> "button" in the LCD text itself.

14. shadowiviper

shadowiviper Commander

1. Never-ending repeat of an item in a constructor that doesn't get cleared when input items run out, just waits for the input to become available again and starts producing - so you can have a constructor dedicated to producing {ammo, fusion cells etc} and turn it on/off with signal logic but don't need to worry that it has cleared your queue of fusion cells because you ran out of hydrogen for 2 minutes

2. Increase character limit in LCD screens, or a separate 'computer terminal' that allows entry of text like an LCD even if it doesn't display anything (for inputting large scripts with EmpyrionScriptingMod, current LCD limits to 2,000 characters only)

A Mueller, Lyceq, garyice and 2 others like this.
  15. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Hotbar configuration (see Space Engineers) and key bindings to much more direct access to functions and menus, including signal logic and groups. Also that you can have several hotbars and switch between them, usable for toolbelt and logistic system too.

Already suggested (in details) improved slot handling for inventory and cargo/logistics and BluePrint Factory and so on.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    etmoonshade and johnietoth1967 like this.
  16. Lonesome Joe

Lonesome Joe Lieutenant

The ability to manually control turrets while controlling the vessel they're attached to.
    Preferably with an option for doing so from the third person view.

17. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I think my favorite starship turret control system was how Microsoft's Freelancer did it.

Deadalready and dichebach like this.
  18. paulo.pontes

paulo.pontes Ensign

I would like a way to setup my multiturret to automatically dismantle the un-cored structure in range.
    Doing it by hand takes ages!

zanzoken, A Mueller, garyice and 4 others like this.
  19. Mars Volta

Mars Volta Lieutenant

Now with the addition of an expansive galaxy to explore... I would love to see the ability of being able to save your character in a container of a CV. The Cryo-pods would be perfect for this. I would like to use a mobile base CV (That I will be releasing in workshop soon) with my faction and friends and we can store our friends so that when they log in whilst we are in another system.

20. Starhawkprime

Starhawkprime Ensign

The ability to have a group of constructors process the same item with one order. Like I put 5 constructors in a group and be able to issure 1 order for ammo and they all process the same order.