SERVER ADMINS: BotLO for These Two Cheaters

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Daede, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daede

Daede Guest

Cheater #1 Fnarfin: Caught somehow destroying personal property with his SV on a PvE playfield, and somehow had a stack of admin cores.
    Steam ID to BAN: 76561198340086166
    [​IMG]

Cheater #2 GrabbyGrabby: Caught somehow managing to completely dig out the ground under someone's base - despite having a pve AG distance of 75m - causing their base to fall. Nothing too fishy about his inventory, but a cheater is a cheater. he also managed to make it off starter and to the center of the galaxy in half an hour, which is impossible.
    Steam ID to BAN: 76561198340056159
    [​IMG]

I figure if dickheads like this exist to do nothing but make other people's lives miserable, the least I could do is put them on blast and get them banned from as many servers as humanly possible.

I'll be cross posting this to the Steam forums, as well as reporting both of their accounts.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
    Germanicus, Ivellios, huhlig and 2 others like this.
  2. Daede

Daede Guest

3. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Daede likes this.
  4. Daede

Daede Guest

I did a search for his steam ID, but this post didn't come up. Thanks!

5. FatChance147

FatChance147 Ensign

Hey Daede what is the application you are using in your images?

Daede likes this.
  6. Daede

Daede Guest

Empyrion Admin Helper

You need version 1.35.02 for Alpha6 EXP

Cheers,

7. FatChance147

FatChance147 Ensign

Awesome, thanks. Never seen that before. Holy crockies, just looked through all of the pages detailing that app. Wow!

Daede likes this.
  8. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

Daede this guy was on renntech too I think.

Daede likes this.
  9. Wizzy

Wizzy Lieutenant

10. Wizzy

Wizzy Lieutenant

i saw a lot vids what people put up on you tube a long while back about that Wookie he did so much damaged to servers in such short time

11. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

I wanna haxxor on Daede's server too!

Daede likes this.
  12. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Daede likes this.
  13. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Thanks @Daede for the heads up.
    A long time ago there was a discussion about a shared ban list. In the times before EAC. We caught a lot of people. Most of them duping.

Nowadays it is mostly banning because certain rule violation etc. A shared list would need some other checks for all parties.

However I can't stress out enough that running a server without EAC is just grossly negligent (I hope the translation is perfect). Today there are tools available like bread in the supermarket. I just keep scrolling tired on posts where people complaining about hackers when their server is not EAC protected - like in the xango case over there.
    (I hope for him it is the EAC case since we had a discussion about insecure telnet with him also)

You basically welcome these people to your server, so yeah. That is a different story.

We have EAC and yes it has its Cons but for now the best option against RAM manipulation etc.

But in any way: such fools needs to get posted, named and shamed. My support for that.

RexXxuS

Germanicus, Vulpis, Taun Hawk and 2 others like this.
  14. Daede

Daede Guest

Yeah, we enabled EAC

15. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

copy of the PLYS Data (telnet)
    2017-05-13 06:18:58
    22: 80004, Gelid, Skillon Orbit, 121.45.218.6
    2. id=80004 name=Gelid fac=[Alien] role=Founder
    note: this is not a member of our admin staff

We cought two players doing this, this is the one I caught while online and able to grab the proof.

Here's the steam ID for both
    - Id: 76561198340056159
    - Id: 76561198340086166

16. Wizzy

Wizzy Lieutenant

there the same 2 that Daede banned from his server same people

17. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

Tell ya what, if anyone has a list of all the banned cheaters With Proof, I'll add a script to my admin program to automatically ban everyone on the list. Update it each time I put out a new update.

And if there are any web programmers out there that want to start a database that my program can interface with, I'll be happy to keep it updated using your database.

18. Monty Python

Monty Python Ensign

At the moment the EAH ban features/detection for 6.0 aren't working as intended. You may be flagged as a cheater for using an auto miner etc. As listed on the downloads page though it's currently in experimental.

Just good to know. :)
    -HWS/Official Server Admin.

19. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

I am always uneasy of global ban lists. While the intention is always for the best, global ban lists can also become abused. While banning someone because they are caught hacking, there is always a chance an admin may abuse this feature. Since you can't force admins to only global ban people for hacking, you run the risk of abuse.

20. Hopskotch

Hopskotch Lieutenant

Agree - they can indeed be abused. But at the same time we should consider ways as admins to collaborate and stop the big criminals.

Perhaps as a part of someone's ambitious project folks can be added to a "ban list" and voted up into a global ban. 3 or more servers voting up a ban leads to a confirmed ban across whomever subscribes to the global ban list. Etc.

Perhaps adding an appeals process for the ones that got grieved on by abusive admins.

Unfortunately there are folks who aim to destroy servers for people and exploit the game for no other purpose than mischief and/or personal gain. Those are the ones most deserving of this treatment.

- Hops
    HWS/Official Server Admin.

Ipurgepeople and Daede like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.