2 bugs: being teleported to the skies and no mobs in Chapter 1

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by DiMithras, Oct 25, 2022.

1. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.8.14 B3886
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Solo

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 450151

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Unable
    Severity: Major

Type: Bug

Summary:
    Basically two bugs:
    1. Being teleported to a random location above the planet
    2. No mobs in Chapter 1

Description:
    1. For the first bug.
      I had my playthrough on Chapter 1. I defeated the spiders, went inside the pyramid and I got the PDA pop-up that I should find a secret passage with a destructible wall. After the message I was teleported a bit above the ground in 400m from POI. Okay, happens.
      Afterwards, on the quest completion after curing the dermal parasite I talk to the chief and get teleported again! This time far above the ground in 2 km from the settlement having my char bone fractured.
    2. I loaded the backup save and wanted to reproduce the first bug, but… POI is unpopulated, nothing triggered.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) No clue

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  2. Longcut

Longcut Lieutenant

I bet if you ran 'ai on' in the console it would fix it. I've had it happen a few times: walking around and things either aren't' spawning or if they are spawned, they just stand their. For example, I stumbled into a set of raptors and they just stood there. Another time I walked thru a Zirax base and met no resistance. When stuff like that happened, I'd retreat a bit, open the console and type 'ai on' without the '. Suddenly things get lively. :)

Don't know why, don't know how to recreate it and happens extremely rarely.

3. Longcut

Longcut Lieutenant

I've seen @spanj run into this one of his recent streams, too.

4. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

Yes, I've seen this. The problem here is that some locations had NPC and they were active, and the quest location at the same time was totally empty. It's covered in the video that settlement is populated. "ai on" did not do the trick, but it does when NPCs get stuck, that's true.

I also remember myself playing 2 years ago, same location and same quest was unpopulated. I guess something different is happening with this particular quest. 3 times out of 5 I had problems with it :D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  5. Barry Woods

Barry Woods Ensign

I get the teleporting bug every mission. I get to the POI and after interacting with the PDA to start the mission I teleport to a random location hundreds on meters away and have to run or fly back to where I was.