Fixed 9.2 - AI Engaging/Attacking Vessels Issue

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Echo, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Echo

Echo Ensign

(Original Post Here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ion-before-reporting.47005/page-5#post-289400)

I believe this was noted as fixed for Alpha 9.2, however it seems like it was only partially fixed. :(

AI attacking motorbikes seem to be fixed and working!
    However, they still don't seem to attack Hover or Small vessels.

Here's some more detail on the issue that I failed to mention last time:

When you first approach the Zirax foot soldiers in your vessel, they don't seem to acknowledge the vessels presence at all.
    You can fly directly into them, shoot them, and kill as many as you want and they won't fight back.

HOWEVER, if you get out of the vessel they immediately start firing at your character.
    If at this point you get back into the vessel, they will continue (partially) firing at you and your vessel - potentially destroying it.
    But its not until you get out, and back into the vessel that they actually fire at the vessel.

Here's a video of the example using a Small Vessel (same applies to Hover):

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks this is logged to be looked into.

3. Kiltdown

Kiltdown Ensign

This might be related to the similar problem of mobs in base starting to attack even through base walls. One can approach a base, take out its turrets and not get noticed by its occupants. But disembark the vessel and suddenly all it inhabitants will start firing and keep firing until the craft is out of range. The inhabitants will significantly damage the structure in the process

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
  5. Echo

Echo Ensign

It seems like its working fine now.

First Zirax I went up to, he acted a bit weird.
    Crouching and sitting there, not shooting, but I figured I spooked him too much or he was just "taking cover" instead of engaging.

So I went away from the area, restarted the map and tried again - any other attempts at approaching them they shot my vessel.
    Both Hover and Small vessels.

Thanks!