a ticking time bomb Error message

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by vegafisher, Nov 9, 2022.

1. vegafisher

vegafisher Ensign

v 1.8.15 3887

I have been having an issue for some time now where I keep getting: an internal error occurred! then it just asks to send a bug report. all I do is start the game vanilla or not the same thing for the first time the game I sent below in the link is the Star salvage mod. I don't think that is the problem as it does this every time I start a new game. I have found it acts like a ticking time bomb and enviably corrupts the save and even if I go back to a back up it still corrupts. below is a link to my log files and my most recent game save and a pick of the error. please help I have tried several times to check the integrity of the game files with no luck.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/138LkshxU1XskiIUgROudGOKn4gRqgUVm/view?usp=sharing

I am on a pc with the specks below
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
    RAM: 64.0 GB
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    graphic card is a 1050ti GeForce

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    I cannot trigger any such errors with a pure vanilla installation.

The only thing I can suggest for you to try is to delete your 'Content\Configuration' folder folder & then verify the game files via steam & try starting another new game in vanilla without touching any files or delete the entire 'Content' folder (backup anything custom before doing this) & again let steam verify the files & try again.

Just to note we do not offer any support for modified content the Author of the scenario is responsible for any errors from their scenarios.

3. vegafisher

vegafisher Ensign

i will try that now have done that in the past but will try it again

I figured as much but this happens no matter if I go vanilla or mudded I sent all my logs it just that was the most recent game I had and was playing. i added all my log folders in that zip did not know which one to send

4. vegafisher

vegafisher Ensign

i will see if i can find the mode developers bug fix forum.

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Do you have a vanilla save game where these errors trigger when you have loaded in ?