API Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Empyrion API' started by Jascha, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Hackasaurus Rex

Hackasaurus Rex Ensign

Would be real nice to be able to target individual blocks and manipulate terrain. I'd love to make a mod to fill in terrain where someone's placed a block, then delete the block. I've had too many bases look like garbage 'cuz of myself messing with the terrain trying to flatten it or whatnot.

2. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

When I first read this my first thought was "that's is Well beyond the capabilities of this Type of API" but I thought about it for a bit...

In order to do that type of thing you would need to have a request that asks for coordinates, radius and playfield then uses the seed and yaml data to manipulates that planet's areas files to restore the terrain... In other words, would take a whole lot of work to program as an API function.

This would be better as an in game tool, a point and shoot job.

3. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

Last one, I swear...

I wish there was an event that triggered when a deco item is used.

So I can set specific deco items in game to trigger API functions.

Example: walk up to a computer console and use it, that triggers "self destruct". A message is broadcast to the whole playfield and a countdown starts, player has 30 seconds to vacate the CV before it gets Destroyed.

Kharzette and Mortlath like this.
  4. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

FYI:
    Sadly there will be no new API features for Alpha 7.0.
    A lot was planned but due to time and more important Game features/bugs more features in the Mod area can not be done anymore.
    Lets hope in Alpha 7.x or later more will come.

5. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

@Jascha what is your development setup like when working on mods?

6. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

@Jascha
    Can we get an idea of what is in the works or a roadmap of what is planned for APIs?

7. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

I work with VS 2017 and C#/VB

Nothing in work at the moment :(. Depends on the time of the devs. With Alpha 7.0 there is no possibility.

After that the following features are listed as to be done next:
    - Event Global Structure List: List ID’s of docked ships
    - Player Set Origin/Faction
    - Request Console Command return Error
    - Request Entities --> fix
    - Fix Bug: http://empyriononline.com/threads/api-bugs.10252/#post-161702
    - Statistics about destruction of vessel
    - Mission Completed Event
    - Get Backpack of player/Move Backpack via ID
    - Structure change name
    - Structure List - Core Type
    - Set Blocks
    - Fill inventory and Send back leftovers
    - Message box with 2 buttons

Mortlath and <Darth Sidious> like this.
  8. <Darth Sidious>

<Darth Sidious> Lieutenant

Can be to add to structureinfo information on the status of the offline protection?
    0 - protection is not installed,
    1 - protection are installed but not activated,
    2 - the protection is installed and activated.

Mortlath and Jascha like this.
  9. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

Does anyone know of a way to access the aimanager (or any other console commands) through the API?

Mortlath likes this.
  10. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

In what way?
    Access to read who used those commands: Possible with the Event_ConsoleComand
    Access by sending a console command? Also partly possible with Request_Console_Comand. or many of those functions aer implemented through other commands.

11. leanora39

leanora39 Ensign

[QUOTE = "Яша, пост: 105881, член: 8396"] --- --- Зарезервировано [/ QUOTE]
    Не знаю кому правильно обратиться,мне бы очень хотелось. чтобы появились строительные блоки с иллюминаторами,то есть обыкновенный строительный блок и внутри овальное или круглое бронированное окно.Мне кажется. что это будет на много реалистичнее чем витринные блоки,которые используются в игре.А также было бы совсем не плохо создать физическое колесо телепортации,например как в фильме "Звёздные врата",и обязательно привязать их установку на большие корабли и на планеты.Еще пересмотреть вопрос по лифтам,подъёмным платформам.а также аппарелям.Очень плохо что в игре этого не предусмотрено.И ещё есть у меня одно замечание.Солнечные лучи и электрический свет проникают через строительные блоки.и еще когда идет дождь,и звуки грома, дождя.окружающей среды проникают внутрь корабля.Добавьте если можно голос главного компьютера корабля (приветствие,может команды какие нибудь,недостатки корабля,опасность,ну и так далее).Спасибо!

12. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Google translates:
    I do not know to whom to address correctly, I would really like. so that there are building blocks with portholes, that is, an ordinary building block and inside an oval or round armored window. It seems to me. that it will be much more realistic than the display units that are used in the game. And it would also not be bad at all to create a physical teleportation wheel, for example as in the movie "Stargate", and be sure to tie their setup to large ships and to planets. the question of elevators, lifting platforms. and also apparelam.Ochen it's bad that the game does not provide this. And I still have one remark. Solar rays and electric light penetrate the building blocks. And when it rains, and the sounds of thunder and rain. the environment If the voice of the ship's main computer can be heard (greeting, maybe some commands, ship's shortcomings, danger, well, etc.). Thank you!

Well thanks for your feedback, but as far as Google tells me this is more a Game feature request and has nothing to do with the API. Sorry :(

13. leanora39

leanora39 Ensign

Yes, a bad translation. The meaning is not brought to the truth. But all the same, thank you. And how to reach the creators of the game itself?

14. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

I'd like to request that Request_ConsoleCommand submit to the ` console, as well as telnet (or a separate cmdId for this purpose)

giving my mod the ability to submit "aimanager adddronewave close" would be great.

15. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

Also: Event_ConsoleCommand only fires when the user enters a known consolecommand. can we get it to fire when the command is unknown?

Mortlath likes this.
  16. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

For reference:

You can spawn a CV/SV using Request_SpawnEntity, but it isn't AI controlled
    I can not find a way to spawn drones

THe overarching request is that I want to spawn enemies programmatically, but I can't find a way to do that

The AIManager commands are pretty good when operating as a gamemaster, but I might like to script aimanager actions in response to player events.

Mortlath and Jascha like this.
  17. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

what if you spawn in a ship then swap out the files with files from an active PV?

18. Jascha

Jascha Administrator

Ah I understand. The problem is that drones / aliens are not considered structures... they are other entities. But we might get somethin there soon. But I will write it down

19. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

Which files are you referring to?

20. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

..\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games\NewGame_0\Shared\BA_Player_228005