Fixed Base spawned at waters edge will "flood" if player leaves immediate area. [6634]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by SamuelPatre, Aug 1, 2019.

1. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

Dropping a spawned base on the shore where some of the base is below the waterline.
    If you leave the area and travel at least 5km, upon returning your base will now be partially submerged.

Alpha 10.4.0 2545

Mode: (Survival)

Mode: (Singleplayer)

SERVER NAME: N/A

SEED-ID: N/A

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always)

Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Global?)

Summary: Base spawned at waters edge will "flood" if player leaves immediate area.

Description: Dropping a spawned base on the shore where some of the base is below the waterline.

Just after dropping it in place, reloading or returning from orbit and everything is fine.

If you leave the area and travel at least 5km, upon returning your base will now be partially submerged.

Esthetically this is annoying and immersion breaking, but if you find, like I just did, that the water is only ‘belly’ deep, interacting with devices like fridges and constructors becomes a problem as clicks do not go through the water level. Also, deploying additional material/objects is difficult as the mechanics of the game do not allow deploying below water from above.

Steps to Reproduce: Place a building that is in part below the waterline, but just beyond the water’s reach on the shore. Part of the building might have to be in contact with the water, or at least the surrounding “morph” zone must have displaced water. Dig out the dirt/rock inside the building. Travel at least 5km from that location. (it might not need to be that far but I know 3.5km isn’t enough) Return to find your building flooded.

Basically it looks like whatever mechanics the game uses to determine water boundaries, gets confused with the morphed ground around a placed building.

Find attached a save game, but this can be recreated in Creative mode.

Either fly in vehicle or GM fly directly south for 5km. Return. Works, or should I say ‘fails’, every time.

20190731200229_1.jpg
    Just loaded, no water in base
    20190731222625_1.jpg
    View from below showing how water area is away from main room
    20190731200647_1.jpg
    Traveled 5km and back, base "flooded"
    20190731222834_1.jpg
    After returning, water area is now under and around the base.

Save game:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_9hOpo59DN1F7lvjONzp7SUl5HHsLh-C

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    How much time do you need to be away from the base for it to happen ?

3. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

No time really. I have both flown in SP at 50km and GM flown at whatever speed that is.
    The key seems to be around 5km from the spot horizontally, but that might just be my machine.

If you leave the planet or reload the game it will reset back to normal.

It seems to be how the game mechanics works in determining the water zone around a body of water. Once a base is placed it 'manipulates' the surrounding land. This is processed once you travel far enough away, but not so much that the play field is refreshed.
    Something like that.

Hope that helps.

P.S. I can confirm that it is still happening as of build 2548

4. Pantera

• Developer
    I can trigger it now thanks for the info I'll update the thread soon.

SamuelPatre likes this.
  5. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

Awesome.

6. Pantera

• Developer