Fixed Blank Main Menu after short loading text

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by AstriaTheFox, Oct 1, 2022.

1. AstriaTheFox

AstriaTheFox Ensign

Build: 3864

Reproducibility: Probably only on my device.
    Severity: Critical

Type: Startup Issue

Description:
    When I launch the game EAC loads up properly then the game opens, after it opens the loading text is only there for a short moment then disappears leaving just the main menu image with the music and nothing else.

In the crash log file, there are many errors including access errors such as:
    UnauthorizedAccessException
    FileNotFoundException
    ReadTextureFromFileAsync error
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException
    NullReferenceException
    +more

I use ASC Ultimate and thought maybe it was that due to the Unauthorized Access but even after turning off the real-time protection and turning the protection from medium to low that still didn't fix it. I didn't see any option to exclude files in the program.

I should also mention this is on a fresh install and all the files were verified by Steam.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Launch Game
    2) Let EAC load
    3) Watch the game open and only provide a pretty picture and music but nothing else. Lol

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information, or Download links:
    Screenshots: No point as it's just the main menu background image.
    Client Log(97MB): https://mega.nz/file/EhtQALqS#4npOOyj5HGV7L-S_6BCfoz-otrxMT-Fyz0NvvM77FrA
    The DxDiag file is attached to the post.

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Probably something form this that is blocking the game from running (I have no expereicen with that particular program though).

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "D:\Games\Steam\Large Games\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Extras\Localization.csv" is denied.

Do you have the localisation.csv open by any chance in excel ?

Can you go here & delete "inputconfig_v35.xml"
    D:/Games/Steam/Large Games/steamapps/common/Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Saves/

When you turn off "ASC Ultimate" completely then run the steam verify files option then try to run the game again does the issue go away ?
    1. Right click on Empyrion in your steam library & select properties.
    2. Click on the local files tab & choose the 'Verify integrity of local game files' option.

Germanicus and AstriaTheFox like this.
  3. AstriaTheFox

AstriaTheFox Ensign

I removed the inputconfig file and that didn't do anything, so I uninstalled ASC Ultimate and switched to regular ASC and that fixed it. It's odd that no other games had a problem with the ASC Ultimate Antivirus but oh well.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Good to hear you found the root cause & anti virus programs can react differently to different programs & obfuscation methods.

Germanicus likes this.