Fixed Broken terrain around the player start position. [7010]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Jollificator 2, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Seen this before?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

This is an old bug but its still happening in Alpha 12.

On reloading a save with a subterranean base, terrain vertices link up in a way that creates obstructions to movement.

The sub floor terrain links with the above ceiling terrain and creates vertical polygons with stretched textures which obstruct the player.

The workaround is to mine the terrain a little around the origin of the stretched polys because you cannot target the polys themselves, the mining gun simply wont fire when directed at it.

Screeny Alpha 12.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2090876805

Previously I reported it here.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/2/1740013516074591875/

2. Qoonpooka

Qoonpooka Ensign

Unclear if this is related, but I think it might be: I will sometimes use the survival tent as a way to clear unsightly brush, then pick it up again and repeat. Sometimes immediately on removal, sometimes not for a game load or three, but many of the sites where the tent was placed will suddenly develop a small divot shaped roughly like the anomalies evident in screenshots upthread.

3. EmpyFan

EmpyFan Ensign

Mode: Survival, Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 251194

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major, Crash ?

Description: non-degradable soil in Aln base after loading a saved game (created in Aln base)

Steps to Reproduce: sometimes there is soil, sometimes not

Attached Files:

4. dispereo

dispereo Ensign

Hi,

particularly in the early game, I keep building bases underground in order to shield them a bit from the drone attacks. However, I always seem to have issues that the game world is not loading properly anymore after a while and the soil/stone/mountain/whatever-I-built-in reappears as a flat wall blocking my way.

The wall cannot be modified by the drill, in fact often I get the message, that the drill cannot be used on this material (probably because there is one of my blocks behind it?).

Sometimes a re-log helps, sometimes if i go away (maybe until the chunk unloads?) and come back it's gone. However, this is only temporarily, sometimes that wall appears somewhere else (different chunk within my base?) or the same one comes back after a while.

This is what it looks like:
    20200512203701_1.jpg 20200512203721_1.jpg

If I GM myself, I can walk through that wall, and behind is my base. I am currently playing with 12.3, but I had that problem before 12 as well. A reason why I stopped underground bases. Thought it had gone by now, so i tried once more just to be locked out of my base again ;-)

The problem is, that I can't get it properly fixed and I can't re-log every 5min. There is also no point in building a base elsewhere underground as the same problem comes back where-ever I am.

Is there another way of solving this issue (i.e. a fancy console command?) or is that a killer-bug that corrupted my game now?

Philippe

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    @boolybooly @Qoonpooka @dispereo sorry for the inconveniences caused by this issue we will be trying to get rid of it in A12.
    The only way to get rid of it when it appears for you as a player is o exit back to the main menu & load back into the save game

boolybooly, dispereo and Pach like this.
  6. dispereo

dispereo Ensign

No problem, it's the experimental, we all knew this when we signed up for it. ;)
    Though there is no point continuing this game (underground) as it literally happens everytime i try to enter the base. So relog won't do anything other than for 2sec getting to where I need to be. It'll make more sense to start a new game or move base overground. :)

Qoonpooka likes this.
  7. Pantera

• Developer
    A fix we have done for this is looking good so far & it should be available in the next A12 release.

Pach, dispereo and krazzykid2006 like this.
  8. Thank goodness! This bug has been even worse for me so far in A12 and it has been causing all kinds of issues.
    I will be patiently waiting to test the fix when you release it. Thank you.

9. Pantera

• Developer
    Part of the problem was making it trigger in debugging for some reason it was more random but with some adjustments made the issue became more "exposed" so we were able to fix it.

basingleton, Pach and krazzykid2006 like this.
  10. dispereo

dispereo Ensign

Great news, looking forward to the next release, thanks guys!