Fixed BUG: Fish Out of Water

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by IndigoWyrd, Dec 19, 2019.

1. OutlawCecil

OutlawCecil Lieutenant

Same as the "fish out of water" topic...

Our faction is experiencing the exact same. We've done testing and have found it's directly related to volume of stuff in container controllers. We have some cargo lifter SVs and CVs and most of them will do this if we fill them (?over 30%ish?) with stuff. Using F4 while flopping around, I can dump stuff and immediately the flopping stops.

Side note: If this is happening to you and you aren't stuck in a wall or in the ground, switch camera mode using alt and only move using W, A, S, D. Don't use mouse to steer, don't press Q or E, and don't auto level with O and you can get to your destination with a little effort.

2. Kaz

Kaz Lieutenant

It happens to me regardless of what is in the conatainers on them and yea i did that to get my cv back to base.

3. Kaz

Kaz Lieutenant

Hvs are bugging out again,video:
    New single player game just finished that hv, drove it to the poi you can see in the video to raid it, hopped off killed drones,killed foot soldiers got back on and that started not as severe as last time but its still there.
    I dont know if you can tell in the video but i tried turning and rotating it before i moved forward,back,left and right but couldnt.
    Relogging fixed it for a time but then when i continued raiding the poi it happened again.
    Other than getting on and off the only thing that i could see that happened right before both times was getting into fights and it sustaining abit of damage.

dichebach and DASHEDM like this.
  4. DASHEDM

DASHEDM Lieutenant

That happens to every type of ships right now, afaik re-logging is only way to fix it temporarily

Kaz likes this.
  5. DASHEDM

DASHEDM Lieutenant

Re-logging should help, bruh this is public version and even buggier than exp

6. DASHEDM

DASHEDM Lieutenant

I experienced that 'feature' yesterday too, when I removed half of my SV using selection and then pressed undo and then sat in it
    That sure was 'fun'

7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Indeed. It happened to my CV resumed a pre A115 save game. If I spawn the same CV in creative she flies fine.

I forgot to mention the Mass/Volume is active in the resumed save game.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  8. Galens

Galens Ensign

This is a container volume related issue. I have a save file right now that just got bugged by this. I was looting a capital vessel's thrusters and put them into one of my controllers. My CV went haywire. I checked my statistics and saw I had several million roll degrees. I took apart all my thrusters and my RCS. I deleted my core and reset it. This did not solve the issue.

I salvaged the excess thrusters I recovered from the crashed vessel into the factory. After reducing the weight/volume, I was able to go back to normal roll degree on the statistics page.

I opened up the item menu and put 999 steel block Ls into that container. The bug came back. This time it is almost 200,000 roll degree with the steel blocks in there.

Edit: I put armored concrete blocks into different container controllers on my CV and found that they are also affected. My suspicion lies with overall mass/volume on board the vessel.

20191220053314_1.jpg 20191220053337_1.jpg 20191220053343_1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Indeed. I run one more test. Here is what happens unloaded and loaded with cargo....

10. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
  11. dichebach

dichebach Captain

It happens with a very simple Lvl 3 Alpha 11 compliant HV of mine with no docking device, though admittedly the symptoms do seem a bit 'muted' on that one compared to others.

12. dichebach

dichebach Captain

I am pretty sure it is happening for me with constructs with totally empty cargo containers and crates.

13. fa_q2

fa_q2 Commander

One of my ships that bugged out does not even have a container.

14. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

One thing you might need to do is re arange the position of thursters and/or hover boosters.

15. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Ephoie likes this.
  16. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

When this first happened to me, I was in an HV with nothing in my cargo containers. I was over water, and suddenly dove below, nearly to the bottom. After a bit of wrestling, I was able to make it to the surface, but getting back over what was supposed to be solid ground was a stunt. Solid ground proved to be less than solid, as I would stick into it, bounce off of it, dive completely through it, fall from mid-air onto, or through it again. When I finally managed to get my HV back near my base area, it was mostly a fluke that caught one of the landing pads on the edge of a solar panel, and that's where I left it.

Built an SV from scratch, tested it for flight stability, and it was fine - until... I landed it, turned it off, got out, walked around a bit, got back in, powered it on, and bounced off the surface into a nausea-inducing tumble-and-roll-and-twist into the air, ground, water, where ever. I found keeping speed at 40% throttle or less gave me mostly control, and I was able to land this after maybe an hour.

My 2nd HV had been parked on a little cement pad next to my base, and did not seem to suffer quite as badly from this - at least not for the first few minutes, until it began to bounce along, like a dolphin, but keeping it at maximum hover height seems to help and made it about 90% usable.

None of these were carrying any cargo at all.

Last night, I tested each of my vehicles again. My first HV was still completely unusable, and I disassembled it with a multi-tool once I was able to get it still enough to exit. Then the real fun started. As I removed blocks from this HV it bobbled around a little, until I removed the core, at which time it began falling through the ground, reappearing and repeating, as I sniped at blocks as it fell. Eventually it did come to mostly rest, vibrating against the ground, ready to start falling through at any time, until I'd recovered all of the blocks.

After this, I set off on foot for a while to gain some XP, until I finally had everything I needed, except the Pentaxid to leave the starter world. I opted to take a chance, hopped in my SV, and took off slowly. It seemed stable, so I turned the nose upward and began to accelerate - soon I'd left orbit, and was headed for the moon, as it's easier to find Pentaxid there than underwater. 146 Pentaxid later I returned to the planet. My SV was behaving normally. A short time later and a few modifications to my ship, and I loaded all my worldly possessions into my ship's cargo hold, and took off, warping out of my starter world, and on to bigger adventures.

So far, no more shaky, quaky, bouncy vehicles.