PLZ Retest and Re-Report Can't load into co-op

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by smolmaggie, Oct 11, 2024.

1. smolmaggie

smolmaggie Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v.11.9 4540
    Mode: co op
    Platform: EPIC
    DLC Installed: noooo

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary: Can't connect to friend's coop server, nor he to mine.

Description: We both get stuck in the same spot for unholy amount of time. Stuck at loading / downloading the files at exactly 80,7 MB. After waiting for a long while we both just closed out of it. We both checked integrity of files via Epic store option. I connected to the official server no problem.
    Im attaching more logs than probably necessary bc I do not have the brainpower to figure out which ones are relevant, sorry.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1)
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi,
    Can you send me a copy of the save game or games which were generated when you tried to connect to your friends Co-op session ?

How to supply a save game for a report:
    Go to:
    For Epic players:

For SP or Co-op:

1. Right-click on "Empyrion" in your Epic library.

2. Select "Manage" then click on the folder icon called "Open Install Location"
    1. Make a note of the name of the save game then navigate to the Saves > Games Folder & right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it in your reply
    Thanks

3. smolmaggie

smolmaggie Ensign

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks for the save.

I see the sharedDataURL feature has not been setup please look at this guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3330424692

I will give you a few steps to follow here to explain it which should be straight forward:

1. Note the Scenario Name: Write down the name of the scenario you're playing. (For the vanilla game Main menu > Start Game > Survival this is known as "Default Random" in the "Scenarios" folder)

2. Locate the Folder: Go to Epic Store Games\EmpyrionGalacticSurvKqTWC\Content\Scenarios\Default Random.

3. Compress the Folder: Right-click on the SharedData folder and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.

4. Upload to Google Drive: Upload the zipped folder to your Google Drive. In the sharing settings, set access to "Anyone with the link". You may also try with dropbox & onedrive if google drive still shows an issue.

5. Copy the Link: Click on Copy link.

6. Start a New Game: From the main menu, go to Co-op > Start Game > Survival. Configure your options if needed, then click Start.

7. Add the Share Link: In the SharedDataURL field, paste the Google Drive link and click Start. Wait until you reach the planet selection screen then tell your friend the server is running

8. Join the Game: Your friend can join by going to Multiplayer > Friends from the main menu and double-clicking on your Co-op session.

Feel free to post here again if you need more help on this after trying the above steps.

5. smolmaggie

smolmaggie Ensign

Hi,
    I haven't had time to try that with my friend yet, I will return here if your solution doesn't work. Thank you for help!