Custom Playfields by Vexray

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Vexray, Jul 17, 2016.

1. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

Thanks, didn't know that would be an issue, I will fix that in the playfield, if I can figure out how to remove thet.

2. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

No, it was fresh, yes I did a relog, even tried it after a server restart. No other autominers in the area.

I did try it on gold, but I thought maybe that one was on purpose, so I tried an iron deposit and that would'nt work either

3. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Gold is intentionally disabled. You can not automine gold. But if the Iron also failed, it must be the layer.

4. Stemm

Stemm Lieutenant

Are the custom planets in this thread still usable with current game version? There has been no update since August 2016.

5. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

I am using them as of 5.4, most things seem to be working fine.

6. Indomitus

Indomitus Ensign

Is anyone updating these with the new 5.5 terrain? I plan to tackle it eventually but if someone is already working on it, or already done and willing to share, then that'd be great!

Also, thank you to everyone who has helped contribute to the master lists used for this, the corrections and updates as the game has updated, and just to everyone who has helped contribute. Liftpizzas your videos have really helped me out too!

7. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

We haven't seen Vexray for months so Im going with probably not updated terrain meshing etc.

8. Jugger On Valium

Jugger On Valium Lieutenant

I'm using Vexray's planets and POIs on my server, with a small tweak to the references (changed Temperate to TemperateNew2, etc) - they seem to work well enough out of the box, but if someone does update them further, I'd love to use them!

9. Jugger On Valium

Jugger On Valium Lieutenant

I did have to scale the coordinates though, as they were so close together the number of travel lines made the solar system map unusable.

10. rebel7

rebel7 Ensign

Is there a download for a sector file? All i'm getting is the playfield file.

11. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

The original Vexray Planets zip in the OP contains a sector file.

12. rebel7

rebel7 Ensign

Found it, ty.

joemorin73 likes this.
  13. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Im updating all of these planets for 6.0 and I will leave a link in this thread to the updated versions, they will not have any other changes other than the YAML updates to allow for the new features to be used on these maps, as Vexray isn't with us anymore I doubt they will get updated by him again.

14. Bakkur

Bakkur Commander

I hope we will see more from your great work with the planets and solar system the guys on my server loved your xlarge universe in the past , atm i use the 50 Randomly generated planets from andargor .

But i personally prefer more your xlarge universe :D

15. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Did you updated the one I posted in the thread? Vexray's originals at the top have some issues.

Additionally, our server stopped using Piercia as it was causing problems. (It was failing to load after wipes.)

16. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

The scenario I have built has around 100 odd planets, 85 of them custom, Vexrays updated planets are in there also.

What this means is my old planet set will no longer be updated as scenario system makes it much easier to share, all of those planets have been heavily modified and put into the new scenario, every single planet has been tested in survival, right now Im still testing the Instanced POIs, as there is multigates on every starter planet that take you to 1 of 3 selectable instanced POIs, so no server that runs the scenario will ever need to worry about new players not having POIs to defeat.

@ joemorin73 , I took Vexrays YAML and left it open, created a whole new YAML, and manually edited all of Vexrays settings onto the new YAML, this means the planets are now version 6.0 YAMLs.
    ALL bugs these planets had should be gone, in testing so far there hasn't been any problems with any planets even the ones outside of Vexrays set but we have an ''out of index range'' bug Im trying to track down and that's it really, been a bit lucky with them I recon considering how old the YAMLs are !

I will be uploading Vexrays planet set in next few days for this thread. This will be JUST his planet set here.

Jugger On Valium and TK85 like this.
  17. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Vexray's original planets had a few issues. I believe Vulca was an example where the planet was missing the 0 layer and had no filler.

18. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Well I have been testing them all week and on the new YAML set I haven't had any problems, I tracked the ''out of index range'' bug down to Mercury in my planet set, which I could not then find what the actual problem was so I deleted the entire YAML and created a whole new planet for Mercury so, out of index bug gone.
    But all of Vexrays planets load fine from a CV warp to playfield and from console command sector Vulca there are no problems anymore they all load properly and show in the map window setting for each planet etc.
    In saying that I did have to change a few minor things in his YAMLs like some of the terrain textures at the wrong levels and I added snakeweed to some, and warp crystals etc, oh and in my scenario his planets have custom POIs on them but in this thread I will leave JUST his planets with no other requirements, I will also leave it in here as a SCENARIO so its really really easy to use then with bugger all file editing.

Vex Planet Update 6.0 should be ready in the next few days, it will be released before 6.0 is out officially.

tehmashby and TK85 like this.
  19. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Iluminator likes this.
  20. Pentacoast

Pentacoast Ensign

Does anyone know how to add these to Nitrado? I'm completely lost.