EGS Custom Planets

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Mr. Impulsive, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Mr. Impulsive

Mr. Impulsive Ensign

Here are a couple planets I have been throwing together in my spare time, working on a third as well. My plan is to create a small package of planets for people to use in SP or MP. Installation instructions and descriptions are in the download.

Prema - The marsh planet

Prema is a low elevation wet planet, featuring marshes and swamps with a foggy dense green/yellow tinted atmosphere. In the lower bogs you can find resources for making biofuel, also Fiber is known to exist here. You can also find blue crystal throughout the bogs, at night many nasty bugs lurk throughout these bogs, during the day & night the fearless yet humble Talon Guardians patrol these areas foraging and hunting Raptor meat. Prema is also noted for her Erestrum deposits, one of the more rare elusive ores in the EGS universe. Rados have settled in Prema along with the Talon Guardians.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arawath - Alien volcanic desert

Arawath is a alien volcanic desert planet featuring high peaks, and low elevation alien volcanic bogs with mushrooms, fungus, coral, and blue crystals. This planet is mainly noted for it's gold deposits and blue crystal harvesting. Xenu II protect and patrol the planet, there are old civi settlments about the planet where other interest companies have failed to mine, terra form, or colonize due to the Xenu II hostile forces. Arawath's atmosphere is extremely toxic and not breathable due to the amount of intense volcanic activity throughout the planet giving it a beautiful blue/purple haze. This activity also promotes alien bacteria life and some alien plants to grow here and there throughout the planet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Link to EGSCP Steam Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/egscp

Attached Files:

WinterStorm, Deltran 2, Kieve and 2 others like this.
  2. Agent0024

Agent0024 Commander

These look nice! I'll have to give them a go!

3. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

Added to Tinkercity server

4. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

We need a planet library

TNTBOY479 likes this.
  5. Mr. Impulsive

Mr. Impulsive Ensign

Thanks everyone! Zelos is coming up next. "The dark planet"

6. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

On Tinkercity, we allow players to "purchase" planets with in game credits to gain the right to make changes.

Prema got bought within five minutes just to prevent other players from making changes.

By far the fastest purchase of any playfield... Ever.

Mr. Impulsive likes this.
  7. Mr. Impulsive

Mr. Impulsive Ensign

Great news! Glad to hear people like it.

8. Yefim Fomin

Yefim Fomin Ensign

Mr. Impulsive, love the planets. I wanted to ask, I tried setting the playfields to PVP, but have not had any luck. Am I missing something?

9. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

How were you setting them to PvP?

10. Yefim Fomin

Yefim Fomin Ensign

Hey, joe, thanks for the reply. I am going into the playfield (that goes into the content/playfield folder)and where is says allow PVP: false, I am changing that to true.

11. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

There's your problem. Don't change the one in the content folder. Change the one that is in the save's template folder.

12. Yefim Fomin

Yefim Fomin Ensign

Thank you Joe for you advice. I will go in and change it when I get home and give you and update. I am sure that is all it is. I appreciate the help.

13. Mr. Impulsive

Mr. Impulsive Ensign

Just curious after the changes you made did you reset the server? I'll upload some PVP versions of those planets as well soon, also I'm finished with Zelos just running into a few issues that I need to clear up then I'll release. Lately been extremely busy with work so I have not had time to tinker with them unfortunately. Hopefully I can get Zelos cleared up this weekend, been running into issues with enemies spawning in the Asteroid terrain templates.

Here is a sneak peek at Zelos...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  14. Yefim Fomin

Yefim Fomin Ensign

Hey Mr. Impulsive, I made the changes day before yesterday. I made Arawath a PVP planet and even before the restart I got shot at by other players even though it said PVE (i told everyone it was going to be PVP.) The map reflected the change I made after the server restart that I have scheduled daily. Pretty excited for the next planet! People love Prema to go hunting on.