Feedback Required EXP 1.7 - STATUS EFFECTS rework

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Foofaspoon

Foofaspoon Commander

Okay, ignore most of the post above. I realised I had not started a new save. When I did, bandages worked fine - the countdown line turned green, the time shortened, effects were less and it did not progress. Looks like all is well!

Pantera and Germanicus like this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks for the feedback this is something that is being worked on currently.

OP updated:

New images added

Changes:

3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

One thing I did notice, and I have to say, I actually liked:

When taking what I knew would be a painfully large leap downhill (nearly always results in a broken leg), applying a bandage did not appear to mitigate this immediately. Instead, the progression band, in green, around the icon appeared to be advancing normally, and over a short period I noted a reduction in movement, and the loss of anything that might be mistaken as a "jump".

My first thought was "Oh, this is bugged", so I waited out the progression, and behold, no more broken leg, no more movement issues, and I could jump again. It's almost as if it was trying to tell me "Hey, this isn't the Sick Bay on the Enterprise, your body needs a minute to recover from such an injury.", and I was actually quite pleased with this. It was strangely believable having to actually heal for a minute.

However... I am a little concerned with more serious ailments, such as Alien Parasites, as these have long been a 30-second death sentence, unless you're gorging on Emergency Rations or Dino Stew, as it has always simply sucked the food out of you, typically faster than you can click to replenish it, resulting in death by starvation.

Will keep testing and evaluating, keep up the great work, and happy holidays!

Gonzalo_BZ likes this.