Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pantera, Dec 1, 2020.
I still don't get the big deal about the crosshair. It's perfectly visible and works fine for me.
I've been told that its on the list for "refinements" but don't have a clue as to when they will look at it. @Pantera (or anyone else) not replied about that bit.
I'm glad that you can see it perfectly fine... a lot of people can't.
Also have a read of @krazzykid2006 post #52 of the link below.
It looks like the majority of people don't like the crosshair.
The majority of people who play this game do not utilise these forums, it's the same for all games. Unless there has been a proper survey you cannot say whether the majority don't like the crosshair or not. I didn't see the thread mentioned where they ask for feedback, not something i recall anyway, there's only a few people I can count on one hand that I've seen mentioning the issue (you being one of them of course).
For me personally, it's a non issue. There's a lot more pressing concerns that need their attention.
Currently there is no plans to change anything in this area of the game but that's don't mean there never will be.
Iron sights are already in the game hold the right mouse button (not every weapon has it though such as miniguns for example as they don't really need it).
Well I believe @krazzykid2006 post. You want to nitpick over words then go for it mate...
For me personally, it is an issue. Empyrion also know its an issue, or why would they put it on the "refinements" list.....
So when I got told that it was on the "refinements" list then that is no longer true?
I have no idea what you have been told all I can say is what I last replied with.
I'm currently on stable but, for those on experimental, has anyone tested to see if AI detection has been fixed (for NPC vs NPC battles) since we can add custom factions now?
I've had an idea for a while now to add "warzone" playfields to a custom scenario. These would be playfields inhabited by two warring factions. The faction names would be something generic (royalists vs republicans, imperials vs rebels, husbands vs wives etc.) with patrols and POIs spawning in the same areas close to each other, so that skirmishes and battles between the warring sides occur everywhere across the planet. Maybe even neutral POIs resembling bombed-out settlements that spawn troops of both factions for a constant battle. The factions won't necessarily be hostile to the player but, there will always be gunfire in the background and bullets flying around.
The thing is, I never even thought about how to add custom factions because NPCs having trouble detecting and engaging each other is the main hurdle. So, since we've jumped straight to custom factions, does that mean that NPC detection has been fixed as well? I can't find anything definitive in the patch notes.
I mean have the chance to remove the scope, the last time I tried, if I right click, I look through the scope (talking about the juicy rifles).
Iron sights are those thingies on top of a rifle that let you align the weapon to the target.
I don't care about the placeholders, I don't care about WIP, that is all fine and understandable and I am on your side, but come on, Empyrion is ALSO a shooter and to shoot you need to be able to aim, that crosshair is the worse I have ever seen, too thin, blends in with the background, it's basically invisible.
Is it too difficult to do or is it one of those "it is what it is, cope with it" things? Just asking....
You need to think that not all your players are 16yo with eyes of a hawk and reflexes of a snake, all I (and many others) are asking, is only a more visible crosshair to be able to play and enjoy the game.
And please, as a Christmas present, make the headlights stop creating a wall in front of you, it is actually better at night without lights.
These are little things ok, but as we spend a lot of our time flying, shooting and exploring, it would be lovely to forget we are in a videogame, you know, immersion....
Have a look at post #72 for what I got told by @Hummel-o-War
It's a pity that you think that there is no need for the cross hair to be looked at...
That's a completely different feature request which at this moment I cannot say anything about but will say keep an eye out for future updates.
Ok I didn't know about that comment.
I never said there is no need just currently with everything else being worked on (current features/changes for v1.3 & upcoming after Christmas) there is no plans currently (Maybe I should have worded it differently).
In fact I mentioned it ONLY as an alternative to the already existing crosshair, in case the crosshair is one of the most difficult things to change in the Universe...
I don't want and need iron sights, but I surely need something, anything, to see where I am shooting.
"In case you cannot change the crosshair, at least give us iron sights please".
Sorry, I don't know how else to write it and I don't know German....
Assault rifles, basic pistols, and basic laser pistols have iron sights. Tier two pistols, basic rocket launchers, and both shotguns have holographic sights. Tier two assault rifles, both pulse rifles, both sniper rifles, laser rifles, tier two rocket launchers, and tier two laser pistols have scopes. Miniguns, flamethrowers, plasma cannons, and plasma blasters do not have sights, and so must be fired from the hip.
It's worth noting that when the three iron sights weapons are aim, the targeting crosshair disappears. It might be desirable for this to happen when RMB aiming all handheld weapons, and for any misaligned sights on the weapon models to be adjusted. The option to turn off the crosshair completely is probably something some people would like as well.
Hopefully this pretty well concludes this derailment.
Patch 2020-12-15 v1.3 B3196
- Added: Scenario Workshop publishing now allows png files (needed for transparency)
- Factions.ecf: Admin faction needs to have "NPC: false" set
- Talking to trader entities: reputation check is now only done on factions that have reputation enabled.
- Scenario Loading Screens: fixed problem that the first loading screen was from the lastly loaded scenario (BETTER FIX)
- Loading Screens: now only one loading screenshot is shown (instead of two) during the loading
- Updated GIN: you can now use credibility seals with the 'Contact an Ambassador' dialogue to restore your reputation
- Updated: Credibility missions now have a waiting time before they can be repeated
- Updated: Intro description of starter planets (added some hints about their individual challenges)
- Scenario Loading Screens: loading every 10s a new screenshot now
- Small update of scenario "Invader vs Defender - Conflict of Cygnus"
- Added: PDA playfield op "AI" use with parameter true or false, e.g. 'AI: false'
- Improved Attack/Defense value calculation: no longer using averages of weapons of vessels and spawners, also handling melee type attacks of NPC's
- Fixed: Vessels coming to a stop with cruise mode on after using the detector
- Fixed: Loss of vessel speed
- Fixed: problem that asset bundles (w/o extension) were not sent to clients in SharedData (now able to use suitpropsext in MP games)
- Fixed: PDA actions with Amount > 1 didn't always complete when using "[Names]Required: NeedAll" or when exiting and resuming the game while the chapter is in progress
- Fixed: Destroying drones at end of Human Remains mission does not complete task
- Fixed: loading screenshots overlapping respawn buttons (moved buttons to the left)
Congrats and excellent job, Eleon.
I haven't tested the Credibility Missions yet but I saw a lot of new dialogue and the modifications to tokens and traders about the subject. It must have taken you a lot of work. Well done making the universe more lively.
Also the traders on stations allied to the fact that we can tune the items marketing factor to our liking was well thought.
Before the change, editing the traders ecf file was hard because each item had different values spread everywhere. Now it's much easier to soft tune profit.