Experimental v1.4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pantera, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hotfix: 2021-02-02 EXP v1.4 (Build 3257)

Fixes:

- 07784: Use case of docked vessels sinking
    - Fix for vessel coming to a stop when a structure renders in

Known:
    - Vessels don't react to any player input when sat in the cockpit for 15 seconds when loading into a save

byo13, Wellingtoon, TerriWild and 3 others like this.
  2. TerriWild

TerriWild Ensign

One Suggestion: i was testing the new dynamic block id feature today. It wasn't possible to define a new block in config.ecf so i needed to put it
    in BlockConfig.ecf.

However, when the change is lost due to an update and loading a save game with that dynmic block present or havin' a blueprint with that block
    it will throw an exception and show you a CoQ.

Wouldn't it be possible to use the "show a white block instead" feature and log it as warning?
    Or simply allow defining the new dynamic id block in config.ecf.

It is currently possible to define new templates in config.ecf.
    If that would be possible with blocks it might ease the work of Reforged/Eden folks.

When i got some i sleep, i will try out 3257 with a fresh save and seeif 07784 is still a problem and looking what the drone bases state is.

Next planned tests (my private plans, just to be sure, i'am not affiliated with eleon or anyone else): Create two scenarios with diffent dynamic id blocks and see if that could cause trouble, if both are installed, and savegames from both exist.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It already does this. If it can't find a block in the 2048+ range, it will display as a blank white cube and give an error in the console. Usually.

Templates are created in templates.ecf.

Having better "mod" support would be nice, for example being able to just add new blocks without needing to include the entire main blocksconfig.ecf file. Hopefully in time we'll get better support for that as well as perhaps workshop integration for certain types of custom content like new blocks and such.

Khazul likes this.
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
  5. basingleton

basingleton Commander

Just throwing this out there...

Native new 1.4 game (on exp 1.4.x or public 1.4) = Level 1 tech unlocked if unlock points are zero, therefore they are automatically green (unlocked)

opening a 1.3.x save game on public 1.4 = Level 1 tech is all blue (locked). Others have reported that:
    "half my Misc screen and my entire Weapons screen were blue locked, even though I'd had everything unlocked prior to update."

It is unclear if the unlock points are given back, or if this is causing a shortage when trying to do another one time unlock of your stuff.

Not a bug I care about personally, but someone on the discord is very vocal about how terrible it is to have the biofuel locked because the chainsaw became locked. If it bugged me (pun intended) then I'd open a bug ticket, but I start fresh with each major release.

*it might be possible that the tech re-locks, but does not give back any unlock points.. I am unsure and I just thought of that scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.