CURRENTLY not reproducible Game crashes from time to time

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by Daimonicon, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Daimonicon

Daimonicon Lieutenant

2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Your savegame version is 1.84, and most likely it got corrupted, nothing you can do about but: First try to run a File integrity check in Steam and delete the content of the save\cache folder to see if it corrects.

If still it crashes, you should restart a new game, also to make the huge changes of 1.85-1.87 apply during your game which is not the case with a 1.84 save.

If then it still crashes come back here.
    Also, after updating to latest version make an additional file integrity check in Steam and delete the content of the save\cache folder to be sure everything is ok.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  3. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

When was the last time you updated your config files?
    You have to check and fix them every update.

From the errors present it seems you have one or multiple issues in your config files.
    It is on you to keep your config files up to date and include all changes from the default game.

Since you are using custom configs you will have to show this can happen without modded config files before the devs will look into it.

japp_02 likes this.
  4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

^^
    Twitchyl is right of course, I always silently assume everyone reverts all his modding in case of game crashes before reporting a bug...
    This means deleting all the modded files and running the Steam Integrity Check to get the original files again.

@Twitchyl,
    is it possible to create a log file in the case the game doesn't crash, is there any console command maybe? I want to see a log if everything goes ok compared to a log with trouble messages. Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  5. Daimonicon

Daimonicon Lieutenant

Normally I check the config files but this time I didn't - I did it now.
    The crash will probably not have its origin in the config files. I have been using them for several versions without any problems and I have tested them for a few hours before using them in a scenario. These are some weapons that are adjusted in damage and small things.

Ok that the devs ignore that in this case I did not know. I just play regularly - I'm a player not a tester.
    The tip with the integrity check I think was very helpful - It can of course be all together. I have performed the check, renewed the config files and deleted the savecache. Maybe I can do without a new savegame - I don't want to do it all over again.

I had a problem with the Playfield Skillon that is already gone and until now there were also no more crashes - So far very helpful, thank you so far.