Fixed Game not loading - stuck on error screen

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by AnemoiThuellai, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Chokinski

Chokinski Ensign

No, I literally got the game and installed it last night, had trouble with performance but ended up playing on a server for a few hours with a friend anyway (there were no errors then). After exiting the server and closing the game, I closed my laptop, tried to open the game again 14 hours later and the error came up. I've attached my windows update history, nothing seemed to happen overnight but I'll look a little deeper to see if anything else changed. Also, I just tried reinstalling the game and, similarly, the error persists. I'm gonna uninstall again and run ccleaner to see if it catches any registry stuff.

Attached Files:

2. Chokinski

Chokinski Ensign

Actually, looking a little deeper it looks like I got some Windows Defender definition updates - maybe those are interfering?

Attached Files:

3. Chokinski

Chokinski Ensign

After reinstalling AND clearing registries with CCleaner the game was able to run again - and we may be able to rule out Windows Defender because my brother updated to the latest definitions and it still ran fine after restarting, etc. I've attached the registries that were deleted before reinstalling the game.

Attached Files:

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    So just to double check for you after doing this it is now fine ?

Also just curious can you screenshot what you have checked in ccleaner registry cleaner ? I'm guessing all are checked by default.

5. Chokinski

Chokinski Ensign

Yeah everything was left checked by default and I ran it that way. I ran it a few times before uninstalling the game but was still getting the error, so I don't think those would be worth attaching here (there'd be > 200 of them as well).

edit: Also yeah, everything seems to be fine but I'll update if it comes back. I added exclusions in Windows Defender to my steam folders so if it did jump in and mess with the registry hopefully it won't happen again but idk.

Attached Files:

6. AnemoiThuellai

AnemoiThuellai Ensign

I did a windows update yesterday

7. Pantera

• Developer
  8. AnemoiThuellai

AnemoiThuellai Ensign

9. AnemoiThuellai

AnemoiThuellai Ensign

I believe I figured out what happened.

On my computer I have several hard drives. I have moved the location of the following folders for my user account: Desktop, Download, Documents. I moved these to a drive other than C. Today I moved the Document folder back to it's default place and reinstalled the game. It's working again.

My theory is that when it did the update, it unpacked the update files in the default C: temp folder but because it was downloaded to D: it couldn't finish the update. This happened to another program I was updating. I had to search for the file location of the file the installed just unpacked.

The game I was playing during the update is corrupted and won't load but I can now use the error sceen options to send an email if needed.

10. Pantera

• Developer
    Ok that's good to hear it is now working. I'll close this thread for other issues please make a new thread.