Fixed LCD projector Disappearing [00478]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Don2k7, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Don2k7

Don2k7 Captain

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: v1.8.14 3886
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: and creative

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: very
    Severity: severe

Type:

Summary:

Description:

LCD's seem broken, Disappear from base bp when spawned in if lcds are placed on outside of the base, even placing new ones does't fix issue, you access them to write in them and once you close the window they disappear leaving a ghost block space in there place
    this is on a RE server and have reproduced in RE creative as well
    Also able to reproduce in vanilla creative

Steps to Reproduce
    :
    1)
    2)
    3)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Ente and ravien_ff like this.
  2. Ente

Ente Commander

Yeah there is definately something fishy going on with lcds:
    [​IMG]
    Note the "Press 'F' to access LCD Projector. There is a LCD projector at this position, and you can edit it. But it doesn't show and its projection is also missing.
    Seems to happen when you spawn in an Blueprint that has LCD projectors on the outer hull, as Don2k7 already described.

3. Don2k7

Don2k7 Captain

I noticed today that the parking line lcds I use on the outside work ok on my parking bay base above the planet where are located but disappear as described above by myself and Ente on the pit stop base which is located in an asteroid field will post pics tomorrow when back on pc

4. Garaman

Garaman Captain

What would help is if somebody has a reproducible case in a vanilla save. Like, load this save, then spawn in this BP and notice that these LCDs are missing.

So far in trying this I haven't been able to repro it in a new creative session, so it may have something to do with already populated ships and structures being present.

5. Ente

Ente Commander

I don't even have a way reproduce it reliably in RE. It just happens sometimes. I have a feeling it might be related to the lod system (i.e. the game hides objects it assumes are too far away to be visible).
    That system is currently also borked for LCDs, as can be seen with some of the larger LCDs. In theory that could cause this issue as well, so thats where I would look if I had the code to analyse it. But I have no clue how to produce a reproducible case fromn this.

6. Don2k7

Don2k7 Captain

I can reproduce this in creative every time. Was trying to finish lcds for next seasons pit stop but gave up as they keep disappearing

7. Insopor

Insopor Commander

Unless you've found different, I think this has to do with large sized LCD projections exclusively.

And here I just got started with LCDs and thought I was screwing up something major. (probably still am)

I'll try to remember to throw together a reproduceable something or other tomorrow. But yeah, it's consistently happening.

8. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

I was just working on repairing a CV in Star Salvage that has LCDs on it and noticed that two of them simply disappeared on me even though I was standing right in front of one of them. I haven't been able to get it to happen again though.

9. Don2k7

Don2k7 Captain

This cant be the case as the same lcds on another build in another system are not affected

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    works fine here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    doesnt work here in ghost block to left of blue block where lcd is saved to blueprint

<align=center><line-height=-1300>
    </line-height><size=1100>
    ┃<line-height=-1000>

<mspace=1em>
    <uppercase>
    <b>
    this is code on both builds set to 5 width and 5 height

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  10. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi I found a reliable way to force this to trigger & it will be looked into as soon as we can.

Insopor, Ente, Garaman and 2 others like this.
  11. Don2k7

Don2k7 Captain

ok thank you

ravien_ff likes this.
  12. exzackery

exzackery Ensign

I had this problem also.
    LCD,s on the outside of any structure are there but are invisible and do not function.
    If you surround the LCD with glass blocks the LCD will reappear and start to function again.

13. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

I confirm this as well, but I'm also seeing this behavior is acting weird with signals tied to the LCD screens it seems. It's really hard to tell tbh because I can't distinguish an LCD bug from a signal bug anymore.