CURRENTLY not reproducible LCD Screens and switches were all disabled even though they were set to active

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by Eldon O, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Eldon O

Eldon O Ensign

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 4233
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Multiplayer Default

SERVER NAME: Victorians Hosted by Host Havoc
    SEED-ID: 1011345

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: first use after patch.
    Severity: Minor

Type: Triggers,Sensors

Summary: LCDs not working after patch until modified in someway.

Description: LCD Screens and switches were all disabled even though they were set to active

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) LCDs were not displaying.
    2) Inspected device in the control panel; note that the device is active but not displaying.
    3) Change the background colour of the LCD only.
    4) LCD started working again.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Eldon O

Eldon O Ensign

Related followup. I added two new motion sensors and tied them to two ramps. After an hour of gameplay, one of the sensors/ramps stopped working. I tried giving the ramp that wasn't working a new sensor with the same settings, and it worked again. However, it would stop if I changed it back to the sensor that wasn't working. I then saved a blueprint of the ship and spawned it in Creative mode. Both sensors and ramps worked fine.

I quit the game and restarted, and both sensors and ramps were working again in Multiplayer.

3. Eldon O

Eldon O Ensign

Now the Teleporter Motion sensor has stopped working. Going to try quit/restart again.

4. Eldon O

Eldon O Ensign

The problem is the client, it is getting corrupted somehow. Quitting the game and restarting is fixing the problem temporarily for now.

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you reliably reproduce this on your own server when you join it & setup a structure or multiple structures or make use of the save game you are using on your current server ?
    Your own server = in your steam library > tools > Empyrion dedicated server & run the server on your own machine & join it if you have enough RAM.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Eldon O

Eldon O Ensign

I don't think the game save was the problem. Every time I quit and reconnected to the dedicated server, the issue was gone. It seemed to only happen after playing for a while too. So I wouldn't say there was a reliable way of making it happen.

Also, I tried connecting to the dedicated server on my PC; it doesn't seem to connect. I tried using telnet to verify I could connect to the port, which works. So my firewall isn't blocking the port or anything. I also changed the port to 26900. However, when I try connecting with the client to 127.0.0.1:26900, it doesn't connect.