Need Help with learning to code ingame LCD screens

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by SGP Corp, May 18, 2020.

1. SGP Corp

SGP Corp Captain

Yes, I want to "learn to code" and I'm not even a journalist looking for a new job (LOL)

I've been looking around and done a few searches on the forum and general ones with search engines but I can't a find a good resource for learning tips and tricks when programming displays on the LCD screens. Any suggestions where to find this sort of thing?
    What I have already picked up is how to set different fonts, rather than just one consistent font, for onscreen text and such, really only very very basic stuff. What I would like to learn is how to things like display variable information like container item quantities or even vessel stats (speed, direction, fuel level, etal.).

garyice likes this.
  2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

That requires a mod in order to work. Without it/them, no amount of LCD coding will work. https://empyriononline.com/threads/mod-ext-empyrion-scripting-scripts.92458/
    The thread has it's own guides.

The only thing the LCDs can do in the vanilla game is display what you've typed into them. Though with projectors you can overlay multiple projections tied to sensors to display an on/off setting on a single screen.

Ephoie and SGP Corp like this.
  3. SGP Corp

SGP Corp Captain

Now that I think about it, I recall that last year that was all they could do. I saw the newer LCD now with the embedded ascii symbols and graphics selection and I guess thought that they had upgraded them to be more like the LCDs in Space Engineers.

I will definitely check out that mod you linked so thanks for giving me an option to pursue.

4. Shadowpuppy

Shadowpuppy Ensign

you can use html to code the projectors to display holo keyboards and things. The work shop is a good place to find ships that have some cool pronector.stuff

SGP Corp likes this.