New Blocks

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by BloodAngel099, Jul 10, 2023.

1. BloodAngel099

BloodAngel099 Ensign

How do I add items so that they can be made in a constructor, I am seeing it isnt as simple as adding the information to the template file. I was also wondering how do I get the game to show a custom name instead of the blockconfig block name?

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    You need to add the actual Block to the blocksconfig (for devices) or itemsconfig (for items, eg. weapons, medicals etc).
    In the templates config you need to set up a template with the EXACT same name as your item/device in the blocks/itemsconfig.

For custom names > you need to use the localization.csv. Add the KEY there and add a translation/phrase at least for the EN column.

3. BloodAngel099

BloodAngel099 Ensign

Thank you, sorry for the late post, I thought I had responded here. New question, is it possible to impose death pentalties? Like if you die you lose xp and can delevel? Or anything at all?

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

No. There is an on-death status effect already in the game, but dying/respawning has no trigger for it.

However, you can use status effect chaining and looping, to technically add a debuff to trigger after respawning that penalizes HP/Stamina/Hunger/Speed, but it's convoluted and messy. The same method can be used positively to increase maximum HP/stamina/speed for surviving longer.

5. BloodAngel099

BloodAngel099 Ensign

I never thought about a reward for living, but if YOU are saying its messy, I think I will just stay away form it. Too new to this to deal with messy very well.... :) Thank you again!

I have been looking at reworking the HV and SV constructors into a 2-tier system. I like the idea of a constructor you can upgrade, and is able to build all of the SV/HV blocks and devices for more self sustaining exploration. However I would have to go through essentially every single device/block in the template file to do this wouldn't I? I am hoping there is an easier way I am not seeing...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  6. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but my question is about New Blocks also, in this case the Water Block, Eleon made them available in the creative mode but they don't carry over to the spawn.
    Is there a way, or is it on the 'Eleon' cards to make a recipe to have the Block in game, for Blueprints or even just to console the block in?
    My ship swimming pool is sadly empty.

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You need to modify the config files and can add a recipe your self

Or you use the im command qhat gives you access to the creative menu

We have no plans to make it player craftable atm

8. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

Ok, I'll look at the config file and try to work something out there.
    and, sorry for appearing dense, but, would the 'im' command be the 'Item Menu' command?

ignore that orange line... all good and sorted, thanks again

And thanks for the quick reply:)

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    Taelyn likes this.